Windows 10: Can’t Reach Internet thru ANY Browser, but cmd and other apps connect just fine.

Discus and support Can’t Reach Internet thru ANY Browser, but cmd and other apps connect just fine. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the past few months, I’ve been having problems reaching websites through browsers. On Edge, every website I visit gives “Hmmm… can’t reach this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TiMmY_127, Jun 24, 2022.

1. TiMmY_127 Win User

Can’t Reach Internet thru ANY Browser, but cmd and other apps connect just fine.

For the past few months, I’ve been having problems reaching websites through browsers. On Edge, every website I visit gives “Hmmm… can’t reach this page” ERR_TIMED_OUT, and the same thing happens when I try with Firefox and Chrome. Messaging with Discord and listening to Spotify work just fine, and pings and network apps in CMD run without a hitch.In the past, I could get browsers to work by restarting my computer. They’d work for a day or two before failing again. Now, every time I restart my computer the browsers fail 100% though other apps still work.Does anyone know what the problem co

:)

TiMmY_127, Jun 24, 2022
  2. quaductas Win User

Ping works fine, but no Internet connection in browser

Without having changed any settings, I can't access the Internet anymore through my laptop running Windows 10. Every browser tells me the connection has timed out. I can connect to the router and other devices on the network are not affected. Windows tells me that I am "connected to the Internet" but apparently, that's no help. It doesn't seem to work through other WiFi networks or ethernet either.

ping google.com works fine and surfing by IP address does not help.
    I tried restarting the computer, restarting the router, resetting IP configuration with no avail. I couldn't find a problem in the network settings either. I tried about anything suggested on this website.
    I hope someone of you has any idea as to what could resolve the issue. Thanks.

Update

So it turns out I can access google websites such as google.com or youtube, but nothing else. I tried some of the suggestions I found online, but nothing worked. Ideas?

quaductas, Jun 24, 2022
  3. v_realo Win User
    Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

Hi Nathan,

I’m Rey, your Independent Advisor.

I understand you are having trouble connecting to the internet on your applications but your browser is connected with no problem. Let's work on this together.

Kindly check if the proxy connection is turned on, and if so, kindly uncheck it.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

a. Click Start, and type Internet options.

b. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings

c. Uncheck the Use Proxy server.

d. Click Apply and Ok to save changes.

Also, double-check your date and time of your system if it's correct.

Now open CMD Admin,

Type these:

>netsh winsock reset

>netsh int ip reset

Reset the entire network and follow this:

Start, select Settings.

Select Network & Internet.

Click Status, and Network Reset.

Click Reset and Yes.

Let me know if this helps, if not, then let's continue once you're done with these steps.

Regards,

v_realo, Jun 24, 2022
  4. jcaswell Win User

Can’t Reach Internet thru ANY Browser, but cmd and other apps connect just fine.

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Can’t Reach Internet thru ANY Browser, but cmd and other apps connect just fine. - Similar Threads - Can’t Reach Internet

2. Browser audio is low but other apps are fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browser audio is low but other apps are fine.: I just got new speakers for my PC but when I try to play a random video from YouTube I can barely hear anything but with other apps like Spotify the audio works just fine, how do I fix this? browser is Opera GX...
  3. Browser audio is low but other apps are fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browser audio is low but other apps are fine.: I just got new speakers for my PC but when I try to play a random video from YouTube I can barely hear anything but with other apps like Spotify the audio works just fine, how do I fix this? browser is Opera GX...
  4. Browser audio is low but other apps are fine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to...: for example Overwatch 2 boots me out to the menu, signs me out then says, lost connection to server, Deep Rock Galactic, and Valheim both either lock up and freeze or DRG just doesn't show the servers. I have tried many methods to fix this, Disabling firewalls and antivirus...
  6. Can’t Reach Internet thru ANY Browser, but cmd and other apps connect just fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t Reach Internet thru ANY Browser, but cmd and other apps connect just fine.: For the past few months, I’ve been having problems reaching websites through browsers. On Edge, every website I visit gives “Hmmm… can’t reach this page” ERR_TIMED_OUT, and the same thing happens when I try with Firefox and Chrome. Messaging with Discord and listening to...
  7. Can’t Reach Internet thru ANY Browser, but cmd and other apps connect just fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t Reach Internet thru ANY Browser, but cmd and other apps connect just fine.: For the past few months, I’ve been having problems reaching websites through browsers. On Edge, every website I visit gives “Hmmm… can’t reach this page” ERR_TIMED_OUT, and the same thing happens when I try with Firefox and Chrome. Messaging with Discord and listening to...
  8. apps can't connect to the internet but the browser is working fine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    apps can't connect to the internet but the browser is working fine: apps like discord, steam, egs etc. won't connect to the internet (or sometimes work as if my connection was extremely slow) but my browser (firefox) is working fine and the connection speed is the usual. I tried resetting my router, doing a network reset and changing my dns...
  9. No Internet connection and its work just fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Internet connection and its work just fine.: Fresh Windows 10 Install for a new PC.. Maybe this is not new for most of you all..but this is new to me.. same with my name Nubi (newbie) i thought i cant install windows without microsoft accounts... Key points: Dont go Online too soon.. If you're free u can drop...
  10. Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine: Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also works perfectly fine. I do not have an...