Windows 10: Can't print from gmail after Windows 10 update but can from webpages, also MsOffice looks weird

Discus and support Can't print from gmail after Windows 10 update but can from webpages, also MsOffice looks weird in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the latest update I kept having issues printing from email. I originally thought I needed the patch to correct so I installed it but it did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichelleMattingly, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Can't print from gmail after Windows 10 update but can from webpages, also MsOffice looks weird

After the latest update I kept having issues printing from email. I originally thought I needed the patch to correct so I installed it but it did nothing. I can print from webpages just fine but can't print from gmail. Also my Microsoft Office stuff looks odd in the start menu now. I only mention this because I tried to send from gmail to yahoo acct to print but the whole screen goes grey & says word experienced an error or something like that.

Thanks for any help!!

:)

MichelleMattingly, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Print webpage from Windows Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

You can print any webpage easily to your printer, PDF file or XPS file in Microsoft Edge browser using below steps:

• Open webpage that you want to print in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on "More actions" link (This is link with three dots (...) at right side on address bar)
    • In "More actions" menu, Click on "Print" to open Print Settings dialog
    • In Print Settings dialog, select Printer that you want to use. Select "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" if you want to print to XPS document or select "Microsoft Print to PDF" if you want to print webpage to PDF file. You can also select any physical
      printer to print webpage to paper.
    • Select other print options like print orientation, pages that you want to print, scaling, margins and option to print page headers and footers.
    • Click on "Print" button in Print Settings dialog to start printing current webpage to your selected printer.
    • If you have selected Microsoft XPS or Print to PDF as Printer, Microsoft Edge will save generated XPS or PDF file to your Documents folder with current webpage title as file name.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    can not print from web page

Hello cyberorphan43,

This could be an issue when the Protected Mode is enabled for the Internet security zone of the web page. To better assist you, kindly provide us these details:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to print?
    • Have you tried to use another browser and check if the same issue occurs?

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Update your drivers to the latest version

Outdated printer drivers can cause problems when printing from Internet Explorer, try updating to the latest driver for your printer. To do so, we suggest that you go to your device manufacturer’s website and check for the
    latest drivers for your printer.

Method 2: Try printing a webpage running Internet Explorer as an Administrator

Try printing a web page when running Internet Explorer as an Administrator. This can help determine if there is a permissions issue. Check if you are currently logged on as an administrator, then follow these steps to start
    Internet Explorer as an administrator:

• Close all Internet Explorer windows.
    • Click Start, click All Programs, right-click Internet Explorer and select Run As Administrator.
    • Browse to a website and try test printing a page while running as the Administrator.

Method 3: Try printing after disabling Protected Mode

Try printing a webpage after disabling Protected Mode. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Tools icon in Internet Explorer and go to Internet Options.
    • Click the Security tab and uncheck the checkbox beside Enable Protected Mode (requires restarting Internet Explorer).
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.
    • Close all open Internet Explorer windows, and then restart Internet Explorer.
    • Browse to a website and try test printing a page while running as the Administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Basith M Win User

Can't print from gmail after Windows 10 update but can from webpages, also MsOffice looks weird

windows 10 print

Hi Joe,

I suggest you to try the following steps to print webpage from Internet Explorer 11 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/print-webpages#ie=ie-11

You may also try the following steps to print from Microsoft edge.

• Open webpage that you want to print in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on "More actions" link (This is link with three dots (...) at right side on address bar)
    • In "More actions" menu, Click on "Print" to open Print Settings dialog.
    • In Print Settings dialog, select Printer that you want to use. Select "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" if you want to print to XPS document or select "Microsoft Print to PDF" if you want to print webpage to PDF file. You can also select any physical printer
      to print webpage to paper.
    • Select other print options like print orientation, pages that you want to print, scaling, margins and option to print page headers and footers.
    • Click on "Print" button in Print Settings dialog to start printing current webpage to your selected printer.

If you have selected Microsoft XPS or Print to PDF as Printer, Microsoft Edge will save generated XPS or PDF file to your Documents folder with current webpage title as file name.

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Basith M, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't print from gmail after Windows 10 update but can from webpages, also MsOffice looks weird

1. Can't print from gmail after Windows 10 update but can from webpages, also MsOffice looks weird - Similar Threads - Can't print gmail

2. I can't print from gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't print from gmail: I can't print from gmail troubleshoot stated make Microsoft your default printer to pdf. I am using Epsom xp- 422 and have not had any problems before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-print-from-gmail/f6e0a59d-3877-4ad3-ba21-6a0124476f3d
  3. Can't print from Windows 10 Mail - can via Outlook.com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print from Windows 10 Mail - can via Outlook.com: I reinstalled the Mail app as there was a previous issue, but now I can't print emails from it. I can print other documents on my computer, including from the Edge browser? What can I do to fix this? Thanks....
  4. Print from Gmail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print from Gmail: My Windows 10 PC cannot print directly from gmail in Chrome. Didn't have this problem until recent updates. No problem from Edge or other browsers. I can print using Control-Shift-P, but not directly from gmail. Tried all the posted fixes so far including reinstalling...
  5. Upgrade from MSOffice 2019 to MSOffice 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Upgrade from MSOffice 2019 to MSOffice 365: I am currently using MSOffice 2019 on the latest version of Windows 10 without issue. I have an option via work to upgrade(?) to Office 365. Is this straightforward? Will Office 2019 be removed? Is there anything I need to do in advance to ensure a smooth upgrade? Also, I...
  6. Can't print anything from my printer after updating

Can't print anything from my printer after updating: I am not able to print anything from my printer and it is saying printer is offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-anything-from-my-printer-after-updating/e55d8fc0-e558-4a2e-ab52-f92a8adc97a1
  7. cant print from gmail

cant print from gmail: I had a reply from a microsoft rep called Nigel and have replied to hm but my reply has been returned to me saying it can't be delivered. Could he please contact me and give an address I can reply to him please. Many thanks...
  8. Can only print after printing from Microsoft Edge

Can only print after printing from Microsoft Edge: Hi all, My computer HP Compaq 15 Notebook has been having trouble with printing for a long time now and I am finally trying to get on and fix it. I am trying to print to a brother HL-2270DW printer. All of the other computers in my household have no issues printing from it,...
  9. Can't print from Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print from Windows 10 Mail: After Mail was updated earlier today, I can't print emails; the "Print" window comes up, and I click "Print". Nothing happens. I can print from LibreOffice, so I'm pretty sure the printer isn't the problem. I reset mail (in the process of running Windows app trouble shooter),...
  10. Printing Webpages

in Browsers and Email
    Printing Webpages: Sometimes I want to print a Webpage (to pdf). IE11 and print to pdf sometimes gives the result wanted. But often, parts of the Webpage are not printed while the conversion stops. Copying the Webpage in Word gives generally a mess. I am interested to hear whether people...