Windows 10: Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network

Discus and support Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have 2 Sharp business networked printer/copiers. I suspect that Windows upgrade 1903 has caused all our Windows laptops to quit being able to print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Susan Sisk, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network

We have 2 Sharp business networked printer/copiers. I suspect that Windows upgrade 1903 has caused all our Windows laptops to quit being able to print over WiFi. Several Mac OS laptops are able to print fine. Laptops that once could print over WiFi no longer can. After reading some, it appears that 1903 is my issue. Are there any settings I should look at before backing out of 1903?

:)

Susan Sisk, Aug 29, 2019

2. Basic print server

looks promising, and easy to configure.

Now as you know wifi devices can be versatile (signal loss, security breach to your home network if improperly secured), this should be taken in account.

plus as a reviewers said, adding a tcp/ip printing port within xp/vista is simple, in case you MP830 is not in the white list of this device.

blobster21, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Aug 29, 2019
  4. kgreene Win User

Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network

vista printing

ok I just got done setting up my new network and i have a laptop with windows vista on it and a sever with windows sever 2003 on it. I have two printers hooked up to my sever a HP Laser Jet 6L and a HP Photosmart C3180 all in one printer when i try to print from my laptop its very slow sometimes office 2007 fezzes when i print from my gameing rig (which is xp home btw) every thing that i print from it is fast. any suggestions?

kgreene, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network

1. Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network - Similar Threads - Can't print WiFi

2. Wifi printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi printing: Have a new HP printer and new HP laptop. How do i send data to printer over wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-printing/2dfab5b3-5f87-4096-8f91-96bef6640046
  3. Wifi printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi printing: Have a new HP printer and new HP laptop. How do i send data to printer over wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-printing/2dfab5b3-5f87-4096-8f91-96bef6640046
  4. Wifi printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi printing: Running Win 10 pro on a lenovo T-430. I keep getting a printer error for wireless printing only and cant print from phone. Removed and reloaded drivers etc for BrotherMFC-J430W printer. Worked fine yesterday am...
  5. print direct to printer not available over a network

print direct to printer not available over a network: My old Epson dot printer when connected locally has horizontal white lines if the spooler is engaged. When I set it to print directly to printer it works perfectly. Now I want to connect it to a home network and when I do it prints to spooler and the white lines are back....
  6. Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.: Hello, I have some laptops and computers in my office. Suddenly out of the blue today, network sharing has stopped working on WiFi devices but is working fine on wired devices. Why is this happening? I didn't change any setting. I tried restarting the router and laptops...
  7. Cannot Print over Wifi in Windows 10

Cannot Print over Wifi in Windows 10: I have run into this problem with more than one laptop. I have an ASUS gaming laptop and a Xerox ColorQube at home. Over the WiFi, my laptop can see our printer. Heck, I can even print to it with no problems IF I am hardwired into our network. But if I try to print over the...
  8. Can't print using Network

Can't print using Network: Hi! I have Sercomm Vox 25, I plugged the printer to it using USB port. I set it and everything seems OK, but when I print it nothing happens. VOX25VOX25 (vodafone) 100524
  9. network print nothing prints

network print nothing prints: I have network printer. I wanted to print documents from command prompt so I gave command net use LPT1 \\<machine>\<printer share> /yes to link up network printer with LPT1 then using print command print /d:LPT1 document.txt the printer pulls a paper, but it...
  10. Can't print from Windows using printer wired to Mac on same network

Can't print from Windows using printer wired to Mac on same network: Windows 10 PC has Bonjour installed. I try to print, no error message appears but nor does printout. 70623