Windows 10: Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard

Discus and support Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I've just replaced a faulty motherboard in my PC and tried to reactivate Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Activation troubleshooter. The license... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JohnGoldsmith2, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard

Hi,

I've just replaced a faulty motherboard in my PC and tried to reactivate Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Activation troubleshooter. The license linked to my account is an upgrade from a retail version of a previous version (so i should be able to reactivate it). After selecting the correct device to activate I am presented with the following error message:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

:)

JohnGoldsmith2, Oct 31, 2018

2. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard

Hi,

I've just replaced a faulty motherboard in my PC and tried to reactivate Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Activation troubleshooter. The license linked to my account is an upgrade from a retail version of a previous version (so i should be able to reactivate
    it). After selecting the correct device to activate I am presented with the following error message:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

Learn more

You can also activate this device by going to the Store and purchasing a genuine copy of Windows.

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard Store.24.png

Go to Store

The "Learn more" page referred to does not help as I have just followed the steps listed on that page to get to where I am now.

Phil Brent, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Oct 31, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Activate using windows 7 pro key.

cereberus, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard

1. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard - Similar Threads - Can't reactivate Pro

2. ReActivate Windows 10 Pro digitally after replacing processor and motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ReActivate Windows 10 Pro digitally after replacing processor and motherboard: Hi,I've been trying to reactivate Windows 10 Pro digitally for all of yesterday and tried resetting, running slui 4 to try to get phone numbers no dialog box popped up, and trying all activation troubleshooting methods listed on this forum reinstalling windows 10 from...
  3. ReActivate Windows 10 Pro digitally after replacing processor and motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ReActivate Windows 10 Pro digitally after replacing processor and motherboard: Hi,I've been trying to reactivate Windows 10 Pro digitally for all of yesterday and tried resetting, running slui 4 to try to get phone numbers no dialog box popped up, and trying all activation troubleshooting methods listed on this forum reinstalling windows 10 from...
  4. ReActivate Windows 10 Pro digitally after replacing processor and motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Difficulties with Reactivating Windows 10 After Replacing Motherboard

Difficulties with Reactivating Windows 10 After Replacing Motherboard: I recently had to change my motherboard, because I was having issues with it. After replacing it, I reinstalled Windows 10 as well. Naturally, I had to reactivate Windows 10, however, when I tried to input the 25-character product key, I got the following error message:Just...
  6. Reactivation problems after replacing motherboard

Reactivation problems after replacing motherboard: Hi everyone, Yesterday, I replaced my motherboard on my PC, and now my Windows won't reactivate. I had the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro, and I'm fairly sure there is supposed to be a licence attached to my account, but I don't know how to find it. I had...
  7. Reactivating Windows after replacing motherboard

Reactivating Windows after replacing motherboard: Some backstory before I start- Back in June of 2018 I bought a prebuilt Cyberpower pc. After 2 years the motherboard died, so I replaced it. After booting it up, I have a little thing in the bottom right hand corner of my screen that says, "Activate Windows. Go to Settings to...
  8. Can't Reactivate Windows After Replacing my Motherboard.

Can't Reactivate Windows After Replacing my Motherboard.: Recently I upgraded my motherboard to an MSI Gaming Edge AC. I followed the steps in Microsoft's article on "Reactivating Windows 10 After a Hardware Change," but nothing worked: I just keep getting told the same thing by troubleshooting and my PC.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Can't reactivate Windows after replacing motherboard

Can't reactivate Windows after replacing motherboard: I recently had to replace my motherboard after it had fried and now I can't activate Windows. I've seen that apparently when Windows 10 is preinstalled, it is an OEM license and can't be activated after changing motherboard. Since getting the computer that had Windows 10...
  10. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after a motherboard replacement

Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after a motherboard replacement: So I recently had a motherboard failure and had to get a new one. My Windows 10 (which was activated earlier) started showing as not activated after I did. I must add that I upgraded to Windows 10 Professional from Windows 7 Home Basic using the anytime upgrade offer that was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we can’t reactivate windows on this device. try again later.

2. we can’t reactivate windows on this device. try again later.learn more

3. we cant reactivate windows try again later

4. we cant reactivate windows on this device try again later,
  5. windows10 cant activate this device later,
  6. we cant reactivate win on this device try again later - WIndows 10,
  7. replaced motherboard error messasge in Windows 10,
  8. cant reactivate windows after changing computers,
  9. windows 10 we cant reactivate windows on this device try again later,
  10. windows 10 activation new motherboard we cant reactivate windows on thsi device,
  11. we can’t reactivate windows on this device. try again later motherboard upgrade,
  12. activate windows after replacing motherboard,
  13. reactivate windows after replacing motherboard,
  14. we can’t reactivate windows on this device. try again later. after fresh install,
  15. reactivate windows after motherboard replaced