Windows 10: Cant reactive Windows by Digital Licecses on Microsoft Account after changed hardware

Discus and support Cant reactive Windows by Digital Licecses on Microsoft Account after changed hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello and thank you to read this! Sorry my English is really bad, thank you. My issue is after I change my mainboard, CPU and RAM, set everything up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Machiron, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Machiron Win User

Cant reactive Windows by Digital Licecses on Microsoft Account after changed hardware

Hello and thank you to read this! Sorry my English is really bad, thank you.

My issue is after I change my mainboard, CPU and RAM, set everything up and everything goes normally but I receive an notification tell me that my PC is not activated yet. I tried everything in the support site of Microsoft tell me but none of them can solve this. Normally, If I re-install my Windows, sign in to my account, my PC is auto-activated. I know my Windows key is linked to my account, I try to active by add this PC to my device list on my Microsoft account many time but I cant, I even re-sign in many time in the Windows Setting, verified my PC via email but it cant do anything. I tried to re-name PC and re-start PC but it's not appear at the activate window the choose one of the device to activate window after I click troubleshoot. Some time it tell me that none of my device able to re-active while I'm using it. So please help me I'm not want to leave my PC like this because without the activation, I'm not want my PC is under-attack by hacker or anyone else.

Hope you have a nice day! I'm very appreciate if you help me, thanks!

:)

Machiron, Feb 4, 2020

2. Can't reactivate a digital windows linsence after a hardware change

What I find frustrating is that the 2nd link from Microsoft directly contradicts itself.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

First it says: When installing Windows 10, the digital license associates itself with your device's hardware. So, if you make significant changes, such as replacing your motherboard, Windows will no longer find a license that matches
    your computer.

Then halfway down it says: If you previously linked your Microsoft account to your digital license, you can use the Activation troubleshooter to help reactivate
    Windows after a significant hardware change.

I linked my Microsoft account with my digital license a year ago when I built my PC cause I had issues with the ports on my old motherboard and knew I would be swapping
    it out at some point. I wanted to take the necessary steps before doing so.

Adreatheon, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Uninstall (delete, remove) the Windows 10 digital license from old hardware, after reactivating it on new (similar) hardware, after hardware change

Hi,

I recently was able to reactivate my Windows 10 digital license on new (only on similar, same type laptop to laptop) hardware, by linking my Microsoft account. I followed the steps mentoned in

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

I find that the old hardware, still has an activated digital license of Windows.

I need to uninstall the digital license from the old hardware, in such a way that it will not activate, on its own, and will not invalidate the digital license on my new hardware, at all.

Please advice me, as I would like to transfer my digital license to my new hardware, completely, and permanently. I require my old hardware to not be having the digital license, at all, and the digital license to be completely deleted from it.

Vikram S Ramani, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Cant reactive Windows by Digital Licecses on Microsoft Account after changed hardware

Link my digital license to more than one Microsoft account

Hi,

About your queries, kindly see the answers below:

• Digital license key can only be link to one Microsoft account.
    • Logging out your Microsoft account will unlink your digital license key. Once your digital license key is associated with your Microsoft account, you may

reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change
    • Anything that's related to your digital license.

Don’t hesitate to inform us if you have any other concerns.

Regile Reb, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Cant reactive Windows by Digital Licecses on Microsoft Account after changed hardware

1. Cant reactive Windows by Digital Licecses on Microsoft Account after changed hardware - Similar Threads - Cant reactive Digital

2. Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change: tried the troubleshoot in the activation settings and signed in to my account with windows digital license and the next page tells me no devices found???I used a local account before I changed the hardware, but the digital license should be tied to my email address since I...
  3. Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change: tried the troubleshoot in the activation settings and signed in to my account with windows digital license and the next page tells me no devices found???I used a local account before I changed the hardware, but the digital license should be tied to my email address since I...
  4. Can't reactivate windows with digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. unable to reactivate digital license after hardware change

unable to reactivate digital license after hardware change: Purchased windows10 pro back in 2016 from MS OneStore. Motherboard failed two days ago and I had to replace it. When trying to activate my license troubleshooter says Error Code 0xC004F213.After calling MS support, I was told I have to call back during "normal business...
  6. How to reactivate with digital license after hardware change

How to reactivate with digital license after hardware change: I built my computer back in 2013 and bought a windows 7 professional license for it. At some point I used the free update to windows 10. Recently I decided to upgrade to a Ryzen 7 from my old Intel cpu. I followed the walkthrough here...
  7. Cant reactivate windows 10 after hardware change

Cant reactivate windows 10 after hardware change: Error: 0x803FA067 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reactivate-windows-10-after-hardware-change/b68ff123-5838-49d7-85ae-821ec0ef3589"
  8. Windows 10 reactivation with digital license after hardware change

Windows 10 reactivation with digital license after hardware change: I was under the impression that having linked your Microsoft account with your old hardware to have the digital license linked you could activate windows 10 on the new hardware, was I wrong? I don't have my windows 7 key anymore since i got that from my school a while ago but...
  9. Can't reactivate a digital windows linsence after a hardware change

Can't reactivate a digital windows linsence after a hardware change: I recently changed motherboards for my PC. Windows 10 is no longer allowing me to active the device. I purchased a digital license from the Microsoft store a little over a year ago and attached it to my Microsoft account. When I troubleshoot my activation and select my new...
  10. CANT REACTIVATE MY WINDOWS 10 DIGITAL LICENSE AFTER HARDWARE CHANGE

CANT REACTIVATE MY WINDOWS 10 DIGITAL LICENSE AFTER HARDWARE CHANGE: Anyone know how do I reactivate my Windows 10 again? Recently changed the hardware. Only have digital license from the 2016 free upgrade. Online Support are only bots. and the community forum which lead to the same links/troubleshoot. oh by the way. Troubleshooting didn't...