Windows 10: Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer

Discus and support Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot see some jpg and some png files in windows explorer running windows 10. However the preview works for some other jpg and png files in the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HeyKeys, Oct 17, 2021.

1. HeyKeys Win User

Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer

I cannot see some jpg and some png files in windows explorer running windows 10. However the preview works for some other jpg and png files in the same folder.I think the problem appeared after I installed one photo viewer from microsoft store.I have tried the two solutions of this thread without success rebuild the cache and make sure the view options are correct.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-preview-png-files-in-explorer/60dfc90d-b7ef-40fe-85b4-68351f8e936d

:)

HeyKeys, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Oct 17, 2021
  3. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer

How to Disable Preview Pane in File Explorer

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View Tab.
    • Click on Preview Pane to view\hide it.

Refer:

How to work with files and folders

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Sahil Bali, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer

1. Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer - Similar Threads - Cant preview png

2. File Explorer Column Type Stuck on PNG and JPG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Column Type Stuck on PNG and JPG: I tried to look for a specific photo on my downloads folder by using the type column and now I can't get rid of it as every time I click on downloads it shows pngs and jpgs first making me have to deselect it to see everything in that section. Is there a way to disable this...
  3. File Explorer Column Type Stuck on PNG and JPG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Column Type Stuck on PNG and JPG: I tried to look for a specific photo on my downloads folder by using the type column and now I can't get rid of it as every time I click on downloads it shows pngs and jpgs first making me have to deselect it to see everything in that section. Is there a way to disable this...
  4. Files on a usb drive including some .jpg and .png files causing File Explorer to freeze

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files on a usb drive including some .jpg and .png files causing File Explorer to freeze: I have several files on a usb drive including some .jpg and .png files, some of these .jpg and .png files are not loading when opening the usb in File Explorer and the program seems to attempt to load them but is unable to thus causing it to get stuck in loading, attempts to...
  5. Files on a usb drive including some .jpg and .png files causing File Explorer to freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files on a usb drive including some .jpg and .png files causing File Explorer to freeze: I have several files on a usb drive including some .jpg and .png files, some of these .jpg and .png files are not loading when opening the usb in File Explorer and the program seems to attempt to load them but is unable to thus causing it to get stuck in loading, attempts to...
  6. Files on a usb drive including some .jpg and .png files causing File Explorer to freeze

7. Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer

Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer: I cannot see some jpg and some png files in windows explorer running windows 10. However the preview works for some other jpg and png files in the same folder.I think the problem appeared after I installed one photo viewer from microsoft store.I have tried the two solutions...
  8. Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer

Cant preview some png and jpg files in windows explorer: I cannot see some jpg and some png files in windows explorer running windows 10. However the preview works for some other jpg and png files in the same folder.I think the problem appeared after I installed one photo viewer from microsoft store.I have tried the two solutions...
  9. Explorer window preview of PNG files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer window preview of PNG files: Anyone else experiencing lack of support for previews of files in windows 10? Tried all the online articles on how to resolve this and still no luck. submitted by /u/ChromeQuixote [link] [comments]...
  10. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 thumbnail png explorer details