Windows 10: Can't print in color

Discus and support Can't print in color in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All of the sudden I cannot print in color. I haven't changed anything. HP Officejet 4650. MS troubleshooter says everything is OK. HP troubleshooter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SoCal92672, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Can't print in color

All of the sudden I cannot print in color. I haven't changed anything. HP Officejet 4650. MS troubleshooter says everything is OK. HP troubleshooter says everything OK. Ink levels OK. Uninstalled and Reinstalled OK. Now what?

:)

SoCal92672, Apr 26, 2019

2. Color printing

Although printer states it's printing in color, and it shows up in print preview, pages are only printed in black and white. This started with Windows 10. It was working fine prior to that. Any suggestions?

MaggieCarulo, Apr 26, 2019
  3. ErnestoAcosta Labrada, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Can't print in color

access color printing options for printer

Hello Frank,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the images printed in Windows are in black and white format.

To be able to assist you better, let us know if you are able to print documents in other formats in color format.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to open the Print dialog box in Windows to access the settings for color profiles used in printer.

• Use the keyboard shortcuts Windows Logo + R to open the Run Command Dialog box
    • Type in the command: shellCan't print in color :printersFolder
    • Right-clicking on the printer and open the printer preferences, where you can choose options such as paper size and layout.

• Select Print color which gives you options for Color or black-and-white (grayscale) prints.

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Can't print in color

1. Can't print in color - Similar Threads - Can't print color

2. No color printing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No color printing.: After installing new computer Windows 11, HP4650 printer will only print in b&w.No choice for color or b&w in excel before printing.Pictures from email in b&w even though color was selected.Printer worked fine before new computer.FYI - printing from Laptop does just...
  3. color printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    color printing: help how do I get my new epson printer to print in color in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-printing/bf87e45c-33b1-4547-a6c1-d876bea0898f
  4. Printing color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing color: I am running Win 11 Home Edition and have a HP Color Laserjet MFP M283fdw printer. The printer will not print color and when talking to HP Tech Support they tell me it's a Windows problem. Wondering if anyone might have a similar issue?...
  5. Print in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print in color: my laptops will not send color to the printer. I ran all troubleshooting I know of, but no change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-in-color/9058b132-6b7f-4d7b-be36-26dc9219c8ca
  6. Color Printing

Color Printing: I have Windows 10 OS. I'm trying to print in color to my HP Officejet 3830. However, when I go to "File" & "Print" in the Word document, I'm not finding any options under Settings to choose "print in color." I've looked under "Printer Properties," "Page Set Up," "Advanced,...
  7. Color Printing

Color Printing: Windows 10. All of a sudden nothing will print in color. wireless HP3830 all in one printer. Ink levels and alignment good and test page in color ok. Can print color from phone....
  8. print in color

print in color: my printer HP7855 … I have a doc in Word that is typed in color... when I go to print.. no options to print color???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/print-in-color/6134c28d-2b8c-4287-b34f-dd7c9ffef44a
  9. No color print

No color print: I currently have an HP Officejet 4650 printer on a local home network. I am running Windows 10 O/S. From my HP desktop I cannot print any color docs, Excel Spreadsheets or photos. These items print but only in black and white. Other family members, on the same network, can...
  10. Printing in Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing in Color: ASUS Laptop Lexmark X5650 Printer Windows 10 64 bit I go thru so much black ink printing music that I accumulate too many unused color cartridges. How do I set the default to color or have the choice of color or black and white?...