Windows 10: Can't reactivate Windows 10

Discus and support Can't reactivate Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Yesterday I build a new computer with some components some my old PC, however, I did change the motherboard. Before I took my old computer apart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChristofferHermansen, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Can't reactivate Windows 10

Hi

Yesterday I build a new computer with some components some my old PC, however, I did change the motherboard. Before I took my old computer apart I made sure that I had connected it to my Microsoft Account. Now that i want to activate Windows it won't let me. I have tried troubleshooting several times but without luck. When I press the "I have changed hardware" button, it did register my old computer so I tried choosing that as the computer I use now but that did not work. Then I removed the old PC from my Microsoft Account. Then I tried troubleshooting again and this time my old computer was gone. Then I pressed "look for other units that are connected to your Microsoft Account" but that did not work either.

Am I doing something completely wrong? It did say I had a digital license before I took my old PC apart

Thanks.

:)

ChristofferHermansen, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Can't reactivate Windows 10

Delta6326, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't reactivate Windows 10

1. Can't reactivate Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't reactivate

2. Changed motherboard, can't reactivate Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed motherboard, can't reactivate Windows 11: I recently changed my motherboard and want to reactivate Windows 11. When I click "troubleshoot" in "Activation", it says "troubleshooting has completed. We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the internet and try again.."The internet is...
  3. Changed motherboard, can't reactivate Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed motherboard, can't reactivate Windows 11: I recently changed my motherboard and want to reactivate Windows 11. When I click "troubleshoot" in "Activation", it says "troubleshooting has completed. We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the internet and try again.."The internet is...
  4. Can't reactivate Windows 11

Can't reactivate Windows 11: i recently made a new computer with all new hardware and intended to move my Windows install/license to it. my previous computer was running Windows 10, The new computer supports Windows 11 so I upgraded soon after switching. It's now saying it can't reactivate Windows...
  5. Can't reactivate Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reactivate Windows 11: i recently made a new computer with all new hardware and intended to move my Windows install/license to it. my previous computer was running Windows 10, The new computer supports Windows 11 so I upgraded soon after switching. It's now saying it can't reactivate Windows...
  6. "We can't reactivate Windows from these devices"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "We can't reactivate Windows from these devices": I have completely changed hardware new motherboard, new processor, etc. Formatted the SSD where Windows was installed and installed it fresh.Now I cannot install it. I am logged in with the same MS account that was in the previous one, but when I launch the trouble shooter...
  7. "We can't reactivate Windows from these devices"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We can't reactivate Windows from these devices": I have completely changed hardware new motherboard, new processor, etc. Formatted the SSD where Windows was installed and installed it fresh.Now I cannot install it. I am logged in with the same MS account that was in the previous one, but when I launch the trouble shooter...
  8. "We can't reactivate Windows from these devices"

9. Can't reactivate Windows after the motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't reactivate Windows after the motherboard change: So recently I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard, so Windows asked me to reactivate itself I did the troubleshooting thing, but my PC doesn't show up on the list, however it shows up in my microsoft account.Answering the questions:Yes, I tried to relog into my microsoft...
  10. Can't reactivate Windows after the motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reactivate Windows after the motherboard change: So recently I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard, so Windows asked me to reactivate itself I did the troubleshooting thing, but my PC doesn't show up on the list, however it shows up in my microsoft account.Answering the questions:Yes, I tried to relog into my microsoft...