Windows 10: cant put my device on sleep mode

Discus and support cant put my device on sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i cant put my device on sleep mood when i run sleep mood the device restarts and wake again in 2 seconds !!! windows 10 ver.. 1803... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HorusEye1, Jan 5, 2019.

1. HorusEye1 Win User

cant put my device on sleep mode

i cant put my device on sleep mood when i run sleep mood the device restarts and wake again in 2 seconds !!!
    windows 10 ver.. 1803

:)

HorusEye1, Jan 5, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 5, 2019
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 5, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. cant put my device on sleep mode - Similar Threads - cant put device

2. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode: For few weeks my windows 10 laptop cannot be put to sleep mode. When I close the lid or simply click on the sleep from the start menu, it goes to sleep but when I move the mouse or press anything to wake the laptop up again, it suddenly restarts itself. I have checked the...
  3. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  4. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  5. Cant turn off my PC or put it to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant turn off my PC or put it to sleep/hibernation: Hi!For a while now my PC cant turn off completely as it will just restart as soon as it turns off, same if i put it on sleep mode or hibernation mode. I have tried reinstalling OS multiple times but its doesnt help. I have narrowed it down to being my connected devices waking...
  6. Cant turn off my PC or put it to sleep/hibernation

Cant turn off my PC or put it to sleep/hibernation: Hi!For a while now my PC cant turn off completely as it will just restart as soon as it turns off, same if i put it on sleep mode or hibernation mode. I have tried reinstalling OS multiple times but its doesnt help. I have narrowed it down to being my connected devices waking...
  7. How do I put my device to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I put my device to sleep?: I dunno know to put my device to sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-my-device-to-sleep/d947ecdf-954c-4be6-8baf-aa0277a2ae75
  8. How do I put my device to sleep?

How do I put my device to sleep?: I dunno know to put my device to sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-my-device-to-sleep/d947ecdf-954c-4be6-8baf-aa0277a2ae75
  9. Issues while putting PC to Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues while putting PC to Sleep Mode: Recently my Sleep option stopped working. I have it set to "Shut Down = Never" and "Sleep = After 30 minutes" Even if I manually shut down from the Start using sleep, it still shuts down. This is relatively new behavior and quite annoying. Thanks! ***Original title:...
  10. Gears 5 puts my laptop into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 puts my laptop into sleep mode: So, I downloaded Gears 5 but whenever I go to play it within 5 minutes my laptop enters sleep mode. I don’t know why it is doing this since my laptop is more than capable of running Gears. Does anyone know of a solution, can point me in the right direction of one or can help...