Windows 10: Can't put ISO file on USB drive

Discus and support Can't put ISO file on USB drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Version 1903 (OS Build 183262. 476) I downloaded a Win10 19091 x64 ISO file as per instructions elsewhere on this site. It's 5.04GB The drive on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Stanley1961, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Can't put ISO file on USB drive

Version 1903 (OS Build 183262. 476)

I downloaded a Win10 19091 x64 ISO file as per instructions elsewhere on this site. It's 5.04GB

The drive on which I want to store it is a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 128GB. I reformatted it before I tried to install the ISO file on it.

On trying to put the file on the drive I get this message:

Can't put ISO file on USB drive [​IMG]

Can anyone explain what, if anything, I am doing wrong, or if it's something else.

:)

Stanley1961, Nov 30, 2019

2. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Tried the first program, but it fails .. not sure yet why but troubleshooting that ...

The pendrive seems to be only for linux? although seems very useful i dont think it will help me with this. Keeping it for future linux installs though

hmmm if I already have the iso, do I just throw that in the usb drive?

ok looking into this as well...

copenhagen69, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Can't put ISO file on USB drive

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

you can use pendrive with win too. in step 1 you have to select "custom iso"(or "other" cant remember how exactly it was dubed) and point win .iso file. i've used it for my install usb stick and it works fine.

ne6togadno, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Can't put ISO file on USB drive

1. Can't put ISO file on USB drive - Similar Threads - Can't put ISO

2. Can't put ISO file on USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't put ISO file on USB drive: Version 1903 (OS Build 183262. 476) I downloaded a Win10 19091 x64 ISO file as per instructions elsewhere on this site. It's 5.04GB The drive on which I want to store it is a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 128GB. I reformatted it before I tried to install the ISO file on it. On...
  3. Is a Recovery Drive and an .iso file the same?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is a Recovery Drive and an .iso file the same?: Right after getting this computer, which came with Windows 10, I created a Recovery Drive. I forgot how I even did it, but when I plug it (the USB drive) into a USB port and read it, it shows several files and folders. This is supposed to get me back in the game if my...
  4. Can't Delete ISO File

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Delete ISO File: I Can't Delete ISO File that I have on an external disk drive. It says "the action can't be completed because the file is open in system." This is an unopened video file. How can I delete it? Thanks. 129282
  5. Can't copy files to network usb drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy files to network usb drive: I can't copy files to network usb drive. I can copy from the network drive to the computer. Plus I can't make a new folder in windows 10 too on the network drive. It is almost like the drive is in like ready only state in windows 10. I have no problems with windows 7. I can...
  6. Crashed hard drive issues - creating ISO to put on new SSD

Crashed hard drive issues - creating ISO to put on new SSD: Hi My old laptop hard drive crashed last year - I got the files recovered and they are now on an external SSD (I was using windows 10). I have purchased a new SSD and inserted it into the computer as the main hard drive My question is - how do I install windows 10 on...
  7. How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive

How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive: I want to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive (a bit under 8 GB) I created. I want to do it because it was extremely slow (~2 h) to create the Recovery Drive and I also want to make a backup of the Recovery Drive in case both my C: corrupts and the USB stick...
  8. How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive: I want to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive (a bit under 8 GB) I created. I want to do it because it was extremely slow (~2 h) to create the Recovery Drive and I also want to make a backup of the Recovery Drive in case both my C: corrupts and the USB stick...
  9. Can't backup files on 64 gig USB drive

Can't backup files on 64 gig USB drive: My SanDisk USB drive is fairly new, I use it just to backup my files on my computer. I got a message telling me to "Reconnect storage device", and that's what I did. But doing that didn't change anything, and I'm getting the same message when I try to backup my files....
  10. Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer: In File Explorer I right-click a folder and select Properties. In the Customise tab, under Choose a file to show on this folder icon, I select Choose file. I navigate to my Pictures folder and select an image and then click on Apply and OK. And nothing happens, the folder is...