Windows 10: Can't print from my Edge browser

Discus and support Can't print from my Edge browser in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since my Dell XPS8910 desktop computer was recently updated to Version 1809 of Windows 10 x64, I decided to give the Edge browser another try. Frankly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by B.C.Specht, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Can't print from my Edge browser

Since my Dell XPS8910 desktop computer was recently updated to Version 1809 of Windows 10 x64, I decided to give the Edge browser another try. Frankly, Edge has always been glitchy at best but the most annoying thing is that sometimes it will print and sometimes (mostly) it won't. I really make an effort to keep all my drivers up to date. While using the Edge browser last night, I made an online purchase and wanted to print a copy of the receipt to my Canon Pixma iX 6520 inkjet printer (connected via a USB cable). It would not print no matter what I did. I was told that the printer was not responding. I cleared the printer cache, checked all the connections, tried turning the printer off and on again, tried repeatedly to print this 1 page document. Nothing I did would get Edge to print my document. I finally closed the Edge browser and opened Firefox. I tried some prints. The printer worked just fine. Why can't Microsoft get something this basic fixed?

:)

B.C.Specht, Jan 26, 2019

2. Print from microsoft edge

Hi Genio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let’s follow these steps and see if it fixes the issue:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print
    documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press Ctrl+P or
      More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Right click on the start button.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Select “Hardware and sound”.
    • Next select Devices and printers.
    • Right click on the device or printers which you need to troubleshoot and select
      troubleshoot and follow the onscreen instruction.

Hope this information helps. Reply with the status so that we could help you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 26, 2019
  3. PDF Printing Problem With Edge

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you better could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How did you try to print?
    • What happens when you try to print?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    Nevertheless, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open the PDF file which you want to print.
    • Click on the Ellipses which is at the top right hand corner of the Edge Browser.
    • Select Print option and then click ok.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Can't print from my Edge browser

Add printer icon to edge browser

Hello John,

Adding printer icon to Edge taskbar is currently not possible. However, you can just simply
    press Ctrl + P to open Print Preferences or follow the steps below:

• Open the file which you want to print.
    • In the upper right corner of your Microsoft Edge browser, click on the
      ellipses (...)
    • Select Print option to open Print Preferences.

We also recommend submitting your feedback and feature suggestions that will enhance the browsing experience for Microsoft Edge.

Just click ellipses (...) > select Send feedback > choose Open Feedback Hub option.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Can't print from my Edge browser

1. Can't print from my Edge browser - Similar Threads - Can't print Edge

2. How to print from the Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to print from the Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10: [ATTACH]It is rather simple to send a webpage link to someone for a print […] This article How to print from the Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Can't open my Microsoft edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open my Microsoft edge browser: Can't open my Microsoft edge browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-my-microsoft-edge-browser/3049888f-e835-4124-9843-a2280f3a4cd0
  4. Can't Print from Photos App or Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Print from Photos App or Microsoft Edge: I have a user who is unable to print from the Photos app or Microsoft Edge. They are able to print from any other application besides these two. I have tried reloading the printer/printer drivers, resetting the photos app, and installing the Windows 10 1803 to 1809 update...
  5. Printing from the EDGE Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing from the EDGE Browser: I cannot print documents, email files, etc. from the Edge Browser. When I switch to the Google Chrome and transfer my msn email account to Gmail account I Print with no problem. My printer is an HP ENVY 7640. I 've updated all my printer drivers to the latest. My printer...
  6. XPS printing from Edge browser does not print images to XPS

in Browsers and Email
    XPS printing from Edge browser does not print images to XPS: Hi all, hoping this is something you can assist with... I don't have a printer so I often print websites to XPS file - so that i can view them offline on my phone I use Microsoft Edge (on WIn10 64) to print websites like wikihow articles to XPS (using the built in XPS...
  7. Edge browser and print to pdf water mark

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser and print to pdf water mark: I was using print to pdf in edge browser. Printed pdf file has water mark even with cute pdf writer. Where as Same type printing in other browsers does not show water mark.How to avoid water mark in edge browser print to pdf. 67345
  8. Can't print .pdf from browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can't print .pdf from browser: Hi. I can't print any .pdf file directly from browser (edge or chrome). When I choose print, the only option I have is to save as pdf and then I have to open the saved pdf file and print it. Saved files are printed OK. Can you help me? Thanks. 43738
  9. Edge Browser - cannot print to pdf file

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser - cannot print to pdf file: I cannot use the Microsoft print to pdf feature on my Lenovo laptop from the Windows 10 Home Edge browser. The print screen shows a blank preview. Print to pdf does work on the laptop from any other app such as Word, OneNote, etc. I can print to pdf from Edge on my desktop...
  10. Unable to print from browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to print from browsers: I have a client who recently upgraded to Windows 10 and is now unable to print to any printers from any browser. When using the browser's print function it brings up the preview window, but just spins and never connects to any printer. She can, however, highlight the text,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant print from edge browser

2. i cant print from edge browser

3. cant print from edge

4. print from edge browser,
  5. cant print with edge browser,
  6. print from edge browser#,
  7. edge browser print window spins,
  8. cant print from edge browser no print preview,
  9. print direct from edge browser,
  10. cant print while in edge browser,
  11. cant print in edge browser 1809,