Windows 10: can't print from win 10 to printer attached to mac

Discus and support can't print from win 10 to printer attached to mac in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; printer attached to mac mini. have bonjour on pc with win 10. when i open the bonjour printer wizard it says "no bonjour printers are available. all 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 5string, Oct 2, 2015.

1. 5string Win User

can't print from win 10 to printer attached to mac

printer attached to mac mini. have bonjour on pc with win 10. when i open the bonjour printer wizard it says "no bonjour printers are available. all 3 are networked together on a home network (WORKGROUP) i can share files from the mac but can't print from the win 10 pc
    any help app

:)

5string, Oct 2, 2015
  2. DianeDbn Win User

Printing from email attachments and web pages Windows 10

Since installing Windows 10 I can't print attachments from emails or print from a web page, when I select print it takes me to a fax option, which I don't want.

Can anybody help? I have an HP8610 printer.

DianeDbn, Oct 2, 2015
  3. Nvisowolf Win User
    My Printer is not printing with Windows 10!

Having same problem. Will not print after win 10 upgrade. I have win 10 drivers updated driver even bought new printer but both hp and epson will not print from any regular program. Internet photoshop etc.. I have cleared spooler and run troubleshooter
    but it says it can't find problem. It will print from hp or epson app downloaded from Microsoft store. Also will print a test page from printers internal Web page from a browser. Any ideas will help.

Nvisowolf, Oct 2, 2015
  4. can't print from win 10 to printer attached to mac

Hi have you looked in Settings then Devices to see if it is there.
    Also is it in Program and feathers, if it is try uninstalling it and re installing it again
    Did it come with a disc and are all the latest drivers up to date.
    if wifi you will probably have to reavate it again

hTconeM9user, Oct 2, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    My solution is to have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 and an HP Laserjet M1212nf connected to my wireless Router by Ethernet cable then any computer I install the printer software on can use them. I have Win7, Win10, Mac OS X Yosemite and Linux Mint 17.2 printing to them, some wired and some wireless networking.

Berton, Oct 2, 2015
  6. Mine is wire free and everyone in the house can print from it from there smart phones, my 2 grand daughters love that they can look at something decide they want it and then just press print and then go and collect what they have printed when they want it, without me doing it for them.
    So did you get the problem sorted

hTconeM9user, Oct 2, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Forget Bonjour. You have to go to Mac OS Settings, Sharing and make sure that you enable Windows sharing (SMB). Then go to Settings, Printers and make sure the selected printer is shared with SMB as well. Make sure in Settings network that you have set the workgroup to the same one as in Windows (default is Workgroup but it can also be MSHOME). I cannot be more accurate as I don't have a Mac in front of me right now. After these go to Windows and search for a network printer. It should detect it but you will need Windows driver for that. It's a good idea to download and install the drivers before you search for the printer.

spapakons, Oct 2, 2015
  8. 5string Win User

many tks for replies guys
    spapakons -- i checked out all your sugg. windows sharing was enabled. the selected printer is shared with smb. workgroup is the same as the win workgroup (WORKGROUP). if i can only print from 1 machine, i'd rather it be the win 10 pc, so i have moved the printer from the mac to the win 10 pc. same issue as before - the mac and the xp pc will not print. the print jobs are going to the que but the printer does not come to life. as mentioned in an earlier post, i am able to share files between all three but can't print (except from the machine the printer is attached to) i'm all out of ideas, options, and things to try and don't really know where to go from here.
    again guys, tks for the suggestions.

5string, Oct 5, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    Then this is a user rights issue. In Windows 7 and later the default is sharing using a user account and password while in Windows XP the default is sharing as guest with no particular account. You have to setup Windows XP to share with an account and configure Mac to allow printing to that account. Right now I cannot give you more details, see the network properties of your LAN card and you'll find what to change

spapakons, Oct 5, 2015
  10. Have you tried all of them wifi if not see if that will work, set both printers and desktops, laptops to wifi and see if you can print now.

hTconeM9user, Oct 5, 2015
  11. spapakons Win User
    I had trouble installing some models in Windows XP when they were shared printers on another computer and not directly connected via USB to the XP computer. Usually the Windows application fails to detect the shared printer and I have to run the printer setup program. When asked for USB or network, I reply network and then the setup usually manages to find and configure the printer correctly. You can try that as well. That means remove the printer completely from the Printer and Faxes and uninstall the software. Restart and install the software again. Reply that this is a network printer when asked, then you might succeed.

spapakons, Oct 5, 2015
  12. Just had a thought as how I have set mine up wifi with windows 10.
    Everyone in the house has iphones, and ipads,
    Also my htc phone, and Samsung phone can print via wifi
    If anyone want to print anything all they do is press print, my HP Envy Printer shows up.
    Comes up do you want to use that they press YES and away the printer goes
    Tried it with cable did not work.
    We have 6 bed house Printer in my room at top of house.
    As been tested and even works from the back yard, and all because have set it up wifi.

hTconeM9user, Oct 5, 2015
  13. spapakons Win User

Newer Windows versions have improved and they detect and connect to a network printer much easier than XP. Unfortunately, half the times Windows XP do not even detect the shared printer and this can only be resolved if you run the setup program and allow it to find the printer. While in Windows 7 and newer you just search for a new printer and download the driver automatically from the host, in XP this is not always the case. You have to download the run the setup program for the specific printer.

spapakons, Oct 5, 2015
  14. 5string Win User
    xp pc crashed ( BSOD). new set up is:
    printer attached to win 10 pc which is on a WORKGROUP network with a mac and a win7 pc. the win7 and win10 pc's are sharing the same printer - the mac will have no part of it.
    it was suggested to me to share the printer with all the computers through the router. my router ( netgear B90-755044-15) DOES have a USB port but i'm not certain that's for printer sharing. i plugged the printer into this port but no luck. probably some internal config. settings i have to change. i haven't a clue. i'm all out of options - any help app,

5string, Oct 9, 2015
  15. spapakons Win User
    As I suggested in my previous reply, Windows XP have trouble discovering network printers. There is a 50% chance (or less) that adding a new network printer the wizard will detect it, but this is not always the case. The best method that works for me every time is not trying to add the printer from the Control Panel. Instead download the printer software from manufacturer (careful as some models have different software for USB and network) and run the software. When asked choose to install a network printer. The software will successfully detect the shared printer and install the rest components. This is also better because you make sure the driver takes full advantage of the printer's features while if you were installing a new network printer from Control Panel the driver found on the host computer might offer only basic functionality (printing without many quality options). The latter is especially true for old printers shared in new Windows versions. The driver for the newer Windows version of an old printer usually doesn't include all of the features of the original Windows XP driver. Hence if you install that driver through the network you can't expect activating all the features. I have seen that is some cases. So it is preferable to download and install the Windows XP driver and let it detect and connect to the shared printer.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. can't print from win 10 to printer attached to mac - Similar Threads - can't print printer

2. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  3. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  4. Printing from Mac to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing from Mac to Windows 10: I have tried both connecting from my Mac using Windows Sharing and LPD and have the same issues. The print jobs are sent to my Windows 10 print queue with a page count of 0 although I do show ie; 53925 bytes. The job will sit for a second then disappear without printing. The...
  5. Printing from a Mac to a printer on a Windows 10 PC

Printing from a Mac to a printer on a Windows 10 PC: Hey, We've got a Zebra GK420t thermal printer at work - they don't produce a Mac driver, and the workaround is terrible print resolution is dire, and is a known issue, so I've set up a Windows 10 PC to run as a print server. Unfortunately, the printer still seems to be...
  6. Can't Print to printer

Can't Print to printer: All of a sudden I can no longer print to my printer from my laptops Two of them. I had no problem about a week or so ago. My daughter can plug in with her MAC PC and can print fine. I've removed the printer and reinstalled it, turned everything off/re-booted it printer,...
  7. Printing from a Mac to a Window 10 and a networked printer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Printing from a Mac to a Window 10 and a networked printer.: I have been trying to print from my Mac to my wife's Windows machine on and off for about 6 months and with no luck. Hard to believe in 2020 that this would still be an issue that these guys couldn't work out but so it goes. Initially I tried this from my Mini running last...
  8. printer won't print attachments in color

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer won't print attachments in color: when I save a document that is in color to my desktop and later want to print it, it only prints in black and white. if I put a color document on my scanner, it will print color. how can I fix this?...
  9. Can't stop printer from printing

Can't stop printer from printing: This is a question re my Vista desktop, but I'm sure someone here will have an answer. I just installed new cartridges in my Epson NX400 printer. Then to print a test page, I printed what was on the screen. Unfortunately what was on the screen was about a 300 page journal,...
  10. Can't print from Windows using printer wired to Mac on same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't print from Windows using printer wired to Mac on same network: Windows 10 PC has Bonjour installed. I try to print, no error message appears but nor does printout. 70623