Windows 10: Can't reactivate my Windows 10 after hardware change.

Discus and support Can't reactivate my Windows 10 after hardware change. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I get the following error [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Vífill, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Vífill Win User

Can't reactivate my Windows 10 after hardware change.

I get the following error

Can't reactivate my Windows 10 after hardware change. cb29d02b-2777-43ba-aeff-4b91c8bdbe2a?upload=true.png

:)

Vífill, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 18, 2019
  3. taox Win User
    Windows 10 Hardware change

So i will be changing my cpu, motherboard, ram to the z170 and i was wondering how i am going to reactivate windows 10. my parts should be here by the 11/18/2015 i want to prepare. *Smile Can't reactivate my Windows 10 after hardware change. :) thanks!

4. Can't reactivate my Windows 10 after hardware change.

win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Can't reactivate my Windows 10 after hardware change.

1. Can't reactivate my Windows 10 after hardware change. - Similar Threads - Can't reactivate hardware

2. Can't reactivate windows after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reactivate windows after a hardware change: I purchased windows 11 a few months ago for my PC through the microsoft store on the computer. Recently I had to change the motherboard on the computer and now I'm getting the 'Activate Windows' issue. I've tried the troubleshoot option within windows, but it's saying it...
  3. Can't reactivate after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't reactivate after a hardware change: I have just replaced most of the components in my PC, apart from the hard disks. Before I upgraded the hardware, I linked my Window 10 pro retail license to my Microsoft account. When I log into my Microsoft account in a browser, I can see my old PC in the Devices section....
  4. Can't reactivate after hardware change

Can't reactivate after hardware change: A month ago I replaced my motherboard, along with my processor and RAM. I had internet installed yesterday, which prompted Windows to give me the "Activate Windows" watermark. The problem is, before I upgraded, I hadn't linked my device to my Microsoft account, and had no...
  5. Can't reactivate after hardware change

Can't reactivate after hardware change: I recently replaced my laptop's motherboard and now i have to reactivate my OS. I have tried to change the microsoft account and nothing changed. What should i do? [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 can't be reactivated after a hardware change

Windows 10 can't be reactivated after a hardware change: So I swapped out my motherboard, CPU and memory yesterday for some high end stuff and now I can't reactivate windows. The trouble shooting windows just keeps telling me that it can't reactivate windows right now. I also tried re-using my serial key but then it says it can't...
  7. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change: I changed the hardware on my computer, the processor, and the motherboard. I have a digital license and connected my account to the computer. For some reason, it doesn't recognize the computer and he thinks it's another computer. I can't reactivate windows because of this....
  8. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change: Changed motherboard and CPU today, had the error message of reactivating Windows 10. I haven't changed my microsoft account, and it's the one I've had for ages signed in on the same PC. It won't activate because it can't find a Windows 10 difital license. But when I've...
  9. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change?

Can't reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change?: I recently upgraded to a new motherboard and to reactivate Windows 10 with my digital license. On the activation page I get "We can't activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to upgrading to Windows 10. Go to the Store to buy...
  10. Can't reactivate windows after hardware change

Can't reactivate windows after hardware change: Recently, I had to change my motherboard because of a burn that happened in the case, but after I replaced it, Activate Windows was in the corner of the screen. I tried to reactivate it in settings, but it wouldn't let me, even with the reactivate after a hardware change....