Windows 10: Can't Print to WiFi Connected Printer

Discus and support Can't Print to WiFi Connected Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop has been able to print to my Canon TS8100 printer for ages. However, now it refuses, and says it's offline, which it isn't. When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Praetorious, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Can't Print to WiFi Connected Printer

My laptop has been able to print to my Canon TS8100 printer for ages. However, now it refuses, and says it's offline, which it isn't.

When I try to print, I get the standard "Printer is offline" box displayed. I am on the same WiFi network as the printer.

I've rebooted my laptop, unplugged the printer, and plugged it in again - no change.

My wife can print from her laptop same make as mine Acer Aspire 3 in another room in the flat, and I've printed from my Samsung smartphone.

The I went to Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners and selected my printer, then "Run the troubleshooter".

This then displayed "Turn on the printer" It was, of course, turned on already having just printed a document from my wife's laptop.

Why did my laptop think the printer was turned off?

I saw a good demo on YouTube which made a few additional suggestions, like going to Services > Print Spooler, stopping this and then restarting it. Made no difference.

I've reinstalled the latest driver from the Canon website.

An update to Windows was installed last night if that's got anything to do with it. It was:

"2021-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 KB4586876"

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Mike

:)

Praetorious, Jan 14, 2021
  2. fafa21 Win User

sharing a printer through wifi connection

I'm trying to share a printer (canon mp730) through a wifi network. My computer (windows vista) is connected to the printer directly. The other computer is windows xp.

When I'm working on the xp machine and press "print", it opens a dialog box and form there I select "find printer". When I click on that, it shows me the printer connected to the Vista machine select print, I get a warning message saying "you are about to install a printer driver on your machine...blah blah". I click "yes" on that and then get a message saying that the server for the printer does not have the correct printer driver installed. What to do? It seems like I've got the latest driver for the mp730 installed on both machines.

fafa21, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Printer will not connect to wifi network.

The printer was working fine until one day a WiFi Thermostat was installed. Since that day, if I attempt to get the printer to connect, it

disconnects the computer's WiFi and the printer connects and prints with the apps. If I re-enable the computer WiFi, the printer goes offline.

On the Internet Access popup (from the task bar), the printer is listed with the word "Open" and a warning about "People might be able to see data sent over this network".

It seems like a setup error but none of the troubleshooters are any help and neither is the printer setup options. Can you offer any suggestions?

regards,

andrew

OneAndrew9, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Jan123 Win User

Can't Print to WiFi Connected Printer

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Can't Print to WiFi Connected Printer

1. Can't Print to WiFi Connected Printer - Similar Threads - Can't Print WiFi

2. User can't connect printer from print server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    User can't connect printer from print server: Good day,I have a weird Issue: all users and clients mentioned in this question are in the same OUs, so there are no GPO differences, and said user is not an exception in the GPO- specific AD user can't connect any printer from our print server "this app is blocked by your...
  3. printer wifi connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    printer wifi connectivity: I have a hp deskjet 3752 and for some reason i cannot get my printer back online with my computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wifi-connectivity/5586cdfc-f386-4bd6-a00c-ae349769dab4
  4. Connect to Internet over LAN, but print to Wifi Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect to Internet over LAN, but print to Wifi Printer: I have a interesting situation. We work in a large building where I lease a smaller office space. Internet is provided to all of my 4 employees but we are not connected on one "Private" network . The building provides internet thru wired NIC. So we are unable to share...
  5. Can't Print to printer

Can't Print to printer: All of a sudden I can no longer print to my printer from my laptops Two of them. I had no problem about a week or so ago. My daughter can plug in with her MAC PC and can print fine. I've removed the printer and reinstalled it, turned everything off/re-booted it printer,...
  6. Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop

Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop: laptop and printer were communicating thru wifi but no longer. I wired printer to laptop directly and still unable to print. Please help, thank you.......
  7. New wifi connection, Epson printer won't print!

New wifi connection, Epson printer won't print!: I'm using a Lenovo ideapad 320 and have an Epson Stylus Office BX630FW running Windows 10. I've just changed to a new personal mifi box and can't get the printer to work. Both the laptop and the printer are connected to the same network and I've tried reinstalling the...
  8. printer can't print

printer can't print: Hi admin, here I have a problem with my printer, In my office, there are connectors that use cables and wifi. the problem I often have is that printers don't print to wifi, sometimes it's even cables, sometimes it can print, I'm dizzy and tired, can the admin group help me...
  9. printer can't print

printer can't print: i can print from my iphone but not from my laptop. It worked before but suddenly problems occurred. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-cant-print/d1e44579-9607-4866-9f91-8a82c545dc4c
  10. WiFi Printer Connectivity

WiFi Printer Connectivity: Here's the issue: PC is Dell Inspiron N7010, upgraded to WIN 10 Everything worked fine until HDD corrupted. Replaced HDD and and reinstalled WIN 10 and all latest upgrades. Now WiFi O.K. and have Internet access. Ping gateway O.K.;ping other PC on network O.K.; ping other...