Windows 10: Can't Print Asks me to save document

Discus and support Can't Print Asks me to save document in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I go to print, it is asking me to save the file. If I save the file and then try to open it to print it asks me the save question: save the file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamGauch, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Can't Print Asks me to save document

When I go to print, it is asking me to save the file. If I save the file and then try to open it to print it asks me the save question: save the file. I have had this system set up for years with no printer problems this just started to occur. My printer is an HP Officejet 6830

:)

WilliamGauch, Mar 5, 2020

2. print asks me to save to documents

hi, after installing windows 10 my epson rx 420 isnt being listed .in list of printers.

it will scan from scanner to computer so i would think it must recognize the printer,

but this is what happens when i got to print something it says says saved to documents, so i go to documents and there it is so i go print it then says file must be converted before opening.

so i convert it , but just seems to send me round in a loop.

why cant i just click print and it prints ?

also tried my printer on another computer and it works.

hope this makes sense

also epson say windows supports the printer

francis blair, Mar 5, 2020
  3. MY PRINTER WILL NOT PRINT A SAVED DOCUMENT

MY PRINTER WILL NOT PRINT A SAVED DOCUMENT. IT WILL PRINT A TEST PAGE OR A SCANNED DOCUMENT HOWEVER. IT WILL PRINT THE HEADER OR TITLE BUT NOT THE REST OF THE PAGE. I HAVE NEW INK AND HAVE DONE ALL THE MAINTENANCE. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

OT:

PAT

PATSTEFFEY, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Can't Print Asks me to save document

Unable to print Excel documents on Windows 10.

Hello Gifford,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to print Excel documents on the computer running Windows 10.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if you are able to print other system documents or webpages using the printer?
    • Did you check if the printer is visible under Devices and Printers?

You will be able to print documents and web pages from the Printer if the device is online or showing working status under
    Devices and Printers.

If haven’t tried, I suggest you to check if you are able to print documents other than Excel documents or webpages using the printer.

Also check if the printer is listed under Devices and Printers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Devices and Drivers and select the top most search result.
    • Under Printers, check if the printer you are trying to print from is listed.
    • If yes, print a test Excel document and check if the device works.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't Print Asks me to save document

1. Can't Print Asks me to save document - Similar Threads - Can't Print Asks

2. why can't i print a document it keeps saving a pdf and doesn't print.\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i print a document it keeps saving a pdf and doesn't print.\: why can't i print a document it keeps saving a pdf and doesn't print.\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-print-a-document-it-keeps-saving-a-pdf/c95b2d5c-9398-464a-b93c-c111434ff536
  3. why can't i print a document it keeps saving a pdf and doesn't print.\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i print a document it keeps saving a pdf and doesn't print.\: why can't i print a document it keeps saving a pdf and doesn't print.\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-print-a-document-it-keeps-saving-a-pdf/c95b2d5c-9398-464a-b93c-c111434ff536
  4. can't find saved documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't find saved documents: My computer is about 15 months old with Office Home and Student and was a warranty replacement. I was able to transfer data from the old to the new and this worked well until recently. Several weeks ago I transferred to Windows 11 - no problem. I have now found nearly all my...
  5. can't find saved documents

can't find saved documents: My computer is about 15 months old with Office Home and Student and was a warranty replacement. I was able to transfer data from the old to the new and this worked well until recently. Several weeks ago I transferred to Windows 11 - no problem. I have now found nearly all my...
  6. Saved Word document not showing on Print Preview or printing out

in Windows 10 News
    Saved Word document not showing on Print Preview or printing out: [ATTACH]While Word offers an excellent way to preview the document before it is printed, […] This article Saved Word document not showing on Print Preview or printing out first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Can't open or print saved documents or files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open or print saved documents or files: Ever since the recent Windows 10 Update, I can no longer open or print any documents or files at all. If I try to open or print it says I don't have an app to perform this . . ? I am at a loss. I have never not been able to open a document....
  8. Printing/not saving PDF documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing/not saving PDF documents: I don't know what changed on my computer, but I can no longer just print PDF documents. It makes me save them first. I can't figure out how to correct this. Help!...
  9. Can't save scanned documents

Can't save scanned documents: As with my previous post, when I scan a document with a Canon CanoScan 8800F and try to save it to an existing folder the screen/box pops up and says "Cannot save file. The location you want to save to is write protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk." I'm...
  10. Print command asks "save"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print command asks "save": This morning I clicked "print" in Word, Notepad or elseware the print window opens, I click print and instead of print it ,"Save Print Output As" opens with "Save as Type: Open XPS Document (*.oxps)" option only, & an error "Could not start print job" appears. With my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I CANT SAVE IT ASKS ME TO SAVE AS