Windows 10: Can't print to pdf or OneNote post Win10 1803 upgrade

Discus and support Can't print to pdf or OneNote post Win10 1803 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a desktop that was working and printing fine until it received the Windows 10 1803 update. I lost all printing functionality after the update. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdD954, Sep 21, 2018.

1. EdD954 Win User

Can't print to pdf or OneNote post Win10 1803 upgrade

I have a desktop that was working and printing fine until it received the Windows 10 1803 update. I lost all printing functionality after the update. I saw other posts in the forum from others having the same issue. I was waiting to see if anyone was able to successfully get this resolved so as to not reinvent the wheel in troubleshooting but haven't seen any yet other than completely wiping and doing a new install, which is the nuclear option that I'm not prepared to take yet.

I used the Windows Media Tool to run the 1803 install again, and after doing that I can print to my physical HP printer now, however virtual printing is still not working (MS Print to PDF, Send To OneNote, CutePDF, XPS Document Writer, etc)

MS Print to PDF and XPS Document Writer are creating files that are showing as 0 KB in size.

Send to OneNote is not doing anything when I try to print. No errors reported or logged anywhere. Same with CutePDF.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling MS Print to PDF and XDS Document Writer under Program Features On/Off. No luck.

I've tried running Office 2016 repair for OneNote. No luck there either. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling CutePDF.

I did notice that in Device Manager under Print Queues that the only queue listed is the Root Print Queue.

Can't print to pdf or OneNote post Win10 1803 upgrade 9066bd0b-7d35-43d2-b21b-d8013fdc8bf4?upload=true.jpg

On my laptop, which is printing fine all of the virtual printers are listed there:

Can't print to pdf or OneNote post Win10 1803 upgrade aa09fa0f-54ef-45c7-9725-4194298139d4?upload=true.jpg

So I assume my desktop issue is with the print queues. Has anyone gotten this resolved yet without completely doing a fresh install? How did you get your print queues restored?

Thanks

:)

EdD954, Sep 21, 2018
  2. BTA80 Win User

OneNote not printing PDFs in color

I never changed any of my settings and now, all of a sudden, when I print a pdf to OneNote nothing appears in color. I tried publishing a webpage and that prints in color but none of my pdfs will. Anyone that can offer a suggestion of how this happened
    and how I can fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BTA80, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF mixes up JPGs.

Hi Anita,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you select small bunch of images and try to print?
    • Is the issue specific to the Microsoft Print to PDF?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Create a new folder and copy the images you want in PDF.
    • Sort the images as you want. (It always copies as per the sorted time/date)
    • Set the images in Order/Sequence as you want it to be set in PDF.
    • Select all and Print it to PDF.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Can't print to pdf or OneNote post Win10 1803 upgrade

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Can't print to pdf or OneNote post Win10 1803 upgrade

1. Can't print to pdf or OneNote post Win10 1803 upgrade - Similar Threads - Can't print pdf

2. Cannot print a pdf to onenote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot print a pdf to onenote: so 3 days ago it was perfectly fine and I was able to print a pdf document to onenote but yesterday I tried doing it and it doesn't work. This is what shows up. I have tried it on multiple devices but still have the same issue. https://imgur.com/a/eJCtBwVIt also says spooling...
  3. Cannot print a pdf to onenote

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot print a pdf to onenote: so 3 days ago it was perfectly fine and I was able to print a pdf document to onenote but yesterday I tried doing it and it doesn't work. This is what shows up. I have tried it on multiple devices but still have the same issue. https://imgur.com/a/eJCtBwVIt also says spooling...
  4. Cannot print a pdf to onenote

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10: Trying once again to get rid of the HomeGroup on my Win10 Home, 21H1, build 19043.1586 that always comes up as the 1st login option. Must be a hangover from a Win 7 upgrade that I've been putting up with ever since.Every post I've found on this apparently deals with pre-1803...
  6. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10: Trying once again to get rid of the HomeGroup on my Win10 Home, 21H1, build 19043.1586 that always comes up as the 1st login option. Must be a hangover from a Win 7 upgrade that I've been putting up with ever since.Every post I've found on this apparently deals with pre-1803...
  7. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Trying to print from OneNote to PDF.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to print from OneNote to PDF.: First of all thank you guys for your support. I'm trying to print from OneNote and it keeps throwing me an error 0x80070070E. I've tried it already:...
  9. OneNote Print-to-pdf is constantly dodgy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneNote Print-to-pdf is constantly dodgy: I'm having constant issues with printing to pdf from OneNote. I print to pfd and then when viewing the copy Mircrosoft pulls up a page that either says "nothing to see here" or "error". I restart the computer once or twice and also try to keep printing to pdf one to six...
  10. Print to PDF from OneNote

Print to PDF from OneNote: I have taken notes in the Windows OneNote app and it is a fairly long page. I go to print, print to pdf, and it goes through the process of doing this, however, when I try to open the saved pdf it will not open and I get an error. The error says "somethings keeping this pdf...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant print pdf to onenote

2. cant print onenote pdf

3. print to PDF in OneNote for Windows 10

4. print to pdf not working for onenote,
  5. print to onenote crashes,
  6. print onenote pdf nothing to see here,
  7. cant print a pdf from onenote,
  8. why cant i print pdf from onenote,
  9. onenote print to pdf not working,
  10. one note can not print pdf,
  11. cannot print OneNote Windows 10,