Windows 10: Can't prevent photos going full-screen when I'm trying to edit them.

Discus and support Can't prevent photos going full-screen when I'm trying to edit them. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since yesterday's WIN 10 patch, clicking on an IrfanView image makes that image go full screen, with a black background and the current file address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Newmaven, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Newmaven Win User

Can't prevent photos going full-screen when I'm trying to edit them.

Since yesterday's WIN 10 patch, clicking on an IrfanView image makes that image go full screen, with a black background and the current file address and name in green lettering in the top left corner. This makes it impossible to edit. I think it did that occasionally before the update, but as of yesterday it does it all the time.
    I have the feeling that the full-screen image app is part of Win 10, which is why I'm posting here. IrfanView is set as my default photo program.
    Any idea what's causing this and how I fix it?

:)

Newmaven, Sep 12, 2019
  2. FGG825 Win User

Photo Editing

Hi,

When trying to edit photos in the windows 10 photo app, my screen is going black and freezing. Does anyone know why this is happening or what I can to to prevent it?

Thanks!

FGG825, Sep 12, 2019
  3. How do I get the edited photos from 10 Photos app to change on the hard drive?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior:

• Go to the folder in hard drive.
    • Right click on the photo you want to edit.
    • Click on Open with and select
      photos
      (To open that particular photo in Windows 10 photos app).
    • Make some changes in the photo and click on
      save
    • Now go back to the folder and check the if you see the changes you made.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Can't prevent photos going full-screen when I'm trying to edit them.

Photos / Edit Stopped Working

This seems to be a hiccup with the application's software. What you can try is to do the following steps which will reset the internal state of the Photo app:

• Press Windows button + R.
    • Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of that folder

Let us know if this suggestion helped.

Regene Jos, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Can't prevent photos going full-screen when I'm trying to edit them.

1. Can't prevent photos going full-screen when I'm trying to edit them. - Similar Threads - Can't prevent photos

2. Can't access taskbar when I'm focused on a full screen app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access taskbar when I'm focused on a full screen app: I have auto hide taskbar on, and before I never had any problems. Now, whenever I have a full screen app in focus, the taskbar does not show up when I move my mouse to the bottom of my screen. It only shows up after I alt+tab out of the app, or use my second monitor. This is...
  3. Can't access taskbar when I'm focused on a full screen app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access taskbar when I'm focused on a full screen app: I have auto hide taskbar on, and before I never had any problems. Now, whenever I have a full screen app in focus, the taskbar does not show up when I move my mouse to the bottom of my screen. It only shows up after I alt+tab out of the app, or use my second monitor. This is...
  4. Windows 11 Photo Editor not saving photo edits and I'm exhausted trying to find a solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Photo Editor not saving photo edits and I'm exhausted trying to find a solution: Hi, My issue is that my updated Windows 11 photo editor is not accepting edits I make to photos. I have tried/checked:uninstalling and reinstalling the photo programchecking my photos properties -- they are not read onlychecking for windows updates - I am up to dateNothing...
  5. Windows 11 Photo Editor not saving photo edits and I'm exhausted trying to find a solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photo Editor not saving photo edits and I'm exhausted trying to find a solution: Hi, My issue is that my updated Windows 11 photo editor is not accepting edits I make to photos. I have tried/checked:uninstalling and reinstalling the photo programchecking my photos properties -- they are not read onlychecking for windows updates - I am up to dateNothing...
  6. How to prevent windows form going full screen when moving them to the top?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent windows form going full screen when moving them to the top?: Hi! This is really getting on my nerves! When I move a window to the top of the screen, it goes full screen automatically. I hate that. I never asked for that. I want it to stop. How do I change this? Thx in advance !...
  7. Volume bar missing when i'm in full screen games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume bar missing when i'm in full screen games: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/killazZooM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwc2o9/volume_bar_missing_when_im_in_full_screen_games/
  8. Microsoft, I'm a dummie, when I save a photo, I can't find them, where do they go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft, I'm a dummie, when I save a photo, I can't find them, where do they go?: I AM A NEWBIE TO WINDOWS 10. when I SAVE MY PHOTOS OR DOWNLOAD, WHERE DO THEY GO, I CAN'T FIND THEM ALL. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-im-a-dummie-when-i-save-a-photo-i-cant/ddb82349-0300-4278-8fcd-aac836e723ba"
  9. Can't do save or save as when editing photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't do save or save as when editing photos.: Hello, I recently updated to the new Windows version 1903 and I opened paint.net, I edited a photo and when I was going to save it, It said "(Directory) File not found. Check the filename and try again." This started happening after I updated...
  10. I can't make games go full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't make games go full screen: On my laptop keyboard fn+f11 just lowers the volume. Games are opening as maximized screen but not full screen. 99986