Windows 10: Can't reactivate a digital windows linsence after a hardware change

Discus and support Can't reactivate a digital windows linsence after a hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently changed motherboards for my PC. Windows 10 is no longer allowing me to active the device. I purchased a digital license from the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Adreatheon, May 30, 2019.

1. Can't reactivate a digital windows linsence after a hardware change

I recently changed motherboards for my PC. Windows 10 is no longer allowing me to active the device. I purchased a digital license from the Microsoft store a little over a year ago and attached it to my Microsoft account. When I troubleshoot my activation and select my new device name it just says can't activate this device.

:)

Adreatheon, May 30, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 30, 2019
  3. Uninstall (delete, remove) the Windows 10 digital license from old hardware, after reactivating it on new (similar) hardware, after hardware change

Hi,

I recently was able to reactivate my Windows 10 digital license on new (only on similar, same type laptop to laptop) hardware, by linking my Microsoft account. I followed the steps mentoned in

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

I find that the old hardware, still has an activated digital license of Windows.

I need to uninstall the digital license from the old hardware, in such a way that it will not activate, on its own, and will not invalidate the digital license on my new hardware, at all.

Please advice me, as I would like to transfer my digital license to my new hardware, completely, and permanently. I require my old hardware to not be having the digital license, at all, and the digital license to be completely deleted from it.

Vikram S Ramani, May 30, 2019
  4. Can't reactivate a digital windows linsence after a hardware change

Uninstall (delete, remove) the Windows 10 digital license from old hardware, after reactivating it on new (similar) hardware, after hardware change

If you followed all of the steps in
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and deleted the old install then there's nothing else that needs to be done.

I've not yet seen a case where Digital Entitlement activation is removed from a device. Even Devices that Upgrade to Pro, and/or use a retail Windows 10 Product Key to reactivate on the same device, still keep both Home and Pro Entitlement stacked on the
    device along with the retail Key until it is removed by reactivating on a new Device. But unlike retail Product keys which remove themselves in this way from the old device once reactivated on new hardware, there's no evidence yet that Digital Entitlement
    does.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Can't reactivate a digital windows linsence after a hardware change

1. Can't reactivate a digital windows linsence after a hardware change - Similar Threads - Can't reactivate digital

2. Can't reactivate windows after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reactivate windows after a hardware change: I purchased windows 11 a few months ago for my PC through the microsoft store on the computer. Recently I had to change the motherboard on the computer and now I'm getting the 'Activate Windows' issue. I've tried the troubleshoot option within windows, but it's saying it...
  3. Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change: tried the troubleshoot in the activation settings and signed in to my account with windows digital license and the next page tells me no devices found???I used a local account before I changed the hardware, but the digital license should be tied to my email address since I...
  4. Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change: tried the troubleshoot in the activation settings and signed in to my account with windows digital license and the next page tells me no devices found???I used a local account before I changed the hardware, but the digital license should be tied to my email address since I...
  5. Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Can't reactivate after a hardware change

Can't reactivate after a hardware change: I have just replaced most of the components in my PC, apart from the hard disks. Before I upgraded the hardware, I linked my Window 10 pro retail license to my Microsoft account. When I log into my Microsoft account in a browser, I can see my old PC in the Devices section....
  7. Can't reactivate after hardware change

Can't reactivate after hardware change: A month ago I replaced my motherboard, along with my processor and RAM. I had internet installed yesterday, which prompted Windows to give me the "Activate Windows" watermark. The problem is, before I upgraded, I hadn't linked my device to my Microsoft account, and had no...
  8. Can't reactivate after hardware change

Can't reactivate after hardware change: I recently replaced my laptop's motherboard and now i have to reactivate my OS. I have tried to change the microsoft account and nothing changed. What should i do? [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows can't be reactivated after hardware change

Windows can't be reactivated after hardware change: Hello, so I have a Windows 10 Pro digital license. The original install was on my old SSD Samsung 840 Evo and new install on my Samsung 850 Evo. I'm migrating from SSD with new install because the 840 Evo has failing to boot sometimes. Today I logged in with an Microsoft...
  10. Can't reactivate windows after hardware change

Can't reactivate windows after hardware change: Recently, I had to change my motherboard because of a burn that happened in the case, but after I replaced it, Activate Windows was in the corner of the screen. I tried to reactivate it in settings, but it wouldn't let me, even with the reactivate after a hardware change....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. digital linsence reactive on a new pc

2. cant reactive my window 10 with digital license