Windows 10: Can't preview pdf in Windows 10 Explorer

Discus and support Can't preview pdf in Windows 10 Explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot view pdf files from Preview Pane in Windows 10 Explorer. When I click on a pdf file, the Preview Pane has a message that says "this file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoniR1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. JoniR1 Win User

Can't preview pdf in Windows 10 Explorer

I cannot view pdf files from Preview Pane in Windows 10 Explorer. When I click on a pdf file, the Preview Pane has a message that says "this file can't be previewed." I have Adobe 9. The Edit, Preferences, General screen does not have an option to enable thumbnail previews.

:)

JoniR1, Sep 7, 2018
  2. StephenKlotz Win User

pdf preview in Windows 10 file explorer

thanks for suggestion. i tried both, but neither worked. even with using Edge as pdf reader, and resetting and restarting, pdf previews in explorer, regardless of which default pdf viewer used, resulted in very small window in preview pane.

StephenKlotz, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa Win User
    pdf preview in Windows 10 file explorer

Open Acrobat Reader. On the Edit menu, choose Preferences.

In the Preferences dialog box, choose General in the Categories list, and then select the Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer check box.

Enable PDF thumbnail previews

Click OK.

Wait for a few seconds while Acrobat is configured to show thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer.

Restart then check again.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't preview pdf in Windows 10 Explorer - Similar Threads - Can't preview pdf

2. PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane: After an automatic Windows 10 update on Nov-14-2018 under KB4465663 and KB4467702, WIndows 10 MS-File Explorer is very sluggish and unable to show and .pdf previews, in the preview pane. Any solutions?...
  3. how can i get the preview pane inWindows 10 Explorer to display .pdf files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i get the preview pane inWindows 10 Explorer to display .pdf files?: When I select a file in Windows 10 Explorer, most files will display a preview in the preview pane. However .pdf files apparently cannot be previewed. Is there a solution?...
  4. Windows 10 -- Preview pane not opening when trying to preview PDF files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 -- Preview pane not opening when trying to preview PDF files: Hi, The preview pane is working for all other programs except Adobe Acrobat Pro. When I click on a file, I receive the following error message: "An internal error occurred." Any suggestions?...
  5. File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf: Lately (I don't know how long, just noticed recently) Win 10 File Explorer won't show a preview of .docx or xlsx files. I have found a weird workaround: Open File Explorer, Highlight (click on) the file I want to preview. Nothing but a ding sound indicating a little window...
  6. Windows Explorer Preview Pane on External Monitor for PDF preview

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer Preview Pane on External Monitor for PDF preview: Hi I have a Surface book that has stopped displaying the PDF preview in explorer on my external monitor since the last Windows Update (Build 17134.112) in May 2018. This is really bothering me as I use it all the time and I even run workshops demonstrating the preview...
  7. How to restore PDF thumbnail previews in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore PDF thumbnail previews in Windows 10: Folks, I've found a great solution to a nagging issue. With Adobe Reader DC, the folks at Adobe made every thumbnail a plain pdf icon. They removed the preview where the pdf icon is replaced by the first page of the pdf file. Seeing the pdf content is much more helpful...
  8. file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane: can anyone help me in windows 7, I was able to to go into file explorer and would be able to see the document in the preview pane using PDF viewer Plus. Now I am unable to see anything. I cant seem to see any way to configure the file explorer to see any pdf files. Word files...
  9. Windows 10 explorer preview prevents PDF delete. Is this being fixed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 explorer preview prevents PDF delete. Is this being fixed?: I ran into the problem where I'm unable to delete a PDF in Explorer if it previews. This does not affect any other files. Is MS working on this? I understand this problem has been around since Win 8. (I went from Win 7 to Win10) This is really an absurd bug. 61281
  10. Internet Explorer and the Windows 10 Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer and the Windows 10 Technical Preview: Today, the Windows 10 Technical Preview was launched to give an early look at what’s next for Windows. Only available to install by joining the Windows Insider Program, the Technical Preview is also the best way to see the latest from Internet Explorer so join today. In this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant preview pdf with file explorer in windows 10