Windows 10: Can't read certain files

Discus and support Can't read certain files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; why i can't open files like .md, .ipynb, .yaml. everytime i try to open it it will show "how do you want to open this file ?". [ATTACH] [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alex773, Jan 12, 2021.

1. alex773 Win User

Can't read certain files

why i can't open files like .md, .ipynb, .yaml. everytime i try to open it it will show "how do you want to open this file ?".

Can't read certain files 556c3707-1d8d-4287-ae81-c2cd11e1c5e3?upload=true.png

Can't read certain files 55564034-783e-4036-a045-e31b25e15696?upload=true.png Can't read certain files 3b3da1c1-0b09-49f9-9af3-f363bfdd2edf?upload=true.png Can't read certain files 57641489-9e3e-4755-a5fc-5566c2268ee4?upload=true.png

Can't read certain files a0e70e95-4e17-4375-81d8-00907d02d897?upload=true.png

:)

alex773, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Jsssssssss, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Problem with 4500MHD to read Sony .mts files

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Which player are you using?
    • Did you try to play the same video's using different player?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Install all the Windows updates including optional updates and check if it works.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to update the video driver from the device manager and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and select device manager.
    • Expand display adapter and right click on installed driver and click on update.
    Step 3:
    If doesn't work, I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 12, 2021
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't read certain files

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't read certain files :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Can't read certain files

1. Can't read certain files - Similar Threads - Can't read certain

2. How to set certain types of files to read-only by default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set certain types of files to read-only by default?: Context: I use a windows 11 computer to process data recorded by a scientific instrument. The data usually comes in the format of csv files.Question: Is there a way to set, for example, all .csv files to read-only by default, unless otherwise modified in file property menu?...
  3. How to set certain types of files to read-only by default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set certain types of files to read-only by default?: Context: I use a windows 11 computer to process data recorded by a scientific instrument. The data usually comes in the format of csv files.Question: Is there a way to set, for example, all .csv files to read-only by default, unless otherwise modified in file property menu?...
  4. "these files have properties that can't be read"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "these files have properties that can't be read": I'm trying to edit a video mp4 in Video Editor Photos and getting this error: "these files have properties that can't be read". I have to Dell Pcs, in one Video Editor can add the video in the other it can't. So nothing is wrong with the video. Both PCs were upgraded to...
  5. "these files have properties that can't be read"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "these files have properties that can't be read": I'm trying to edit a video mp4 in Video Editor Photos and getting this error: "these files have properties that can't be read". I have to Dell Pcs, in one Video Editor can add the video in the other it can't. So nothing is wrong with the video. Both PCs were upgraded to...
  6. Can't Read File From Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Read File From Disk: Hey I have a problem with copying a folder that I sent a month ago to my external hard drive, I cant copy it or move it because it says that can't read from the source or drive an stuck in the middle. it's weird because I can open the files or watch them with kmp since they...
  7. Can't open certain files/apps

Can't open certain files/apps: Hi, I tried running a app today but it didn't seem to open. I tried looking in task manager to see why, and I saw that it did open, but then immediately suspend. I also looked in Event Viewer and saw this: https://pastebin.com/Zab5Nbk4 shorten due to it being very long...
  8. Can't read bin files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't read bin files.: Hi, so whenever I try to open a bin file it returns a message saying "An error occurred while unpacking: Unable to read data! Unarc.dll reyrned an error code:-6 ERROR: Can't open file C:\Users\User\XXXXX.bin (example) Please help submitted by /u/Gabin123456 [link]...
  9. Can't modify properties of certain files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't modify properties of certain files: Some files,when I modify the metadata (es. Images), sometimes it says "unable to modify metadata: file in use by COM Surrogate". The problem is that, COM Surrogate aka dllhost.exe is the same process that should modify the metadata, so if I turn down this process the whole...
  10. Can't open certain files.

Can't open certain files.: After a recent Windows update I am unable to open some of my files on disk or backup hard drive. Instead, I get the message; The media is write protected. I am able to open, modify and save the same files on either media using my old XP laptop but not on my laptop running...