Windows 10: Can't reach a website: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _FILES

Discus and support Can't reach a website: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _FILES in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I can't open the website browserbackground.com; I get this: Fatal error: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _FILES in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Georgey, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Georgey Win User

Can't reach a website: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _FILES

Hi,

I can't open the website browserbackground.com; I get this:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _FILES in /nfs/c03/h01/mnt/52005/domains/browserbackgrounds.com/html/inc/images.inc.php on line 506

I've tried different browsers and different IP addresses (via VPN).
    Accessibility websites say this site is up and available to everybody else.
    I have no problem opening any other website.

Thanks a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I can't find how to update my profile. Now I run Windows 10, Education edition, 64 bit.

:)

Georgey, Aug 1, 2019
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 1, 2019
  4. MrSeanKon Win User

Do you use global variables?

Nice analysis Kreij but the problem is that I am rewritting some parts as you can see here from single threading to multithreading and I am confused!
    Until now global variables help me to share the first multithreading applications (OcBible updates) but I am wondering what should I do.....*Roll Eyes Can't reach a website: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _FILES :rolleyes:

MrSeanKon, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't reach a website: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _FILES - Similar Threads - Can't reach website

2. This site can't be reached on almost all websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This site can't be reached on almost all websites: Hello, I have a problem accesing almost all websites on my laptop since new Windows update. There's no problem reaching them on different device phone connected to the same Wi-Fi and mobile hotspot so probably it's not about internet connection. The same websites don't open...
  3. This site can't be reached on almost all websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This site can't be reached on almost all websites: Hello, I have a problem accesing almost all websites on my laptop since new Windows update. There's no problem reaching them on different device phone connected to the same Wi-Fi and mobile hotspot so probably it's not about internet connection. The same websites don't open...
  4. Globally Change the Apps and Websites Language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Globally Change the Apps and Websites Language: Hi Everyone,Our applications have been set to the US date format and we have found the culprit:What we want to know is how to change this via Intune so that when we autopilot a machine it is automatically set.... Looking forward to hearing back from anyone......
  5. Created Website in IIS - This site can't be reached

in Windows 10 Customization
    Created Website in IIS - This site can't be reached: I have created a static webpage on IIS using windows server 2016 Reference -...
  6. microsoft edge starts but cannot reach any websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft edge starts but cannot reach any websites: Windows Edge stopped working. It cannot reach any websites. MSN News is also not working. It works fine on my iphone, but not the Windows 10 PC....
  7. Cannot reach the Nextdoor.com website

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot reach the Nextdoor.com website: I receive emails from Nextdoor.com but cannot reach the website - either from links in the email or when searching Nextdoor.com. It had been working perfectly but then stopped and its only with Nextdoor that I have this problem. As an 85 year old Luddite, please don't be...
  8. Microsoft Edge cannot reach any website

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge cannot reach any website: Edge will not connect to any website. Have reset, deleted all settings - nothing works. All other apps and browsers connect no problem. I then deleted network profile using Regedit. Hardwired Ethernet connection profile rebuilt and Edge worked briefly. But on second...
  9. Can't reach a certain website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't reach a certain website: Hi to the tech guys of this forum I'm visiting a website of an US author about literature for number of years and participating at its forum. Now I suddenly don't have any access and I just get the answer that the website isn't responding (same thing for firefox, explorer...
  10. Cannot reach/access websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot reach/access websites: Hi, I hope I have posted this in the right forum, apologies if I haven't. Here is the problem I'm having. I bought a HP ENVY 17t just over a month ago. For the first week, 10 days, everything was fine, I have a good internet connection with TWC and the wireless...