Windows 10: Can’t project (extend) my desktop screen to laptop screen?

Discus and support Can’t project (extend) my desktop screen to laptop screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been trying to use my laptop sort of as a second monitor to keep discord open on. i heard about the projection feature and tried it out, didn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cigher, Apr 3, 2020.

1. /u/Cigher Win User

Can’t project (extend) my desktop screen to laptop screen?

I’ve been trying to use my laptop sort of as a second monitor to keep discord open on. i heard about the projection feature and tried it out, didn’t work, tried it again, and it did work...then i hit a button on my laptop and it went away...now it won’t work again

on both computers,i have the projection setting set to:

some windows and android devices can project to this pc when you say it’s ok (available everywhere)

ask to project to this pc (first time only)

require PIN for pairing (never)

this PC can be discovered for projection only when it’s plugged into a power source (off)

then on my desktop i do Windows+P and then click Extend and “Connect to a wireless display” and my laptop doesn’t show up

they are both connected to the same network, what am i missing or doing wrong?

(my laptop can project onto my pc but not the other way around)

submitted by /u/Cigher
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cigher, Apr 3, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Project to a second screen

Hi Khalidshebak

The standard way to project to another screen is to press the Windows Key + P to open the Projection panel . . .

Right click your Desktop, choose new - Shortcut

Then, in the Location box, paste the appropriate text from the list below:

PC screen only

%windir%\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /internal

Duplicate

%windir%\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /clone

Extend

%windir%\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /extend

Second screen only

%windir%\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /external

DaveM121, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Apr 3, 2020
  4. TIGR Win User

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

TIGR, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Can’t project (extend) my desktop screen to laptop screen? - Similar Threads - Can’t project extend

2. Project the screen on a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Project the screen on a laptop: Hello, I would like to project my laptop screen to another laptop, I have enabled wireless display on my target computer. Then I did windows + p and selected wireless display, but unable to detect my target computer. What could I do? I have an HDMI jack on both computers but...
  3. Project the screen on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Project the screen on a laptop: Hello, I would like to project my laptop screen to another laptop, I have enabled wireless display on my target computer. Then I did windows + p and selected wireless display, but unable to detect my target computer. What could I do? I have an HDMI jack on both computers but...
  4. Extending Screen to Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending Screen to Laptop: Have extended Windows 10 PC screen wirelessly to Win 10 Laptop, but it stopped functioning. Now when I press MS key + P the laptop does not show in the list for wireless display. Both are on the same home private network. What am I missing?...
  5. Extending Screen to Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extending Screen to Laptop: Have extended Windows 10 PC screen wirelessly to Win 10 Laptop, but it stopped functioning. Now when I press MS key + P the laptop does not show in the list for wireless display. Both are on the same home private network. What am I missing?...
  6. Extending Screen to Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Extended screen double desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended screen double desktop icons: I have extended screens with icons on each screen some of the folder and shortcuts is doubles like Chrome and My PC. When I'm unplugged the second screen all his icons moves to the laptop screen. My question is if there is any way to save desktop for one screen and a...
  8. Problem with projecting a phone screen to the laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with projecting a phone screen to the laptop: I have a problem with projecting my phone screen to the laptop by screen mirroring. Once I closed the screen mirroring window by mistake when this window appeared. And now when I try to cast the phone screen to the laptop, I cannot see the device name on the phone screen....
  9. screen projection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen projection: Hi, What I'm want to know is: How can I project the pc game window as one screen, and keep my desktop/windows screens as an other. Basicity I want to run a pc game and project the display to my tv, whilst keeping otherwise normal pc functionality on my laptop....
  10. Can I extend my desktop and duplicate the extended desktop on 2 screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I extend my desktop and duplicate the extended desktop on 2 screen: Howdy, I have a Dell E6430 Laptop with an Intel HD4000 and an Nvidia NVS 5200M card in it. I can use this laptop in a docking station and run on 2 monitors + the laptop screen for a total of 3 displays. What I want to do is have the main desktop on the laptop screen and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. having trouble projecting laptop to pc screen