Windows 10: Can't reach sites after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Can't reach sites after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903. Subsequent to that, I was unable to reach any websites other than Google-related sites through any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ewormuth, Aug 9, 2019.

1. ewormuth Win User

Can't reach sites after Windows 10 update

I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903. Subsequent to that, I was unable to reach any websites other than Google-related sites through any browser. I posted a question and received instructions to install the latest security stack. I did that and all was well.

Now, about a week later, I have the same problem. Anything other than Gmail, I get a "This site can't be reached; the connection was reset" message.

Can someone help me with this? I recently also installed a new security program, Bitdefender Total Security, but when turning off the firewall doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks.

:)

ewormuth, Aug 9, 2019

2. SITE NOT REACHED

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking the proxy and the firewall
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
    ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

PLEASE RECTIFY THIS

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ALEXANDER_581, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Polarman Win User

Looking for a particular web site ?

I remember seeing this here but i can't find it using the search thingy.

A guy posted a web site that had a comprensive list of all Windows update 32&64. I used to have it in my favorites before i formatted my HD.

Does someone know it?

They suggested a sticky for it but they never did.

Polarman, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't reach sites after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Can't reach sites

2. Can't Reach This Page Securely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Reach This Page Securely: Does anyone have a definitive answer to solve this problem. I cannot login to PayPal as it says my security settings are out of date or inadequate. Also can't access a local newspaper's electronic edition. I've checked my TSL settings and versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 are...
  3. Can't Reach This Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Reach This Page: I keep getting Can't Reach This Page every time I right click and then click open new tab. How come? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reach-this-page/5acf2d4f-66a2-484c-ab64-19d7a2a1fbee
  4. SmartScreen can't be reached?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen can't be reached?: Hi there, I just tried installing flash, and I got a blue window saying "smartscreen can't be reached" I'm using windows 10 version 1809. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartscreen-cant-be-reached/34dbb7b7-1fb5-48f7-9409-8070888a17ae"
  5. This site can't be reached, took too long to respond.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This site can't be reached, took too long to respond.: I have a problem with timeout on 1 of 2 URLs I try to access. It has been like this since I got the computer, and the problem is the same in Chrome, IE and Edge (I have Windows 10). There are tree computers in total in the household, the others don't experience the same...
  6. Unable to reach online site

Unable to reach online site: I am unable to reach a site that i have been using for years. Keep getting this message: Hmmm can't reach that page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reach-online-site/baf61a49-3db5-43ef-9545-9f9f9ecb03ca
  7. Error "this site can't be reached" due to proxy setting.

Error "this site can't be reached" due to proxy setting.: I've had issues with my proxy for a while now. Everytime I try to go to a new page i get the "this site can't be reached" window. I've looked at YouTube videos as well as posts on this topic to try to fix this problem, but no luck. I've downloaded Rougekiller, Hitman, Adware...
  8. Windows 10 updated, Im connected to the internet but I get "this site can't be reached" in...

Windows 10 updated, Im connected to the internet but I get "this site can't be reached" in...: So Windows 10 updated last night. When I logged onto my computer I have internet connection as I can connect and play online games and other stuff but if I open any web browser (internet explorer, chrome, edge, etc) and try to navigate to a site, I get the "this site cant be...
  9. Can't reach bing.com after upgrade to Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Can't reach bing.com after upgrade to Windows 10: I can't access bing.com I first noticed this after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I'm running Avast antivirus but same result if off or on. Same result if Windows firewall is off or on. Same result in trying to access Bing via Google search (results come up but...
  10. After Windows Update Can't browsing except the google sites

After Windows Update Can't browsing except the google sites: Hi! 3 days ago my Win 10 Pro is updated. After finished the update i only can browsing the googe's sites (youtube, docs, gmail, maps etc..) but can't load all of the other sites in any browser, and my all software cant connect the interner included the Windows Update.....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot reach this page win 10