Windows 10: Can't re-activate windows after hardware change.

Discus and support Can't re-activate windows after hardware change. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have recently changed my CPU and GPU and i'm being told i need to reactivate windows but when i enter my product key it tells me it is invalid.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Daveatron, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Daveatron Win User

Can't re-activate windows after hardware change.

I have recently changed my CPU and GPU and i'm being told i need to reactivate windows but when i enter my product key it tells me it is invalid.

:)

Daveatron, Dec 26, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. EliasSan Win User
    Windows can´t activate after hardware change.

Yesterday I made a major hardware change (I changed motherboard, processor, Ram, and CPU Cooler) and when I started My PC I realized that Windows 10 was not activated.
    Then I went into configuration, activation, troubleshooting and there I selected change hardware recently, even so, windows

said it can not be done because the servers are not available.
    The same step I did yesterday and today. Solutions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

EliasSan, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Can't re-activate windows after hardware change.

Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-21a5-4010-8a39-7b975611b73b?tm=1438203002881

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Can't re-activate windows after hardware change.

1. Can't re-activate windows after hardware change. - Similar Threads - Can't activate hardware

2. Re activating Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re activating Windows 10 after hardware change: I once upgraded to a new PC and was able to successfully move my windows 10 license from the old PC to the new one So I believe I have already linked my license to my Microsoft account. Unfortunately that PC died last week so I purchased a new one and I want to use the same...
  3. Re activating windows 10 after hardware change

Re activating windows 10 after hardware change: So I recently purchased a new motherboard, cpu & ram from some nice black Friday deals. Was a bit worried installing them would cause trouble since it was a while ago I changed my hardware but it was like riding a bike, sure a bit nervous but it all worked out fine. Out of...
  4. Windows 10 re-activation after a hardware change

Windows 10 re-activation after a hardware change: I've changed a hardware recently and I can't re-activate a Windows 10 that I've received for free on my new configuration with the following message: We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows....
  5. windows re-activation after hardware change.

windows re-activation after hardware change.: Hello, I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu. I made sure to link my windows digital license to my microsoft account before I did this. I ran the troubleshooter and it was unable to reactivate windows. Is there anything I can do?...
  6. Can't re-activate Windows after Hardware change

Can't re-activate Windows after Hardware change: Hi, As I've said in the title I recently changed my processor from my old Intel into a new AMD, therefore I had to change my mother board as well. Everything was running fine last night until this morning when I turned on my PC the watermark to have Windows Active was there,...
  7. Re-activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-activation after hardware change: Hello, so I upgraded my hardware in my PC and the first time I started it up no issues. Day after Windows are asking to be activated. So I go through the activation trouble shooter and in the end it tells it can not be activated at the time. My windows 10 are free...
  8. Re-activating Windows after Hardware Change

Re-activating Windows after Hardware Change: I have a genuine copy of Windows 10 Professional-forced upgrade from Genuine (and paid for) Windows 7 Professional. This was checked using slmgr /xpr. There is no product key but a digital license through a linked account. I have upgraded my hardware by replacing the...
  9. Re-Activation of Windows After a Hardware Change

Re-Activation of Windows After a Hardware Change: Hello, I have a bit of situation and cannot get windows to re-activate after a hardware change. Here is the situation, I purchased a MSI AM4 socket motherboard to upgrade from an AM3 board at the beginning of December which was the original system my product of Windows was...
  10. Re-activation after hardware change

Re-activation after hardware change: I recently changed motherboards, and when I booted up my computer, windows was deactivated. I am signed in to the same account I was before, and didn't change editions of windows. I have tried using the built-in troubleshooter, even choosing the "I changed hardware recently"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant re activate windows after hardware change