Windows 10: Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Discus and support Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro for Workstations in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My motherboard recently died on my desktop and I had to replace it. Now that I have a new one I cannot reactivate my version of windows. The history... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by wilsontomass, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

My motherboard recently died on my desktop and I had to replace it. Now that I have a new one I cannot reactivate my version of windows.

The history of my particular PC is a bit complicated though, but I have yet to pinpoint why I shouldn't be able to reactivate.

Some years ago I bought a copy of windows 7 (some version, can't remember) for which I no longer have the product key. After that, I followed the free upgrade cycle all the way to windows ten over the years. Then, last year, I completely rebuilt my PC, putting the OS on a new drive.

After rebuilding, I could not reactivate windows and seeing as I didn't have the product key I gave up entirely (from reading around, this probably wasn't even possible WITH the product key), so I decided to buy a fresh copy.

According to the store, windows 10 Pro for Workstations was the only one I was eligible to buy (My hardware isn't that serious, so my guess is my original win 7 install was some sort of pro version?). I bought it and that brings me to the most recent events, my motherboard dying.

Given that I bought Win 10 pro for workstations at full price off the inbuilt Microsoft store (4200kr ~430USD), shouldn't I have a transferrable digital copy of windows 10 tied to my Microsoft account? I can see the order history, and the version in my account devices list, but can't see how I would transfer it.

:)

wilsontomass, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Hello Alex,

There are certain steps that you can do to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. Kindly follow the methods provided by Andre Da Costa on October 24, 2017 on this

link
    and see if this will resolve your concern.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Aug 16, 2019
  3. how to install and download the new windows 10 pro workstation

You can't select Windows Pro Workstation on a clean install, its not listed as an install option. Not unless things have changed since I downloaded the Media Creation Tool ISO on the 17th.
    And as far as I know Pro Keys won't work for Pro Workstation. If they would, Microsoft wouldn't have given me new Pro Workstation keys. I have a two separate lists of keys for Pro and Pro Workstation.
    I did option one in the tutorial listed above, Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

alphanumeric, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Microsoft to Introduce Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs

Microsoft is seemingly going to introduce another version of their Windows 10 operating system. After introducing Windows 10 S earlier in the year, followed by the "Chinafinitive" Windows 10 China Government Edition, the company is seemingly responding to specific market demands of professionals and enterprises. The new Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs (which was first leaked by Microsoft itself through an erroneous upload to the Insider Program) will apparently come in two variants, a standard variant, and the N variant, which is built to comply with EU regulations.

The new Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs will introduce ReFS, the successor to the tried and true NTFS file system. The new ReFS is designed for fault-tolerance and is optimized for handling large data volume, including auto-correcting capabilities and backwards-compatibility with NTFS. Additionally, Microsoft is baking in SMB Direct protocol file sharing in Windows 10 Pro for Workstation which allows for high throughput, low latency and low CPU utilization when accessing network shares. It will also introduce support for systems with up to four CPUs (up from Windows 10 and Windows 10 Pro dual CPU limit) and 6 TB of RAM.

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 616dcdd0eadc_thm.jpg

Source: ETeknix

Raevenlord, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

1. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - Similar Threads - Can't reactivate Pro

2. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  4. Microsoft Upgrade reactivation Microsoft 10 Pro for workstations

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Upgrade reactivation Microsoft 10 Pro for workstations: On March 8th of 2019 I purchased Microsoft 10 pro for workstations upgrade for 125$. I had to reinstall windows and the UEFI product key kicked in and downloaded windows 10 Pro. I look at my order history on account.microsoft.com, and it shows the order number and a broken...
  5. Microsoft Upgrade reactivation Microsoft 10 Pro for workstations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Upgrade reactivation Microsoft 10 Pro for workstations: On March 8th of 2019 I purchased Microsoft 10 pro for workstations upgrade for 125$. I had to reinstall windows and the UEFI product key kicked in and downloaded windows 10 Pro. I look at my order history on account.microsoft.com, and it shows the order number and a broken...
  6. Microsoft Upgrade reactivation Microsoft 10 Pro for workstations

7. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro: Hello,Genuine question about reactivating Windows 10 Pro after multiple calls with support. I bought Windows 10 retail for $119.99. I needed the ability to use remote desktop during COVID quarantine, so I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro for $99. My PC was in dire need of an...
  8. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro: Hello,Genuine question about reactivating Windows 10 Pro after multiple calls with support. I bought Windows 10 retail for $119.99. I needed the ability to use remote desktop during COVID quarantine, so I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro for $99. My PC was in dire need of an...
  9. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro

10. Can't reactivate windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't reactivate windows 10 pro: My motherboard died this weak, I got a new one but now windows is telling me to activate, I thought the licenses were linked to the account, I got my license from the windows 7 to windows 10 update, what should I do? Everytime I try using the troubleshoot option it tells me...