Windows 10: can't reacitivate win 10 pro after a hardware change, how to get a product key?

Discus and support can't reacitivate win 10 pro after a hardware change, how to get a product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased win 10 pro about two years ago for my laptop computer. It had a hardware change recently. My Microsoft account didn't seem to be connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sixpeople001, Jun 10, 2021.

1. can't reacitivate win 10 pro after a hardware change, how to get a product key?

I purchased win 10 pro about two years ago for my laptop computer. It had a hardware change recently. My Microsoft account didn't seem to be connected to the win 10 pro digital license before I switched out a bad motherboard. Now Windows reports no product key can be found. Tried the online get help app but just got kicked around by different Microsoft depts. Can Microsoft simply email me the product key based on my order number? Digital license is such a hassle...

:)

sixpeople001, Jun 10, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Jun 10, 2021
  3. RobCoxXA Win User
    Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, Jun 10, 2021
  4. kokpit01 Win User

can't reacitivate win 10 pro after a hardware change, how to get a product key?

UEFI embedded product key changing Win 10 home to PRO

Hi

I have laptop DELL Inspirion 13 7000 that came with Win 10 Home. I bough Win 10 PRO OEM for clean install but it wont let me instaling it the PRO version it always activates HOME and i can't change the product key.

how to install my PRO version - how to change the embedded product key in the Firmware?

kokpit01, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

can't reacitivate win 10 pro after a hardware change, how to get a product key?

1. can't reacitivate win 10 pro after a hardware change, how to get a product key? - Similar Threads - can't reacitivate pro

2. Win 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro product key: Hi,I have a pc where the motherboard died and a retail licence of Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap it to a new build pc. The retailer say they don’t sell Microsoft products any more but they never sent me a product key email. Spoke with licensing phone support who say contact...
  3. Win 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro product key: Hi,I have a pc where the motherboard died and a retail licence of Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap it to a new build pc. The retailer say they don’t sell Microsoft products any more but they never sent me a product key email. Spoke with licensing phone support who say contact...
  4. Lost product key after hardware change

Lost product key after hardware change: I have upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to windows 10 pro using a digital licence 2 years back. But after a hardware failure i had to replace motherboard. Now windows is showing "Activate windows" but i haven't noted down the product key, What is the solution?...
  5. Lost product key after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost product key after hardware change: I have upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to windows 10 pro using a digital licence 2 years back. But after a hardware failure i had to replace motherboard. Now windows is showing "Activate windows" but i haven't noted down the product key, What is the solution?...
  6. Lost product key after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win 10 Pro Product Key

Win 10 Pro Product Key: Hello, I bought a laptop with an OEM version, that I subsequently upgraded to a full version installed via download. How do I find my product key? I have run CMD as an Administrator and entered wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey, but I suspect...
  8. Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware

Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware: I recently built a new pc with completely different parts, and installed windows on it using the product key I have been using for years. But then it told me that the product key is invalid and that I should purchase windows?...
  9. Lost production key after hardware change

Lost production key after hardware change: Hello. So i recently bought and installed a new motherboard with cpu and rams. And were about to clean up my documents for a fresh install, when sudden my windows activation was "lost"? My windows 10, was the "free" update from Microsoft, which was updated from my windows 7...
  10. win 10 pro activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 pro activation after hardware change: I got the free upgrade to 10 from 8 it loaded the pro version. My mother board failed and had to be replaced. On activating it gives a message 0x800700B. It cannot connect to my organizations activating server. I am 78years old I do not have an organization. The product is...