Windows 10: cant press anything in taskbar

Discus and support cant press anything in taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i want to click the sound icon so i can change my output from headphones to the built in speakers on my monitor, but i cant click anything on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lame_gaming, Oct 5, 2020.

1. cant press anything in taskbar

i want to click the sound icon so i can change my output from headphones to the built in speakers on my monitor, but i cant click anything on the taskbar

if i click on wifi, no popup shows, however i can click on the different apps i have open

submitted by /u/lame_gaming
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lame_gaming, Oct 5, 2020

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 5, 2020
  4. cant press anything in taskbar

taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

cant press anything in taskbar

1. cant press anything in taskbar - Similar Threads - cant press anything

2. Cant open anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open anything: So i just helped build my friend a pc last night we got everything going this morning i got windows 11 installed and up to date i got all drivers up to date i got some apps and started to play elden ring everything was fine shut down pc waited for him to get home from work to...
  3. Cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant hear anything: No sound coming out of my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-anything/a9fffb8e-2438-4779-8aca-628e0a9a58e4
  4. cant download anything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant download anything.: Cant download anything. Keeps saying "to help protect your pc we recommend using a microsoft verified app" or "the app you are installing is not a supported app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-anything/c24b7e2f-154e-48e1-b306-618e30c5696a
  5. Taskbar Not Responding constantly can't press start button or anything - help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Not Responding constantly can't press start button or anything - help!: HiThis problem started literally today. My bottom task bar is unresponsive, constantly not responding, when I press it the screen turns white for 1 second then goes back to not responding. I have tried resetting my PC, virus scans, rebooting, the lot. Nothing has...
  6. Cant open anything

Cant open anything: So i installed the last windows update and now i cant open anything. I mean i cant open the start menu, i cant refresh and one more thing the nvidia graphics are not running. I can open apps but i cant open that menu and other things, for example the command windows key+ r is...
  7. Cant click anything on taskbar or desktop

Cant click anything on taskbar or desktop: I cant click anything on taskbar or desktop. I cant click on anything in my windows menu, and if i open task manager i cant interact with it all. The only thing i can use is google chrome....
  8. Cannot press anything on taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot press anything on taskbar: I cannot click anything on taskbar, maybe due to resolution issue. I am using laptop NT800G5M-X78S, with external monitor. Usually when I plugged my external monitor in, my OS do not know which window I am pointing, making I cannot click anything. It is not a mouse...
  9. Cannot press anything on taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot press anything on taskbar: I cannot click anything on taskbar, maybe due to resolution issue. I am using laptop NT800G5M-X78S, with external monitor. Usually when I plugged my external monitor in, my OS do not know which window I am pointing, making I cannot click anything. It is not a mouse...
  10. Stuck on loading screen with no spinning circle, cant press anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on loading screen with no spinning circle, cant press anything.: Okay, so all I can say is that I booted up my PC today and it loaded to a screen with ASUS then "please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings" and no spinning circle. I try to enter bios or advanced startup but when I try it doesnt do anything but stay on that screen....