Windows 10: Can't re-connect to WD My Book Live

Discus and support Can't re-connect to WD My Book Live in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a WD My Book Live network drive which basically holds all my files (docs, photos, music etc.); up until yesterday, the shares on this were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Steowls, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Can't re-connect to WD My Book Live

I have a WD My Book Live network drive which basically holds all my files (docs, photos, music etc.); up until yesterday, the shares on this were mapped to 4 letters (J:, K:, L:, MCan't re-connect to WD My Book Live ;). Yesterday, the power was cut off to the electrical circuit it's on briefly. Since then, I can't reconnect, either through Explorer or by trapping to remap it. I've tried doing it by the server & share names and by its IP address, but all I get is a window asking me for my password; when I enter this, it enters a loop of asking me for this before denying me access. (The error message is, 'The device or resource (ip address) is not set up to accept connections on port "The File and printer sharing (SMB)".' I can access the drive's user interface through the browser, but can't get to the files through Windows.

I've tried all sorts of solutions through searching on the internet, including looking at the Firewall (but I don't know what I'm looking for!), re-enabling SMB under Windows Features (which did nothing) and numberous other things, none of which have worked. So I'm stuck.

Can anyone help at all? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Steowls
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Steowls, Jan 4, 2020

2. Restoring backup file from WD Live Book

I backed up my windows 10 computer to a WD Book Live drive. My computer died and I need to restore the back up file to the computer. When I use the Backup and Restore (windows 7) option, select the WD Book Live drive, I get the error message that no
    backup files can be found. However, I see the backup file when I open the WD Book Live drive. I am really stuck here and I need to restore my backup, can someone please help resolve this problem? Thanks

ralphmcnamara, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Connecting to WD My Book Live

I can log into My Book Live, but when I go to File Explorer My Book Live doesn't appear. On a separate PC using Windows 10 it works fine.

BillHowell2, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Can't re-connect to WD My Book Live

Cannot access wireless WD My Book Live after Win10 conversion

Yes, by NAS I mean the WD My Book Live as it is indeed a NAS (Network Attached Storage). Can't re-connect to WD My Book Live :)

Do you by any chance have a smartphone/tablet with a OS which can run applications? If yes you can try downloading the WD My Cloud application and see if it detects the NAS on your network (both the NAS and the phone need to be on the same network so if the
    NAS is connected to a router you need to have your phone connected to the same router via WiFi).

If all else fails, try contacting our live support for more info. http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=2bohhs

Captain_WD, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't re-connect to WD My Book Live

1. Can't re-connect to WD My Book Live - Similar Threads - Can't connect Book

2. WD My Book Essential unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Book Essential unresponsive: Hello,we have a 3TB WD My Book Essential with very critical data. It was working fine on windows XP and 7. I tried to move it to a new dell workstation with windows 10. It connected and showed the directory structure fine. When I tried to open a file it said it was not...
  3. WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed

WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed: Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.657 Howdy Folks, *Smile Shortly after a successful Macrium Reflect full backup [SSD Primary Image & HDD Secondary Files & Folders .mrbak] on my desktop the Book failed backing up my laptop. Disk Manager says it needs to be initialized...
  4. WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10: I have a WD My Book Live that I have used for backing up my Windows 10 desktop and laptop. The NAS is no longer accessible in explorer, or in any of my backup software. When I attempt to open the My Book Live, a browser window opens with the drive's login page and then the...
  5. MY BOOK LIVE network connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MY BOOK LIVE network connection issues: I am having problems accessing my NAS on windows 10. I have no problems accessing on a MAC computer so it my opinion this is a windows 10 issue. I have gone through lots of threads on the internet amnd tried all solutions but still having the same proble. I have tried to...
  6. WD My Book World Edition (White)

WD My Book World Edition (White): After building a PC with win 10, i've not had my WD my book world edition used for a good while, decided to plug it in and install the drivers etc. Plugged it into a switch and it's not being recognised at all, even downloaded the WD cd with the drivers and the detection...
  7. Connecting to WD My Book Live

Connecting to WD My Book Live: I can log into My Book Live, but when I go to File Explorer My Book Live doesn't appear. On a separate PC using Windows 10 it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connecting-to-wd-my-book-live/eeaf8f94-b8fb-41ff-8718-153ca3f41d95
  8. Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book: I have a 2TB WD My Cloud NAS and a 3 TB WD My Book USB drive. I want to back up the NAS to the USB drive automatically but the software that comes with the My Cloud won't do that. Does anyone know of a free or cheap program that will copy the contents of the NAS to the USB...
  9. computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in

computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in: I recently bought A WD MY BOOK ,but now my computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in. What can I do? Other than the obvious 73680
  10. Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore

Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore: I have a WD 3tb My Book using WD Unlocker for the drive. I use this drive unlocked as I am the only one using the drive and no password required. There are 2 problems I'm having. The first is that when I start Win 10 Pro, 64bit, I get an error message telling me that "The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reconnect to mybooklive

2. cant connect mybooklive windows