Windows 10: Can't press the "w" and "2" keys at the same time while playing video games.

Discus and support Can't press the "w" and "2" keys at the same time while playing video games. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought my PC About 5 months ago and haven't had any issues up to this point. But 2 days ago I noticed that while playing any game I am not able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshuaMyer, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Can't press the "w" and "2" keys at the same time while playing video games.

I bought my PC About 5 months ago and haven't had any issues up to this point. But 2 days ago I noticed that while playing any game I am not able to press "w" and "2" at the same time, as well as some other key combinations. I have looked online and thought that keyboard ghosting could be the issue. This would make sense, but this hasn't been a problem until 2 days ago. I have tried resetting my computer and some other general troubleshooting tricks. I have researched my keyboard and it shouldn't have any ghosting problems. Same with my PC. Again this was not a problem until 2 days ago. I can post my specs if needed. Any suggestions?

:)

JoshuaMyer, Apr 13, 2020

2. Only 'W' key stucks while playing games.

While playing games, W key have been started to stuck. I mean; when I stop to press W key, my chracter still moving forward and after 2-3 seconds it automaticly stops moving. This situtiation only happens when I press W key for 2-3 seconds. Only happens in games and only happens for W key.

Things I tried;
    -Disabled Anti-virus, Razer Cortex, MSI Afterbunner etc.
    -Unchecked 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'
    -Updated drivers

This problem makes impossible to play games.

necrospiritus, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Can't press the "w" and "2" keys at the same time while playing video games.

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't press the "w" and "2" keys at the same time while playing video games.

1. Can't press the "w" and "2" keys at the same time while playing video games. - Similar Threads - Can't press keys

2. recording videos while playing videogame at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recording videos while playing videogame at the same time: I play online, I have two screens. I am also recording my screen with Xbox bar to keep some videos that I will use offline, and it is quite long. So I want to play while recording this videos in the second screen, but as soon as I start the game, the recording on the second...
  3. recording videos while playing videogame at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recording videos while playing videogame at the same time: I play online, I have two screens. I am also recording my screen with Xbox bar to keep some videos that I will use offline, and it is quite long. So I want to play while recording this videos in the second screen, but as soon as I start the game, the recording on the second...
  4. Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time: I play games and in every single game i try i cant press shift w and a at the same time and it only makes a beeping sound after a second or two, I have all updated drivers however im using a pc/2 slot keyboard, all my sticky keys and accessibility settings have been turned...
  5. Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time

Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time: I play games and in every single game i try i cant press shift w and a at the same time and it only makes a beeping sound after a second or two, I have all updated drivers however im using a pc/2 slot keyboard, all my sticky keys and accessibility settings have been turned...
  6. İcan't press the "w" and space keys at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    İcan't press the "w" and space keys at the same time: İ this pc for likelmo t 5 month i rlly like it tho there is a problem its a "laptop" so i buyed a keyboard for it. it had no porblems until now. Now i cant press w and space at this keyboard but i still can do at the laptop keyboard note the keyboard i buyed is kb-r52 rampage...
  7. İcan't press the "w" and space keys at the same time

İcan't press the "w" and space keys at the same time: İ this pc for likelmo t 5 month i rlly like it tho there is a problem its a "laptop" so i buyed a keyboard for it. it had no porblems until now. Now i cant press w and space at this keyboard but i still can do at the laptop keyboard note the keyboard i buyed is kb-r52 rampage...
  8. I'm unable to press "w" and "2" at the same time , but im able to press other key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to press "w" and "2" at the same time , but im able to press other key...: How do I fix this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-press-w-and-2-at-the-same-time-but-im/c0d175de-f55d-48d4-b091-cba4480e6a1f
  9. I'm unable to press "w" and "2" at the same time , but im able to press other key...

I'm unable to press "w" and "2" at the same time , but im able to press other key...: How do I fix this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-press-w-and-2-at-the-same-time-but-im/c0d175de-f55d-48d4-b091-cba4480e6a1f
  10. I suddenly can't press W and A, W and D at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I suddenly can't press W and A, W and D at the same time: Please help.. It was working before but it just went off.. sorry for bad englishe submitted by /u/Adventurous-Sound-93 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m353s0/i_suddenly_cant_press_w_and_a_w_and_d_at_the_same/