Windows 10: can't print "specified driver is invalid" error when i try doing a test print (solution did...

Discus and support can't print "specified driver is invalid" error when i try doing a test print (solution did... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my os is windows 10 x64 1903 18362.295 wanted to print something today and discovered it doesn't work.... only solution i could find was deleting a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RGB9, Aug 29, 2019.

1. RGB9 Win User

can't print "specified driver is invalid" error when i try doing a test print (solution did...

my os is windows 10 x64 1903 18362.295

wanted to print something today and discovered it doesn't work....

only solution i could find was deleting a registry key under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print

"PostSPUpgrade"

however upon checking, i do not have this key.

i uninstalled and reinstalled my printer drivers and rebooted, no change, still can't print, had to print from another machine which was still on 1709.

any other solutions??

:)

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 29, 2019
  3. RT_33 Win User
    Not able to print

I am not able to print with WordPad or NotePad. In NotePad I get the error "The specified driver is invalid."

I do not have a cord to connect my printer, however, I am not able to print to OneNote either. I get the error, "Windows can't print due to an error with the printer setup."

RT_33, Aug 29, 2019
  4. can't print "specified driver is invalid" error when i try doing a test print (solution did...

Can't print after downloading update

Thanks for the suggestions but I am a novice and won't be able to do this myself. My neighbor helped get Epson software from internet and installed it but still got the message "The specified driver is invalid" when we tried to do the test print. In the
    control panel I could only find an Epson fax driver, no printer driver, so didn't want to uninstall the entire Epson print software before being able to locate the print driver. The "specified driver is invalid" message comes up when we try to print to either
    the Epson printer(artisan 837) or Cannon Pixma MG 5400 Printer. We also tried to hard wire the computer to the Epson printer and install software from internet and still got same "specified driver is invalid" . I do have software discs for both printers
    and have tried to reinstall the Epson software from the disc and still getting same message as above. I am at wits end, and convinced the Windows 10 upgrade caused all the problems. The Microsoft store said I need to give them the computer for 3 days so they
    can run a repair to the operating system, and have the possibility of losing everything if they get it back to the factory setting, so I've backed up everything and the next step is to go back to the Microsoft store and hand over my computer.

DebbyTeitsman, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

can't print "specified driver is invalid" error when i try doing a test print (solution did...

1. can't print "specified driver is invalid" error when i try doing a test print (solution did... - Similar Threads - can't print specified

2. I get an error 0x80240154 when I try to print a file, an email when I try to print a file...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I get an error 0x80240154 when I try to print a file, an email when I try to print a file...: Hi, Today all of sudden, I experience a problem in printing a file or an web email saying "my printer is experiencing an unexpected configuration problem Error 0x80240154" for all available printers in my HP PC. I am using Windows 10 home 2004 build 19041.508. How to...
  3. Error when trying to print

Error when trying to print: when i select the printing preference on my epson surecolor s30600, i get an error message, you cannot print with this driver ? i have downloaded latest drivers, tried reinstall, but always get this message when i try to print ? ***Modified title from:epson surecolor...
  4. When I print I get "Error-Printing" Help!

When I print I get "Error-Printing" Help!: I recently set up a new Canon printer. It has been working fine for the last several weeks. This morning I went to print so I turned on the printer and then sent my PDF file to the printer. I then sent an Excel file to the printer. Neither printed and both returned the...
  5. error message when trying to print

error message when trying to print: Hello, Yesterday morning, I printed a document on my Canon 5751 totally all right. When I went to print another document in the afternoon, so o switching off inbetween, I got the error message 0x8007007e, whether printing onto cutepdf or the printer. Nothing works. Can...
  6. Error when trying print a picture

Error when trying print a picture: I want to print a set of pictures I have saved. I cant do this. I have tried printing individually and all together but I keep getting an error. I have tried uninstalling the printer from my computer and reinstalling it wont work. I have set the printer to default...
  7. Brand new printer won't print: Specified driver is invalid

Brand new printer won't print: Specified driver is invalid: Just bought a brand new printer, an Epson WF-2860. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software numerous times, have made sure everything's all up to date, and I still cannot print anything from my computer Windows 10 64-bit including a test page. The message that I get is...
  8. The specified driver is invalid error when trying to print in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The specified driver is invalid error when trying to print in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The connection between your Windows 10 PC and printer is established via a printer driver. On most occasions, everything works well and looks good but sometimes the printer fails to respond and returns error message 0x000007d1 – The specified driver [...]...
  9. I receive an error when try to print

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I receive an error when try to print: The error message is nsufficient memory or disc space. Word cannot display the requested font. I cannot print out my documents. Who can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-receive-an-error-when-try-to-print/6a01d3ad-0973-4b53-996a-423c29250be3
  10. Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print

Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print: I have just installed a brand new Epson printer, but when I try to print I get a message "Specified driver invalid". I got this message with the old printer and thinking the printer was the problem I bought a new one. Note this only happened after I did a reboot. My computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the specified driver is invalid error

2. canon printer the specified driver is invalid

3. the specified driver is invalid print test page

4. print driver invalid,
  5. canon printer error the driver is invalid,
  6. specified driver is invalid error message,
  7. unable to print the specified driver is invalid fix,
  8. epson 3520 specified driver is invalid windows 10,
  9. the specified driver is invalid windows 10,
  10. test print failed to print the specified driver is invalid,
  11. error: 0x000007b1 the specified driver is invalid,