Windows 10: Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up

Discus and support Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've got an Asus ROG laptop with an R7 5800H and 3060 mobile. I can't seem to be able to put the device into sleep mode regardless of sleep being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Frankie158, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up

I've got an Asus ROG laptop with an R7 5800H and 3060 mobile. I can't seem to be able to put the device into sleep mode regardless of sleep being manually triggered, and auto sleep at 10 minutes. When I attempt to put it to sleep, the screen just wakes up a few seconds later. This also happens when the device attempts to put itself to sleep.Here's everything I've done.- Disconnected all external devices and power.- Ensured nothing in the device manager allows devices to wake from sleep.- Ran a powercfg /energy command in admin modeAccording to the exported file from the above command, it says

:)

Frankie158, Jul 20, 2021
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up [​IMG]

Chadi, Jul 20, 2021
  3. perdrix Win User
    Lappie wakes from sleep immediately!

When I use the Shutdown/Sleep command my laptop goes to sleep. Except that it wakes again immediately. powercfg lastwake told me the ACPI-Lid was responsible.

So yes, opening the lid when it is closed should wake the computer, but if the lid is open when the computer is told to sleep, it shouldn't wake until the lid has been closed and then re-opened

Dell M6800 BIOS level A16 FWIW

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks, Dave

perdrix, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up

Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.

Hello t4ord,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sleep mode saves the state of all open applications to memory, then powers down both the display panel and hard disk drive. However, if it often wakes up from Sleep mode, you need to change the Sleep settings under Power &
    sleep. You can also refer this link regarding shutdown, sleep,
    or hibernate your PC.

If that doesn’t help, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: Restore default settings of power plan.

Let’s restore the power settings to its default and check if it makes any difference. To do that,

• Go to Control Panel and select Power Options.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option Restore default settings for this plan.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article and see if it helps.

Let us know the results. Will be glad to assist you further, if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up

1. Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up - Similar Threads - Can't Put Asus

2. Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.: Hello, I bought a computer a couple months ago Windows 11, and from the first time I tried putting it to sleep, it wakes up immediately after being put to sleep. I click sleep and my screens turn off for about half a second and then my computer turns back on. I've tried a lot...
  3. When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.: I want the laptop to stay awake when I close the lid, so I can listen to Spotify with the lid closed. So I have the option set to "Do nothing" for when I close the lid. I press the power button to put the device to sleep. It goes to sleep. Then I close the lid, it wakes up...
  4. When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.

When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.: I want the laptop to stay awake when I close the lid, so I can listen to Spotify with the lid closed. So I have the option set to "Do nothing" for when I close the lid. I press the power button to put the device to sleep. It goes to sleep. Then I close the lid, it wakes up...
  5. Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping: I don't think the laptop was always like this though it's barely been a week with it, but recently, when putting the laptop to sleep, it immediately wakes up, almost as if it never went to sleep at all like hitting win+L, except the screen turns off for a little bit. I've...
  6. Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping: I don't think the laptop was always like this though it's barely been a week with it, but recently, when putting the laptop to sleep, it immediately wakes up, almost as if it never went to sleep at all like hitting win+L, except the screen turns off for a little bit. I've...
  7. Asus Laptop Wakes Immediately After Sleeping

8. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  9. Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode: Hello everyone, I had had this issue for 2 days, never happened before, I turn off the ability for my mouse to be able to wake up my computer a few weeks ago, only my keyboard can wake it up by pressing any key. lately when i place my computer to sleep it will immediately...
  10. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...