Windows 10: Can't put the computer to sleep since 1709 upgrade

Discus and support Can't put the computer to sleep since 1709 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Title says it all. Ever since I upgraded my computer last night, I don't get the option to put my computer to sleep. I have rebooted 3 times and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by allam447635, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Can't put the computer to sleep since 1709 upgrade

Title says it all. Ever since I upgraded my computer last night, I don't get the option to put my computer to sleep. I have rebooted 3 times and nothing has changed. Also when this issue occurs, several programs on my computer don't work properly or crash the instant I try to open them. Why is this happening?

:)

allam447635, Dec 10, 2017
  2. GMLeics Win User

Sleep mode doesn't work

Since upgrading to windows 10 my computer won't go into sleep mode on its own, although it works when I manually put it into sleep; in settings the current settings are:

Turn off display 5 mins, and

Put the computer to sleep 15 minutes.

I'm not sure whether it's relevant but Allow hybrid sleep is on.

GMLeics, Dec 10, 2017
  3. Sleep mode on my computer is not working correctly

Since I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 , the sleep mode on my HP laptop id not working correctly. If I put the computer to sleep and later try to wake it up, nothing happens. The screen stays black no matter what I press. I have to manually turn the computer off
    and restart it.

If I don't put the laptop to sleep, but let it go to sleep on its own, I am able to wake it up.

diannejohns, Dec 10, 2017
Thema:

Can't put the computer to sleep since 1709 upgrade

1. Can't put the computer to sleep since 1709 upgrade - Similar Threads - Can't put computer

2. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing when put to sleep: Hi,Minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pdz2u69zg3amjv/121022-69343-01.zip?dl=0Computer occasionally crashes for no reason, but recently always when asleep.Motherboard: H110M-ACPU: Intel i5-6500Windows 10 Home 64bitPlease let me know if I can provide any other...
  3. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashing when put to sleep: Hi,Minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pdz2u69zg3amjv/121022-69343-01.zip?dl=0Computer occasionally crashes for no reason, but recently always when asleep.Motherboard: H110M-ACPU: Intel i5-6500Windows 10 Home 64bitPlease let me know if I can provide any other...
  4. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer Wont Put Itself to Sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Wont Put Itself to Sleep?: As the title states for some reason my PC wont put itself to sleep? I know it has to be some application thats keeping it awake but Im genuinely at a loss as to what it might be. Ive tried everything from changing the sleep and power saving settings ( as I am on windows 10)...
  6. Putting computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Putting computer to sleep: Can anyone help me with this one. No matter what I do in the power settings the computer will not go to sleep after the 5 minutes that I have set. I have done the bit in the advance, but no matter what I do the computer will not go into sleep mode unless I put in there...
  7. Computer Crashes When Put to Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashes When Put to Sleep: I press Windows key, Power, and then Sleep. The display immediately turns off but my keyboard and mouse stay lit up, after about 1 minute the computer shuts down. When I go to turn the computer back on it goes through the boot up process. This problem only started happening...
  8. Failed to Upgrade Windows with Repair Upgrade / In-Place Upgrade since 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to Upgrade Windows with Repair Upgrade / In-Place Upgrade since 1709: This is the setuperr from C:\$WINDOWS.~BT Seems tonnes of error prevented me from updating. Any and all help is much appreciated! 2020-02-02 01:15:20, Error MOUPG CDlpActionImpl<class CDlpErrorImpl<class CDlpObjectInternalImpl<class CUnknownImpl<class...
  9. Difficulty putting computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty putting computer to sleep: Now that I have WIN10 it's not possible for me to easily put the computer to sleep. The Power button shows the three options but a single click or a double click on SLEEP yields a dark screen but then an active screen reappears in about 6 seconds. Anyone have a clue? I'd...
  10. should i put computer to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    should i put computer to sleep?: shout i leave the power options alone? like iof i am converting a video? 19554