Windows 10: Can't Reactivate Windows/Buy a new License? Error 0x8000FFFF

Discus and support Can't Reactivate Windows/Buy a new License? Error 0x8000FFFF in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, Back in May I upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with no issues. About a month ago my Windows was no longer activated (error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hyznberg, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Hyznberg Win User

Can't Reactivate Windows/Buy a new License? Error 0x8000FFFF

Hi All,

Back in May I upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with no issues. About a month ago my Windows was no longer activated (error code 0x803F7001). I am not sure where my product key is, but I wouldn't mind buying a new one. However, attempting to buy a new license gives me an error, code 0x8000FFFF, stating "We're not sure how you got here, but you can't buy this version of Windows 10" (it also states CV: dNhxK+pJmEe8bGHO).

If it's relevant, when I look under Devices in my account page, it says that everything is okay.

I am not sure how I got this error -- I added an SSD to my device over a year ago and did at least one reset a while ago (not sure exactly when, but before this problem arose). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Hyznberg, Oct 16, 2019
  2. anp24 Win User

Windows 10 error 0x8000ffff

Hello,
    I have windows 10 pro, upgraded from original windows 8 pro OS. From 5 to 6 days, I am trying to update windows store app, but during installing app it is giving me error 0x8000ffff. Also when I am going to windows update, no new update is shown. Also I have tried the following options also, but same error is displayed.

1. windows Reset - it is not working and is showing the message - nothing changed. I am doing windows reset using keeping my files.

2. Checked the windows time and proxy and also steps below.

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:
    1. Press the Windows key + R keys.
    2. In the Run window, type WSReset.exe and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Run built in Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if it helps. This would also fix any issues with Microsoft Sudoku.
    * Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter
    * Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works.
    * Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Apply repair automatically”.
    * Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process. Once done check if problem still persists.

I would suggest you to perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.
    Follow the steps:
    a) Press “Windows Key + Q” button from the keyboard.
    b) Type “Command Prompt” without quotes in the search box.
    c) On the left pane, right click on the “Command Prompt” option and select “Run as Administrator”.
    d) Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit enter (There should be space between sfc and /).
    Note: It may prompt you for the Windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

Re-Register windows store apps using power shell - Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

I could not get to work any of the mentioned options, please help

Thanks.

anp24, Oct 16, 2019
  3. ERROR 0x8000FFFF. HOW CAN I FIX THIS?

Hi Pao,

Error 0x8000FFFF means that you cannot load a page from a
    Microsoft Store
    . To be more specific, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you encounter this on Microsoft Store?
    • In what activity did you receive this message?
    • What is the status of your Internet connection?

In addition, you can visit this link:
    Windows 10 Store app error 0x8000FFFF
    to start troubleshooting this error.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Can't Reactivate Windows/Buy a new License? Error 0x8000FFFF

Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure

Hi Paty,

The Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure may have occurred due to the recent change on your PC or the issue came from the USB Drive itself. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried to use the USB Drive and create a new folder on a different PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Can't Reactivate Windows/Buy a new License? Error 0x8000FFFF

1. Can't Reactivate Windows/Buy a new License? Error 0x8000FFFF - Similar Threads - Can't Reactivate Buy

2. Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...: Hi, I recently change my motherboard and wanted to reactivate windows 10 with the digital license I bought in 2022 directly from Microsoft website. For some reason, when I'm using the "Troubleshoot" in the Activation page I get the following message : "We weren't able to...
  3. Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...: Hi, I recently change my motherboard and wanted to reactivate windows 10 with the digital license I bought in 2022 directly from Microsoft website. For some reason, when I'm using the "Troubleshoot" in the Activation page I get the following message : "We weren't able to...
  4. Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Update can't be done due to 0x8000ffff error!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update can't be done due to 0x8000ffff error!: Windows specifications: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 2004 OS build: 19041.508 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 Error: 2020-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4579311 Status: Download error -...
  6. I need to reactivate Windows so will buying a new license be enough fix this ? Or will I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to reactivate Windows so will buying a new license be enough fix this ? Or will I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/agent6075 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gz04ka/i_need_to_reactivate_windows_so_will_buying_a_new/
  7. Error 0x8000FFFF adding a new Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0x8000FFFF adding a new Folder: Hello, I just got Kingdom come deliverance and would like to add a "mods" folder. This is the first game I have installed from Xbox game pass. The game is under /windowapps/deepSilver.KingdomComeDeliverance_5.503.0.0_x64_hmv7qcest37me when I try to make the new folder I...
  8. 0x8000FFFF Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0x8000FFFF Error: error when running network check. Tried dism and sfc unable to fix. why? Running insider preview 10.0.19041 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x8000ffff-error/3c51aea0-c49a-4fad-8448-12b8f627d9e8
  9. Error 0x8000FFFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x8000FFFF: Whenever I try to open the game Minecraft on the Microsoft store, it always say it has an error (error code 0x8000FFFF), but whenever I open any other game, it works out just fine. I've already tried to do wsreset.exe. Is there any other way to fix this? I've also reinstalled...
  10. error 0x8000ffff

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error 0x8000ffff: each time I try to open an app on the windows 10 app store I get the error 0x8000ffff[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/error-0x8000ffff/e840ff6a-3f93-4b83-8477-3e0a6682b626
Tags: