Windows 10: Can't reactivate my Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change.

Discus and support Can't reactivate my Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a version of Windows 10 that was an upgrade from an earlier version of Windows. So I have a digital license, not a product key. I upgraded my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Joshgenti, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Joshgenti Win User

Can't reactivate my Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change.

I have a version of Windows 10 that was an upgrade from an earlier version of Windows. So I have a digital license, not a product key. I upgraded my computer (new motherboard, etc.) but same hard drive & same Windows 10 version.

When I look to the Activation section I see this:

Windows reported that no product key was found on your device.

Error code: 0xC004F213

I followed the instructions here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/20530

I went to settings -> update & security -> Activation -> Troubleshooting. It shows my list of devices, including the computer I need. I select it & then it says:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

I called into the technical support & they say I need to downgrade to my older Windows 7 version & then upgrade again to Windows 10 as I need a product key. But the website help pages say I should be able to use my digital license linked to my Microsoft account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

Joshgenti, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 pro won't activate after a hardware change.

Hi legs0fsteel,

You might want to check these suggested steps in Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/20530/...

Please let me know if this helped you solve your current issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Can't reactivate my Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change.

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Can't reactivate my Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change.

1. Can't reactivate my Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change. - Similar Threads - Can't reactivate Pro

2. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after changing my PC hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after changing my PC hardware: Hello,I've recently changed some of my PC hardware motherboard, CPU, memory... so basically everything.Now Windows 10 Pro tells me it is not activated error code: 0xC004F213. I believe I got a digital license when I bought Win 10.I used to troubleshooter but it couldn't...
  3. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after changing my PC hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after changing my PC hardware: Hello,I've recently changed some of my PC hardware motherboard, CPU, memory... so basically everything.Now Windows 10 Pro tells me it is not activated error code: 0xC004F213. I believe I got a digital license when I bought Win 10.I used to troubleshooter but it couldn't...
  4. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after changing my PC hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I swapped out my old HDD for a new SSD and I moved all the data safely with Samsung's Data Migration Software. Everything went well until I noticed the "Activate Windows" watermark in the lower right hand corner or my screen. I followed every 'solution' I could find online....
  6. Can't reactivate windows 10 pro after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't reactivate windows 10 pro after a hardware change: After a hardware change to my cpu, motherboard, and ram, I am getting error code 0xC004C003 which says that I don't have a valid digital license or product key. I have tried troubleshooting but the "I changed my hardware" option doesn't pop up and I have tried changing my...
  7. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change: Yesterday I upgraded my CPU, which also involved getting a new motherboard and RAM. I am aware that hardware changes this large will usually make this happen, but I've tried to troubleshoot, and I've clicked the button at the bottom when you have changed your hardware, but it...
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I upgraded my hardware just today. Changed pretty much all of it, new motherboard, CPU etc. and now my Windows isn't activated anymore. I get the 0xC004F211 error code. Troubleshooting doesn't help, coming up with "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device."...
  9. Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change

Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change: Hello! I recently replaced my Processor/Motherboard/RAM on my Desktop PC and now I can't reactivate my Windows 10. Also, I get the error 0xC004F025 in the activation window (where I press Troubleshoot). After I select the device I am using, and pressing Activate, it says...
  10. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change: Hi everybody, About a month ago I replaced the motherboard of my computer that is currently running Windows 10 Pro. I have a constant "Activate Windows" watermark in the bottom right of my monitor now, which is to be expected, but when I attempt to troubleshoot and select...