Windows 10: Can't print using OneNote

Discus and support Can't print using OneNote in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; First off I have no idea what One Note is and why I have it. But tonight when I tried to go and print a Word Pad file, I got a blinking icon in my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Jezza819, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Jezza819 Win User

Can't print using OneNote

First off I have no idea what One Note is and why I have it. But tonight when I tried to go and print a Word Pad file, I got a blinking icon in my taskbar saying "Welcome to One Note".

It keeps asking me where I want to put the printout, My NoteBook, Quick Notes, other notes. Why am I putting a printout anywhere? Just print the stupid thing. I don't want to save a printout anywhere.

Before I've never had to answer any of this before printing. I hit print, it prints. Now if I even try to print an email or anything, it wants to go through One Note and this round and round of it asking where I want to put the printout and if I select say My Notebook it puts a copy there but never prints it. Hit print again, it puts another copy there but never prints. I can hit print 10 times and it will put 10 copies in the note book but never print them.

All I want to do is what I had before. Hit print, the printer prints it. I don't want to go through any other programs, apps, menus, anything like that.

:)

Jezza819, Oct 16, 2019

2. Print to OneNote not seen...

I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I would like to be able to print to OneNote from various sources but there is no 'Print to OneNote' seen in the list of printers. Could someone explain how I might set this up please?

rafikiphoto, Oct 16, 2019
  3. George Win User
    Printing on "Send to Microsoft OneNote" printer does nothing

There is a way to do it. Here are the instructions:
    <br>

1. Use the appropriate program to open the document or file that you want to import into OneNote. For example, use Microsoft Office Word to open documents or Microsoft Office Excel to open Excel workbooks.
    2. On the File menu, click Print.
      <br>
      Note: Some third-party programs might have different interfaces than the Windows interface. Print commands may have different names and may be in different locations than the commands described in these steps.
    3. In the Print dialog box, select Send to OneNote as the printer, and then click Print. OneNote does not maintain a link to the source file. If the source file is updated, those changes do not appear in your notebook unless you import the file again.
      <br>
      Note: When you print a file to OneNote by using the OneNote print driver, a copy of the file's contents is imported.

Click here for addition info, it's Microsoft's KB also you can watch this . I hope this helps.

George, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Network printing with OneNote App?

Hi,

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software or hardware changes to your computer?

Since OneNote and Edge are Windows store app, Chances are apps could be corrupted or missing Suggest you to follow below methods and check if it in fixing the issue.

Method 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Check for Updates for apps

Refer the below link to update apps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store#

Method 3: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist

you.

Darshan J, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't print using OneNote - Similar Threads - Can't print using

2. Cannot print a pdf to onenote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot print a pdf to onenote: so 3 days ago it was perfectly fine and I was able to print a pdf document to onenote but yesterday I tried doing it and it doesn't work. This is what shows up. I have tried it on multiple devices but still have the same issue. https://imgur.com/a/eJCtBwVIt also says spooling...
  3. Onenote hijacking the print option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onenote hijacking the print option: My old PC didn't have the ability to cope with W11 so I bought a new one, which came with 10 with a free upgrade to 11. So far so good. Here's the problem;A seemingly very old problem has prevented me from using the PC for my work - Onenote hijacks the Print option and even...
  4. Can't print to onenote or printout from the app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print to onenote or printout from the app: The problem started suddenly last week https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-to-onenote-or-printout-from-the-app/df585d41-09c6-4701-a415-0ec1a291ac7e
  5. Can't print to onenote or printout from the app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print to onenote or printout from the app: The problem started suddenly last week https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-to-onenote-or-printout-from-the-app/df585d41-09c6-4701-a415-0ec1a291ac7e
  6. Can't print to onenote or printout from the app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Printing to OneNote in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing to OneNote in Windows 11: I am running Windows 11 in Parallels on a new MacBook Pro 14 inch - 2021 using the new M1 chip. With this new machine, I have lost the ability to drag and drop PDF's into OneNote from apps like Outlook and have them print into a note, and I no longer have the ability to print...
  8. Printing to OneNote in Windows 11

Printing to OneNote in Windows 11: I am running Windows 11 in Parallels on a new MacBook Pro 14 inch - 2021 using the new M1 chip. With this new machine, I have lost the ability to drag and drop PDF's into OneNote from apps like Outlook and have them print into a note, and I no longer have the ability to print...
  9. Print to PDF from OneNote

Print to PDF from OneNote: I have taken notes in the Windows OneNote app and it is a fairly long page. I go to print, print to pdf, and it goes through the process of doing this, however, when I try to open the saved pdf it will not open and I get an error. The error says "somethings keeping this pdf...
  10. Print to OneNote not seen...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Print to OneNote not seen...: I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I would like to be able to print to OneNote from various sources but there is no 'Print to OneNote' seen in the list of printers. Could someone explain how I might set this up please? 57949