Windows 10: Can't put ISO file on USB drive

Discus and support Can't put ISO file on USB drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Version 1903 (OS Build 183262. 476) I downloaded a Win10 19091 x64 ISO file as per instructions elsewhere on this site. It's 5.04GB The drive on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Stanley1961, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Can't put ISO file on USB drive

Version 1903 (OS Build 183262. 476)

I downloaded a Win10 19091 x64 ISO file as per instructions elsewhere on this site. It's 5.04GB

The drive on which I want to store it is a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 128GB. I reformatted it before I tried to install the ISO file on it.

On trying to put the file on the drive I get this message:

Can't put ISO file on USB drive [​IMG]

Can anyone explain what, if anything, I am doing wrong, or if it's something else.

:)

Stanley1961, Nov 30, 2019

2. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Tried the first program, but it fails .. not sure yet why but troubleshooting that ...

The pendrive seems to be only for linux? although seems very useful i dont think it will help me with this. Keeping it for future linux installs though

hmmm if I already have the iso, do I just throw that in the usb drive?

ok looking into this as well...

copenhagen69, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Can't put ISO file on USB drive

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

you can use pendrive with win too. in step 1 you have to select "custom iso"(or "other" cant remember how exactly it was dubed) and point win .iso file. i've used it for my install usb stick and it works fine.

ne6togadno, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Can't put ISO file on USB drive

1. Can't put ISO file on USB drive - Similar Threads - Can't put ISO

2. ISO files in data USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISO files in data USB: Basically I put a Chinese Windows XP ISO in my USB my USB has no install files for my virtual machines so that it won't fill up my computer space and I'm kinda scared that if I boot my computer it will run Windows XP....
  3. ISO files in data USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ISO files in data USB: Basically I put a Chinese Windows XP ISO in my USB my USB has no install files for my virtual machines so that it won't fill up my computer space and I'm kinda scared that if I boot my computer it will run Windows XP....
  4. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete iso file: Today I was downloading a iso file to be use in a virtual machine for a test, and once I was done I just deleted it but I couldn't,it said "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in System" when I just ejected it a moment ago, now when I try to mount it it...
  5. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete iso file: Today I was downloading a iso file to be use in a virtual machine for a test, and once I was done I just deleted it but I couldn't,it said "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in System" when I just ejected it a moment ago, now when I try to mount it it...
  6. Can't mount ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't mount ISO file: After upgrading from Window 10 64 to Windows 11 I can't mount ISO files. I have mount options in Explorer and after choosing it Windows Explorer stops responding. That is the situation with all ISO files, even with those ones, downloaded with Windows 10 on the same notebook...
  7. Can't Burn iso files to USB (Windows 10 Pro)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Burn iso files to USB (Windows 10 Pro): So am not sure if this is my Thumb Drive that's causing an issue or something Windows 10. I have an iso file that when I right click and choose burn image file to disk I don't have the option to burn to usb thumb drive. Anyone have any ideas? 146786
  8. Can't put ISO file on USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't put ISO file on USB drive: Version 1903 (OS Build 183262. 476) I downloaded a Win10 19091 x64 ISO file as per instructions elsewhere on this site. It's 5.04GB The drive on which I want to store it is a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 128GB. I reformatted it before I tried to install the ISO file on it. On...
  9. How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive: I want to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive (a bit under 8 GB) I created. I want to do it because it was extremely slow (~2 h) to create the Recovery Drive and I also want to make a backup of the Recovery Drive in case both my C: corrupts and the USB stick...
  10. How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive: I want to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive (a bit under 8 GB) I created. I want to do it because it was extremely slow (~2 h) to create the Recovery Drive and I also want to make a backup of the Recovery Drive in case both my C: corrupts and the USB stick...