Windows 10: Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.

Discus and support Can´t preview pdf in Outlook. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi.I have Foxit PDF Editor on my computer.Every time I restart my computer, I can´t preview pdf in Outlook.The only way to solve to follow the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert Ess, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.

Hi.I have Foxit PDF Editor on my computer.Every time I restart my computer, I can´t preview pdf in Outlook.The only way to solve to follow the information in this topic: File preview not working when file is renamed - Microsoft CommunityIt works until I restart my computer again.Any ideas how to get the settings to stay?Now I have solved it by making a backup of the string in RegEdit and every time I restart my computer, I restore the setting.It is not how it should be as I see it.I am tankful for all help I can get.Best Regards/Robert Sandberg

:)

Robert Ess, Apr 7, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?

Suggests something left over from an early installation, or perhaps an old version of Adobe? Is yours current?

Notice there's something odd following it - pdf' ?

Earlier I gave you an article showing the relevant registry keys and how a preview handler is registered. If you were to follow those through you might find a rogue entry- try searching the registry for
    'Handler for Vista'

More:
    Fix broken Adobe Acrobat DC PDF Preview Handler in Outlook – Nicholas Rogoff Blog
    Fix: PDF Preview Handler 'This file cannot be previewed' - Appuals.com

dalchina, Apr 7, 2022
  3. PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly

Windows was updated yesterday with an Excel Update. There were also some other program updates, including Malwarebytes. I am not sure which update did something, but now previewing a PDF in Outlook 2010 does not work at all. I get PDF Preview Handler errors. I know this isn't an Outlook forum but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks.

Gator5000e, Apr 7, 2022
  4. ship69 Win User

Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.

How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?

To get clear, yes I did reboot the system. Still doesn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

I have recently uninstalled Adobe Acrobat DC and Re-installed it.

Interestingly, I have at least managed to change what the message in Outlook says. It now says that there is an error with the "PDF Preview Handler".

Can´t preview pdf in Outlook. [​IMG]

Preview Handler Association Editor lists nothing associated with "Adobe PDF Preview Handler for Vista". There are various entried talking about PDF.

Fiw, I can't see any other Registered Handlers that look relevent either.

ship69, Apr 7, 2022
Thema:

Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.

1. Can´t preview pdf in Outlook. - Similar Threads - Can´t preview pdf

2. Can I change the pdf preview app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the pdf preview app?: I am using WINDOWS 10 desktop. While using PDF preview I could not zoom the view. Please advise if we have an option to change the default pdf preview app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-pdf-preview-app/0a95857c-b874-4025-92b4-c5cb7d236911
  3. Can I change the pdf preview app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change the pdf preview app?: I am using WINDOWS 10 desktop. While using PDF preview I could not zoom the view. Please advise if we have an option to change the default pdf preview app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-pdf-preview-app/0a95857c-b874-4025-92b4-c5cb7d236911
  4. Can I change the pdf preview app?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. PDF Viewer - Preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF Viewer - Preview: I don't like Adobe Reader so I installed another PDF Viewer/Editor. However it is now impossible to get a preview of the file in File Explorer. Why is that? Is it even legal that the functionality is impaired unless users use a third- parties software even if they don't want...
  6. PDF Viewer - Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Viewer - Preview: I don't like Adobe Reader so I installed another PDF Viewer/Editor. However it is now impossible to get a preview of the file in File Explorer. Why is that? Is it even legal that the functionality is impaired unless users use a third- parties software even if they don't want...
  7. Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.: Hi.I have Foxit PDF Editor on my computer.Every time I restart my computer, I can´t preview pdf in Outlook.The only way to solve to follow the information in this topic: File preview not working when file is renamed - Microsoft CommunityIt works until I restart my computer...
  8. How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?: Hello 1. How do I get Window10's File Explorer to show a preview of PDF files in the right hand pane? It just says "No preview available", whereas previews are visible for all my other types of file (e.g. .JPG and .XLSX etc) 2. Also in my Outlook ("for Microseoft 365 MSO...
  9. PDF Preview in Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PDF Preview in Explorer: Having just done a clean install I'm quite pleased with the PDF viewer built into Edge, so will not be installing my usual PDF reader. However there is no preview in Explorer. I normally install Foxit to get the preview component. Is there anyway to get a PDF preview in...
  10. PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    PDF Previews in Outlook 2010 Stopped Suddenly: Windows was updated yesterday with an Excel Update. There were also some other program updates, including Malwarebytes. I am not sure which update did something, but now previewing a PDF in Outlook 2010 does not work at all. I get PDF Preview Handler errors. I know this isn't...