Windows 10: Can't print mixed paper size pdfs from Brother printer MFC-L5700DW

Discus and support Can't print mixed paper size pdfs from Brother printer MFC-L5700DW in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Brother printer MFC-L5700DW that is a little over a year old. I purchased an optional 2nd tray because I print pdf files with mixed paper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Karencats, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Karencats Win User

Can't print mixed paper size pdfs from Brother printer MFC-L5700DW

I have a Brother printer MFC-L5700DW that is a little over a year old. I purchased an optional 2nd tray because I print pdf files with mixed paper sizes. It has worked perfectly for over a year until about 2 weeks ago. I didn't change any settings but all legal documents are shrinking to fit and printing on letter paper even though I do not have that checked off in the print properties.

I know there was an issue with adobe reader but I tried their fixes, which didn't work. Then I uninstalled it and reinstalled with the fixes they wrote in. Still didn't work.

I noticed that the Printer name in the device manager is Microsoft IPP Class Driver instead of a Brother Driver. I read that this driver was causing printing issues on Brother printers. So I uninstalled my print drivers and reinstalled the full print driver package from the Brother website. Still shows up as Microsoft IPP Class Driver and still doesn't work.

In the properties it shows Tray 1 as legal and tray 2 as letter correctly and that is how it is set on the printer.

when I go to print in adobe, I have Choose Paper Source by pdf size checked off and Actual Size selected. I have it set to automatically select the tray but when I select Advanced on the Properties when I am printing it shows the Microsoft IPP Class Driver and Paper/Output - Paper size shows only Letter. Scaling is set to NONE.

Question #1 - How do I get rid of the Microsoft IPP Class Driver and have the Brother Driver and all it's related functions replace it?

Question #2 - How do I get my printer to print mixed size pdfs again? I have done all the tips and tricks and uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I even got rid of Adobe and installed Foxit Reader and it still happened. It is not just the Adobe issue.

I am a Notary Signing agent and print 2-3 packages a day. Having to print the letter size first and then write down the page numbers of the legal sized pages and then print them and then put it all together in order - well - I can't begin to tell you how frustrating that is as well as a waste of time I do not have.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

:)

Karencats, Feb 27, 2021
  2. lalillie Win User

Printer's default paper size ignored

I often print to PDFs. My PDF printers are set to a default paper size of Legal. But when I print the size is Letter and I have to change it each time. This used to work. I'm not sure when it changed.
    • Windows Setting Manage Default Printer is not checked
    • Doesn't matter which printer I use - PDFCreator, Bullzip PDF, Adobe PDF
    • Windows 10 build 1803
    • Happens when printing from many apps - Microsoft Office, LibreOffice, Email
    • Works properly when printing from other apps - Notepad, Notepad++, browsers
    • Happens on multiple computers - desktop and laptop
    Any tips on how to get the printer default paper size to work?

lalillie, Feb 27, 2021
  3. jacobacci Win User
    Brother MFC J6720DW listed with strange icon in Devices and Printers

I have reinstalled the drivers for my Brother MFC J6720DW and now the printer icon is listed in the unspecified category instead of the printer category. The printer is the "Device" icon to the right.

Can't print mixed paper size pdfs from Brother printer MFC-L5700DW [​IMG]

Right clicking on the icon shows the usual items for a printer (printing properties etc.), In addition it shows a "Browse Files" entry that lists the card reader of the printer.

To the left of the Brother printer icon there is another similar one that seems to be my USB card reader

jacobacci, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Can't print mixed paper size pdfs from Brother printer MFC-L5700DW

Brother printer MFC-J6730DW

Hi John

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Could you first try printing the document as a PDF then try printing from the PDF to the A3 paper in the printer?

Also...

Press Windows key + R

Type: control printers

Right click your Brother printer

Click Printing Preferences

Choose the following options under Basic tab:

Paper Size: From the drop-down box, choose the Paper Size you are using.

Orientation: Choose the position of how your document will be printed (Portrait or Landscape).

Click OK

Restart then try printing again.

Andre for Directly, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Can't print mixed paper size pdfs from Brother printer MFC-L5700DW

1. Can't print mixed paper size pdfs from Brother printer MFC-L5700DW - Similar Threads - Can't print mixed

2. Printing Adobe PDF with Mixed Paper Sizes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing Adobe PDF with Mixed Paper Sizes: Hello - I've not used microsoft in a long time but needed a new computer and dual tray printer for invoicing and repair orders letter and legal size paper. Microsoft 10 and edge is confusing me. I've been reading to much time rather than plug and play and learned Adobe...
  3. Printing a paper to my Brother printer using windows prints portrait on a landscape paper

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing a paper to my Brother printer using windows prints portrait on a landscape paper: Windows cant seem to get printing right on my laptop Linux works perfectly fine BTW so not hardware and not printer Whenever I try to print a document in portrait orientation using windows, it prints out sideways as if the printer is printing to a portrait fed system,...
  4. Brother Printer MFC-J220

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother Printer MFC-J220: Brother Printer MFC-J220 still not working and now am getting messages that there's an error in Windows. I was following on from another Brother printer help. Why can't Microsoft send the update to correct this problem. In a way I'm glad I'm not on my own but come on...
  5. Brother MFC-465CN printer is not printing since updates

Brother MFC-465CN printer is not printing since updates: Hopefully, someone will be able to help me. Ever since the 6/2020 Microsoft updates, I have not been able to print from my computer. I have Windows 10 version 1909. I can scan and copy just fine, but cannot print anything. My Brother printer MFC-465CN is not listed in the...
  6. brothers MFC-J415W printer won't print

brothers MFC-J415W printer won't print: My Brothers MFC-J415W says that it's printing my test page/document but then it disappears from the Que with nothing printed. My husband can print remotely from his computer. My laptop printed fine a week ago!...
  7. Brother MFC-490CW printer not printing from PC

Brother MFC-490CW printer not printing from PC: We were on the phone with Brother Customer Service for over 2 hours and did all their recommended processes including reinstall the printer and drivers but we still cannot print. I can function selections like copying from the face of the printer but when I send a document...
  8. Brother MFC-465CN Printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother MFC-465CN Printer: Hi there, since 2 days ago when Microsoft 365 was updated, I can no longer print but I can still scan. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-465cn-printer/c38e4789-4843-4cac-9aae-42560fce4134
  9. Brothers MFC-885CW printer

Brothers MFC-885CW printer: I try reconnecting to WIFI with no luck. I tried all trouble shooting methods, to no avail. When I do port configuration it gives me a message that an error occurred during port configuration. Any help would be much appreciated....
  10. brother mfc-8910dw "out of paper" error when printing from pdf

brother mfc-8910dw "out of paper" error when printing from pdf: This is, let me start by saying, that this a fine printer that has worked for me for years. Recently, however, it has been behaving strangely when printing pdfs either from adobe or within Firefox, for example. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the printer since...