Windows 10: Can't reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change?

Discus and support Can't reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to a new motherboard and to reactivate Windows 10 with my digital license. On the activation page I get "We can't activate Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RomanNicholson, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change?

I recently upgraded to a new motherboard and to reactivate Windows 10 with my digital license. On the activation page I get "We can't activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to upgrading to Windows 10. Go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0x803F7001". I ran the troubleshooter and clicked the "I changed hardware on this device recently". From there I clicked on my desktop and pressed activate where I got the message "Unable to activate Windows, we can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later". I had made sure I activated the digital license prior to the hardware upgrade so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

RomanNicholson, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 18, 2019
  3. taox Win User
    Windows 10 Hardware change

So i will be changing my cpu, motherboard, ram to the z170 and i was wondering how i am going to reactivate windows 10. my parts should be here by the 11/18/2015 i want to prepare. *Smile Can't reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change? :) thanks!

4. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change?

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Can't reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change?

1. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change? - Similar Threads - Can't reactivate hardware

2. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change: I changed the hardware on my computer, the processor, and the motherboard. I have a digital license and connected my account to the computer. For some reason, it doesn't recognize the computer and he thinks it's another computer. I can't reactivate windows because of this....
  3. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change: So, I can't reactivate my Windows 10. I recently upgraded my hardware and have attempted to reactivate. There is an error code 0xC004f213, stating I have no key. The issue here is that I do have a key, but it was from Windows 7, which does not work for this reactivation. I...
  4. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change: Changed motherboard and CPU today, had the error message of reactivating Windows 10. I haven't changed my microsoft account, and it's the one I've had for ages signed in on the same PC. It won't activate because it can't find a Windows 10 difital license. But when I've...
  5. reactivation after hardware change

reactivation after hardware change: I had to basicaly rebuild my pc after it broke so pretty much a new system. I tried reactivating it and went through the troubleshooter but it won't reactivate is ther anything else i coud try?...
  6. Can't reactivate windows after hardware change

Can't reactivate windows after hardware change: Recently, I had to change my motherboard because of a burn that happened in the case, but after I replaced it, Activate Windows was in the corner of the screen. I tried to reactivate it in settings, but it wouldn't let me, even with the reactivate after a hardware change....
  7. Can't reactivate my Windows 10 after hardware change.

Can't reactivate my Windows 10 after hardware change.: I get the following error [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reactivate-my-windows-10-after-hardware/cfe87ad0-fb0f-426a-a9eb-0dd0744a42aa"
  8. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change: Hi everybody, About a month ago I replaced the motherboard of my computer that is currently running Windows 10 Pro. I have a constant "Activate Windows" watermark in the bottom right of my monitor now, which is to be expected, but when I attempt to troubleshoot and select...
  9. I can't reactivate windows after a hardware change

I can't reactivate windows after a hardware change: I recently upgraded my cpu, ram, psu, and motherboard and I am trying to reactivate windows. I tried to troubleshoot it and then selecting the computer and activating it. It just says there is an error and that I should buy a code from the windows store. It says "We can't...
  10. Reactivating after a hardware change

Reactivating after a hardware change: just upgraded my motherboard and processer and now I cant reactivate windows jus get the following message error code 0xc004c003 Unable to activate Windows We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. anyone know what I need to do to fix this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we can’t reactivate windows on this device. try again later.

2. we cant reactivate windows on this device

3. reactivate windows 10 after motherboard change

4. cant reactive my window 10 with digital license,
  5. cant reactivate windows after motherboard upgrade,
  6. i cant reactivate my windoww after hardware change,
  7. reactivate windows after hardware change,
  8. win 10 cant reactivate after hardware change,
  9. cant reactivate windows 10 after hardware change,
  10. windows 10 hardware change we can’t reactivate windows on this device. try again later.,
  11. cant reactivate windows 10 hardware change,
  12. cant reactivate windows after hardware change,
  13. windows 10 digital license we cant reactivate windows on this device,
  14. we cant reactivate windows on this device hardware change