Windows 10: Can't reach bing.com after upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Can't reach bing.com after upgrade to Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can't access bing.com I first noticed this after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I'm running Avast antivirus but same result if off or... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jamesd1, Sep 15, 2015.

1. jamesd1 Win User

Can't reach bing.com after upgrade to Windows 10

I can't access bing.com

I first noticed this after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
    I'm running Avast antivirus but same result if off or on.
    Same result if Windows firewall is off or on.
    Same result in trying to access Bing via Google search (results come up but Bing pages will not open).

The error occurs in all browsers: EDGE, CHROME, AND FIREFOX.

All internet acess is normal except for Bing.com, that is, I can access Google and all other sites and searches without a problem. But Bing gives errors:

CHROME:

Unable to access the network

ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED

FIREFOX:
    Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at Bing.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

EDGE:
    Hmm, we can't reach this page.

Try this
    •Make sure you’ve got the right URL: Bing

:)

jamesd1, Sep 15, 2015

2. Microsoft edge wont connect to the internet

Hello,

After upgrading to Window 10, I haven't been able to connect to the internet via Microsoft Edge. I don't have a problem with firefox or internet explorer?

I would get this message and I can't figure out what settings to change.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hmm, we can't reach this page.

Try this

• Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://bing.com
    • Refresh the page
    • Search for what you want

Helen UyenHuynh, Sep 15, 2015
  3. DavidG59 Win User
    Unable to navigate to any page other than bing.com

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything went flawlessly, but now I have an issue with Chrome, Edge, and IE11. They will only navigate to bing.com. Once in bing.com, I can search for any other site, but can't navigate to it. If I search
    for another site either by name or DNS, I am told that "Hmm, we can't reach this page", or "This page cannot be displayed" depending on the browser. I am connected to the internet, but both Window's Update and signing into my Microsoft account have failed.
    I tried to disable AV and even launched in safe mode with networking, but was still unable to navigate the internet. Before I revert back to Windows 7, I thought I would see if there are any suggestions out there.

DavidG59, Sep 15, 2015
  4. trembuzz Win User

Can you access any websites with Edge? I can't

trembuzz, Sep 15, 2015
  5. johnny12 Win User
    I have the exact same issue with OP (Additional information, I have used "Windows 10 privacy tool" to disable some services). Anyone?

johnny12, Sep 15, 2015
  6. ella2574 Win User
    I've been having the same issue.

ella2574, Sep 15, 2015
  7. jamesd1 Win User
    I can access all websites with Edge, but not Bing.com
    They have killed access to their own website?!?

jamesd1, Sep 16, 2015
  8. trembuzz Win User

That is a strange one eh? I'm sure you've already checked your privacy setting in options so it's not blocked right?

trembuzz, Sep 17, 2015
  9. jamesd1 Win User
    I never use Edge and only used it as test when I could not access Bing.com in Firefox or Chrome, so I've made no changes to the defaults in Edge.

jamesd1, Sep 17, 2015
  10. I'm using Windows 10 and I'm able to access bing.com (which is set as my home page on all browsers) without any problems on all my browsers on any given day, Edge, Firefox including IE11. (I don't use Chrome.) Maybe you need to check privacy settings again or something else needs checking.

robbie2745, Sep 17, 2015
  11. No problems accessing bing, google any site. I have Norton and nothing restricted. Something is blocking your access, if you can access web with another browser Firefox eg.? Or can't you access anything in i-net?

splitsecond, Sep 17, 2015
  12. jamesd1 Win User
    I get the same errors trying to access bing.com on Firefox, Edge, Chrome, and Opera. All give the same error and cannot access bing.com all access all other websites normally.

jamesd1, Sep 17, 2015
  13. trembuzz Win User

I was referring to the privacy settings in internet options that I assume you`ve checked. (that is; blocked websites and such)

trembuzz, Sep 18, 2015
  14. you used a win10 privacy tool.. it blocked bing.com in your firewall

open firewall with advanced settings.
    look in outbound rules.
    delete the one about telemetry. that under the remote address collum it has bings ip 204.79.197.200

delete that and it should work.

joulesbeef, Oct 2, 2015
  15. DustSailor, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't reach bing.com after upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't reach bing

2. Bing.,com

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bing.,com: I hate Bing.com. I think the newest Microsoft Edge looks better than the original, but I will not use it if I Bing automatically open when I open Microsoft Edge. How do I disable or better yet, completely uninstall Bing.com?I appreciate any information you can furnish to...
  3. Can't reach to this site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't reach to this site: Hİ, I could not get an answer from the Google community. Would you help me to understand that why I can't reach the UK version anymore? I tried resetting my browser and also tried on another browser....
  4. This site can't be reached.

This site can't be reached.: Please help me with This site can't be reached. Will open YouTube and Google but not Wells Fargo. for example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-site-cant-be-reached/3fd712af-fcee-4ea9-8dce-e13e9c2d5f26
  5. This site can't be reached

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This site can't be reached: Why is Win 10 Eating My Internet Traffic?? Multiple browsers Edge, Firefox, Chrome have tried and all fail to connect to a specific site I'm on a Home network behind a Verizon FIOS Quantum router. The router has an ICMP echo ping applet that shows that the site is alive and...
  6. "This site can't be reached"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "This site can't be reached": Hi, I am having issues launching other websites and it keeps displaying "this site can't be reached". Do you have any idea what is happening? And how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your response....
  7. Can't reach a site

in Browsers and Email
    Can't reach a site: Whole week can't reach site Vip mobile | Privatni from any browser from "normal" latest 1903 with any browser. What could it be ? From Fast insider no problem. Any ideas ? 139846
  8. Can't reach sites after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reach sites after Windows 10 update: I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903. Subsequent to that, I was unable to reach any websites other than Google-related sites through any browser. I posted a question and received instructions to install the latest security stack. I did that and all was well....
  9. Can't Reach This Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Reach This Page: I keep getting Can't Reach This Page every time I right click and then click open new tab. How come? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reach-this-page/5acf2d4f-66a2-484c-ab64-19d7a2a1fbee
  10. SmartScreen can't be reached?

SmartScreen can't be reached?: Hi there, I just tried installing flash, and I got a blue window saying "smartscreen can't be reached" I'm using windows 10 version 1809. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartscreen-cant-be-reached/34dbb7b7-1fb5-48f7-9409-8070888a17ae"