Windows 10: Can't RDP - wants password

Discus and support Can't RDP - wants password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There isn't a pw afaik. I enter my name but when I connect it shows "Other User" The user name or password is incorrect Try again. and OK. Any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James1093, Sep 9, 2018.

1. James1093 Win User

Can't RDP - wants password

There isn't a pw afaik. I enter my name but when I connect it shows "Other User"
    The user name or password is incorrect Try again. and OK.
    Any help appreciated !

:)

James1093, Sep 9, 2018

2. Microsoft Account and Authentication during RDP

Hello, trying to RDP to my windows 10 (fall creators update) via RDP but the RDP client always fails with invalid credential.

I have tried the combinations:

• Microsoft account primary alias and Microsoft account password
    • Local username associated with my Microsoft account and Microsoft account password
    Neither is accepted for sign in. I have Mobile sign in enabled on my account so I technically never entered my password here.

Lambros Vasiliou, Sep 9, 2018
  3. RDP via Windows 10 odd Password issue

This means that you previously instructed RDP to save your password and that the RDP host password got changed in the meantime.

Frederik Long, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't RDP - wants password - Similar Threads - Can't RDP wants

2. Can't connect to RDP using AzureAD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to RDP using AzureAD: Hi there!I am trying to connect to a Remote Desktop Connection using an AzureAD. I can connect using my laptop and PC. But other users can't. It stated that the logon attempt failed.Please kindly help me with this problem. Thank you...
  3. Can't RDP into end user PC's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't RDP into end user PC's: 2 Computers on our network were recently updated from Win 10 pro to Win 11 pro. Once this was done, whenever attempting to RDP to those computers, the RDP session will show a blank/black screen and eventually pop up with a connection failure. It attempts to make the...
  4. Can't RDP into end user PC's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't RDP into end user PC's: 2 Computers on our network were recently updated from Win 10 pro to Win 11 pro. Once this was done, whenever attempting to RDP to those computers, the RDP session will show a blank/black screen and eventually pop up with a connection failure. It attempts to make the...
  5. Want to disable one way clipboard in rdp.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to disable one way clipboard in rdp.: I am using Windows server 2016 No AD and want to disable clipboard while RDP connection is established.Means, If user is connected to the Server via RDP then he should not be able to copy text/file from server to his system but from his system to server he should be able to...
  6. Want to disable one way clipboard in rdp.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to disable one way clipboard in rdp.: I am using Windows server 2016 No AD and want to disable clipboard while RDP connection is established.Means, If user is connected to the Server via RDP then he should not be able to copy text/file from server to his system but from his system to server he should be able to...
  7. Can't RDP after enable NLA

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't RDP after enable NLA: RDP connection works after disable NLA but we would like to do RDP from Source server to Destination Server by enable NLA.Source Server: Windows Server 2016Destination Server: Windows Server 2016...
  8. RDP Gateway Save Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP Gateway Save Password: I have an RDP Gateway and an RDP Server set up at home. I connect to them through my work desktop and personal laptop while outside my network. On the desktop, the Gateway doesn't ask for a password (I saved it the first time I connected when it did ask me) but the Server...
  9. RDP and Username/Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP and Username/Password: I use often RDP to connect to my laptop as I can see the three screens presented by my desktop workstation making work a whole lot easier. My initial problem was it would use something like [MicrosoftAccount]/[Username] to log in. The 1st strange thing I noticed was that...
  10. RDP Requesting only a password, no username.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    RDP Requesting only a password, no username.: I have kind of a wierd one I think, I haven't been able to find an answer or solution, so I'm hoping someone here has a solution. On my domain workstation, whenever I go to connect to a server over RDP, I get this stupid box: [img] Now, I can click 'more options', and...