Windows 10: Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

Discus and support Can't print in colour to any printer from any app in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Weird issue, I cannot print in colour at all any more. I have tried different printers and printing from different apps, all with the same result, i.e.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imacken, Jan 13, 2019.

1. imacken Win User

Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

Weird issue, I cannot print in colour at all any more.
    I have tried different printers and printing from different apps, all with the same result, i.e. colour prints in grayscale.
    I have looked at 'manage your device', 'printer properties' and 'printing preferences' and cannot see what the problem is.
    It must be something obvious!
    Any help appreciated. (I'm on HP Instant Ink, and every time I test, it goes against my monthly allowance!)

:)

imacken, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Melvis Win User

Does this printer print colour?

Hi guys just wanted to double check if this canon printer prints colour that I just got for free. Cheers.

Melvis, Jan 13, 2019
  3. My printer ( Dell p513w) will not print in colour

Hi, Thanks for your help, your instructions were clear and concise.

I ran through it all and did as you suggested and while this has greatly improved the overall print quality and the printer now correctly reads ink levels, I still cannot print in colour.

Have you any further suggestions ?

LeeRobinson1, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

Printer not printing colour

When I print from Windows 10 Mail and from Office Excel only prints black and white. In the case of Mail this happens even if I check print colour on print drop down menu. I have an HP Envy 5544 wifi printer which has updated driver and prints colour OK
    on test page. I have failed to find any obvious settings that apply. Advice please

Mike.Hussey3, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

1. Can't print in colour to any printer from any app - Similar Threads - Can't print colour

2. Printer no printing in colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer no printing in colour: I have upgraded to windows 11 my printer will not print colour. When I go into printer properties in the feature box colour is no and double sided is no also. there is no place to change these. I have uninstalled and reinstalled no difference. What do I do?...
  3. Printer no printing in colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer no printing in colour: I have upgraded to windows 11 my printer will not print colour. When I go into printer properties in the feature box colour is no and double sided is no also. there is no place to change these. I have uninstalled and reinstalled no difference. What do I do?...
  4. Printing JPEG from any computer to any printer in our office issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing JPEG from any computer to any printer in our office issue: When we are printing a JPEG Image from any network computer to any network printer in the office it does not print the center of the image. Does the same to each image on a contact sheet as well. [IMG] [IMG]...
  5. Can't print on any printer

Can't print on any printer: I have a Windows 10 machine (Dell optiplex 9010) Windows 10 Pro V 1903 OS build 18362.535 I am trying to print over USB to - Xerox Phaser 6500N - HP Laserjet M15a Windows will accept a print job and the printer does nothing. For the Xerox, it sits in the queue....
  6. printer no longer prints from websites, emails or any app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    printer no longer prints from websites, emails or any app: please help, this just happened after a few failed updates, enclosing screenshot...when I click on print it opens up "this pc/documents and ask to save as printer file .prn and printer dialogue window closes, this is very bad as printer status is ready and all is well with...
  7. HP Printer not printing in colour

HP Printer not printing in colour: I have recently updated Windows on a couple of laptop at home and now I've lost the ability to print in colour. I have tried to re-install the software and drivers however still no luck any help would be greatly appreciated. Mat...
  8. Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

Can't print in colour to any printer from any app: Weird issue, I cannot print in colour at all any more. I have tried different printers and printing from different apps, all with the same result, i.e. colour prints in grayscale. I have looked at 'manage your device', 'printer properties' and 'printing preferences' and...
  9. Unable to print to any printer or on any network

Unable to print to any printer or on any network: Was printing fine one day on a Dell laptop that is about 4 years old, and then the next day it just stopped printing. When printing from a Microsoft program (Word, Excel, etc.) I get a message like "Word can print due to a problem with the printer setup." When I print from...
  10. Can't print from any app in Windows 10.

Can't print from any app in Windows 10.: Can't print from any app in Windows 10. Anyone else having the same problem? Printing from Edge, Google, etc. just spins around and Microsoft Word or any pdf just freezes and eventually says "not responding" Printers are HP LaserJet Pro P1102 and HP 7250. The download and...