Windows 10: Can't reactivate w10 on new pc

Discus and support Can't reactivate w10 on new pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So yesterday I built a new pc for myself, and I boot it up and install windows and whatnot, and press the "i dont have a key" button since I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kingpincosmo, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Can't reactivate w10 on new pc

So yesterday I built a new pc for myself, and I boot it up and install windows and whatnot, and press the "i dont have a key" button since I have a digital license linked to my ms account.
    But when I try to activate it on my new pc, it gives me an error, and I press troubleshoot to get to the "ive recently changed hardware" option and get there, but my new desktop is not on that list, and even if i try the other 2 options on that list it still doesnt work and gives me an error.

No clue what to do, any got an idea?

submitted by /u/kingpincosmo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kingpincosmo, Jan 7, 2020

2. w10 partition.key.activation.

Hi

I have a lenovo g580 laptop 320 gb hdd .... it is giving me hdd errors and i am preparing t replace it with new (no warr)

the w10 was an upgrade from 8.1 that came with laptop ...

i can look at my pc properties for key but when i use it .... it claims that it is an incorrect key ... so will not work

i need to get past this before i can move on

1tb wd drive ...

here are the steps i assume will take place...

i have a w10 data stick with w10 it will not take my key number ...

any first steps to correct this problem ? thanks in advance ...

EDIT........... thanks for reply 1 ....... it does not apply

clarification .... the only choices .... it gives me is enter key and then incorrect key number does not have 'skip this step' option .. darn i wish i could repeat this sequence to verify...

i have heard tales of problems with reactivating w10 after hardware change .. and not seeing the correct key number .. ..

I am also attempting to transfer all progs, data to new drive .. and partition new drive for w10

frankkkkkkk, Jan 7, 2020
  3. James_094 Win User
    Cannot reactivate W10 on a different PC

Hi,

I'm having issues reactivating my W10 license after building my new PC. The situation is:

I had W10 Pro on my original desktop, let's call it desktop1. It's a digital license attached to my windows account, according to slmgr /dlv it's a RETAIL license, which as far as I know means it can be transferred and is not attached to my motherboard.

So I went onto desktop1 and used slmgr /upk to uninstall the product key (it's a generic one due to being a digital license). Now Windows properly shows up as not activated on desktop1, I haven't got around to formatting the drive (need to get some data
    first but I'll do it soon).

Now I move onto desktop2, installed W10 Pro off a stick, then attached my Windows account. I install the product key with slmgr /ipk and the product key installs correctly. I try to activate and it fails, error code 0x803FA067.

I use some google and learn that apparently it needs to be reactivated manually or some stuff. I use the Troubleshoot option and choose "I recently changed hardware", but the Troubleshooter only shows me one device which is desktop1, despite both desktop1
    and desktop2 showing up in my Windows account.

Any ideas? As for the original product key, I bought desktop 1 preassembled so I have no idea where it comes from, but it's NOT an OEM key since both slmgr /dlv and showkeyplus list it as RETAIL. The original key was a W7 key and I used the free upgrade
    to W10.

Any idea on what else to try? Apparently chat support used to help with it but I can't find the option to talk to chat support.

James_094, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Can't reactivate w10 on new pc

Do i need to reactivate W10 after upgrade ? W10 to W10 creator update.

Do i need to reactivate W10 after upgrade ? W10 to W10 creator update.

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup / PC **

RaFikBouchoul66, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Can't reactivate w10 on new pc

1. Can't reactivate w10 on new pc - Similar Threads - Can't reactivate w10

2. Reactivation W10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation W10: Had W10 preview months before the launch date. It was activated. Activation continued after that date. Later it was activated with a digital license linked to the Microsoft account. Motherboard has failed, will replace with later one, and new CPU and RAM. Will it reactivate?...
  3. New Pc, Reactivate Windows

New Pc, Reactivate Windows: I just built a new pc for the first time today. It needs to activate windows, following the rabbit hole I guess I need to find my license key again. I had Win 7 on first pc, we bought an SSD a few months ago, I bought win 10 from the online store. We put the SSD in my new...
  4. Can't reactivate windows 10 on a new motherboard

Can't reactivate windows 10 on a new motherboard: I recently upgraded my motherboard but when i try to reactivate windows through troubleshoot it keeps saying something about servers unavailable and i've been trying for 2 days When i plug in my old motherboard, windows activates by itself...
  5. Windows 10 Reactivation On New PC

Windows 10 Reactivation On New PC: Under activation on Win 10 it's shown " Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account ". My question is: If i sell this pc and Buy a new one can i use the same product key on it ? What is the proper process ?...
  6. Cannot reactivate W10 on a different PC

Cannot reactivate W10 on a different PC: Hi, I'm having issues reactivating my W10 license after building my new PC. The situation is: I had W10 Pro on my original desktop, let's call it desktop1. It's a digital license attached to my windows account, according to slmgr /dlv it's a RETAIL license, which as far...
  7. I can't reactivate windows on my new PC.

I can't reactivate windows on my new PC.: I just built a new PC (though with my old hard drives reused) and apparently my Windows has been deactivated due to the hardware change. However when I try to reactivate it I get error code 0Xc004F025. I tried troubleshooting and selecting "I recently changed hardware on this...
  8. Trying to reactivate W10 on a new build.

Trying to reactivate W10 on a new build.: Okay, so a few weeks ago I used the help of this forum to find out my product type, I have a retail license which should have been digitally licenses to my account. After signing in, it's saying: Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code:...
  9. Can not reactivate W10: Error

Can not reactivate W10: Error: Hello. I changed my CPU Motherboard and RAM as my old System died. I had Windows 10 Pro already activated in my Microsoft Account (I upgraded from W7 to W10 through the "Free Digital Upgrade" back then). So it was linked since the Release of the first W10 Version. My old...
  10. Dead PC, move W10 to new PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead PC, move W10 to new PC?: My 11 year old rig died, brief specs Intel S775 Core 2 Q6600 Quad-Core 8GB Geil 800MHz ASUS 8800GT video card SSD (OS) & HDD (data) I am unable to boot. There is a flicker on the activity LED and the fans start, stop and sometimes start again.. PSU seems OK as case fans, DVD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reactivate w10 new pc

2. new pc activating w10