Windows 10: Can't print using One Note

Discus and support Can't print using One Note in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; First off I have no idea what One Note is and why I have it. But tonight when I tried to go and print a Word Pad file, I got a blinking icon in my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Jezza819, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Jezza819 Win User

Can't print using One Note

First off I have no idea what One Note is and why I have it. But tonight when I tried to go and print a Word Pad file, I got a blinking icon in my taskbar saying "Welcome to One Note".

It keeps asking me where I want to put the printout, My NoteBook, Quick Notes, other notes. Why am I putting a printout anywhere? Just print the stupid thing. I don't want to save a printout anywhere.

Before I've never had to answer any of this before printing. I hit print, it prints. Now if I even try to print an email or anything, it wants to go through One Note and this round and round of it asking where I want to put the printout and if I select say My Notebook it puts a copy there but never prints it. Hit print again, it puts another copy there but never prints. I can hit print 10 times and it will put 10 copies in the note book but never print them.

All I want to do is what I had before. Hit print, the printer prints it. I don't want to go through any other programs, apps, menus, anything like that.

:)

Jezza819, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Window 10 Print Queue

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +R.

• Type services.msc
      in the box.

• Search and Select Print spooler.

• Right click on print Spooler and stop and restart the services and check if it helps.
    Note: Make sure that Print Spooler should be Automatic in services.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Can't print using One Note

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Can't print using One Note

1. Can't print using One Note - Similar Threads - Can't print using

2. Can't Retrieve One Note

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Retrieve One Note: I did a cloning awhile back and I was locked out of my Windows account for 30 days. Once that was over and I could get back in, I could not find where my recent One Note files are. I say recent because all that I've been able to find are old files from years ago which are...
  3. Can't Retrieve One Note

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Retrieve One Note: I did a cloning awhile back and I was locked out of my Windows account for 30 days. Once that was over and I could get back in, I could not find where my recent One Note files are. I say recent because all that I've been able to find are old files from years ago which are...
  4. Can't Retrieve One Note

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing letter when print to one note

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing letter when print to one note: As shown on the screenshot, if I try to print a PDF file or PPT file from the web to Onenote, some letters are missing. I have tried several files so it would be a file problem. I have bought the surface several years ago, and it working properly since the last time I print...
  6. Missing letter when print to one note

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing letter when print to one note: As shown on the screenshot, if I try to print a PDF file or PPT file from the web to Onenote, some letters are missing. I have tried several files so it would be a file problem. I have bought the surface several years ago, and it working properly since the last time I print...
  7. Missing letter when print to one note

8. print my one note memo???

print my one note memo???: how to print a one note memo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-my-one-note-memo/308b00b8-3e1f-4578-9036-386e25889f17
  9. Use of OneDrive and One Note with VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use of OneDrive and One Note with VPN: How do I get my OneDrives and OneNote to work with a VPN? This is a very odd problem to have. On both my Surface Pro (5) and Surface Pro 3, when I connect to a VPN, I lose the ability to sync my OneDrive and OneNote accounts. I have this problem with both Witopia and...
  10. Print from One Note

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print from One Note: I am using Classroom Notebook and would like to print some of the pages for my students to use. How do I change the scaling of the page so that I can print to a regular 8 1/2 by 11 paper?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i print one note