Windows 10: Can't reactivate windows after motherboard and processor change.

Discus and support Can't reactivate windows after motherboard and processor change. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently purchased a new motherboard and cpu for my system. After change motherboard and booting windows I as expected get error code: 0xC004F211... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HannesAdolfsson, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Can't reactivate windows after motherboard and processor change.

Recently purchased a new motherboard and cpu for my system.

After change motherboard and booting windows I as expected get error code: 0xC004F211 Windows detected hardware change.

When trying to troubleshoot and selecting "I recently changed hardware on this device" I'm left with a message that I couldn't connect to Microsoft servers for activation. It's been like this for several days now and I have a hard time thinking their servers never are available.

To answer some questions before you ask them:

• Windows licence came from a free windows 8 upgrade which later became a free windows 10 upgrade.
    • I have not deactivated any kind of services and I have the latest version of windows available. I even put my original motherboard and processor in to reinstall a clean version of windows, activated it on that system and then switched hardware again.
    • I have changed motherboard once before a couple 2 - 3? years ago since I somehow managed to break only a motherboard.

Since there is no online messaging to an agent for me to use and I don't have the balls to actually call an agent I'm asking you guys for help.

pm: please help, I hate the light theme that I cannot change :

:)

HannesAdolfsson, Mar 26, 2020

2. win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Mar 26, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Can't reactivate windows after motherboard and processor change.

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Activate using windows 7 pro key.

cereberus, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't reactivate windows after motherboard and processor change.

1. Can't reactivate windows after motherboard and processor change. - Similar Threads - Can't reactivate motherboard

2. Can't reactivate Windows after the motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't reactivate Windows after the motherboard change: So recently I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard, so Windows asked me to reactivate itself I did the troubleshooting thing, but my PC doesn't show up on the list, however it shows up in my microsoft account.Answering the questions:Yes, I tried to relog into my microsoft...
  3. Can't reactivate Windows after the motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reactivate Windows after the motherboard change: So recently I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard, so Windows asked me to reactivate itself I did the troubleshooting thing, but my PC doesn't show up on the list, however it shows up in my microsoft account.Answering the questions:Yes, I tried to relog into my microsoft...
  4. Can't reactivate Windows after the motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after Motherboard change.

Can't reactivate Windows 10 after Motherboard change.: I'm having trouble reactivating Windows 10 after recently changing my motherboard. I tried using the troubleshooter and clicking on "I changed hardware on this device recently" and the message that popped up was "We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that...
  6. Reactivate after changing motherboard

Reactivate after changing motherboard: Hello all,I'm unable to activate my windows 10 pro after changing my motherboard, I had bought it in early 2020 and I lost the activation code.. When I tried to reactivate it through troubleshoot I'm getting this errorWe can't activate windows now due to not connecting to...
  7. reactivation after change of motherboard

reactivation after change of motherboard: my last windows 10 pro was a digital license. I don't know how to reactivate after change of motherboard. I have still with me the genuine windows 7 license. I don't know what to do. kindly help me....
  8. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after a motherboard change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 after a motherboard change: Recently I changed motherboards in my computer that had legitimate, activated Windows 10. Now whenever I log onto my computer, the "Activate Windows" watermark shows up in the bottom right corner, and it's pretty annoying, so I tried to reactivate Windows like any sane...
  9. Can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard

Can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard: I recently swapped out the motherboard on my pc and windows became deactivated shortly afterwords. When I run the activation troubleshooter in admin mode and click the 'changed hardware recently' button, and then select my device, I am given a screen that states "We can't...
  10. Can't reactivate windows 10 after changing motherboard.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reactivate windows 10 after changing motherboard.: Hi, I changed from an MSI 970A-G43 motherboard (broken) to a gigabyte 970A-DS3P and now my windows 10 isn't activated. I've tried the troubleshooter. Clicked on "I changed hardware on this device recently", selected the device name linked to my windows liscence, and it...