Windows 10: Can't read desktop Icon text descriptions. No "shadow" text.

Discus and support Can't read desktop Icon text descriptions. No "shadow" text. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 home and desktop icon text descriptions are not using "shadow" font so white text is invisible on white backgroud. Messed with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Al Addison, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Can't read desktop Icon text descriptions. No "shadow" text.

Running Windows 10 home and desktop icon text descriptions are not using "shadow" font so white text is invisible on white backgroud. Messed with a variety of display settings and started working but now has stopped again back to same problem. Any suggestions?

:)

Al Addison, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Private Win User

Update caused Shadow on desktop icon text

Hi there...

No screenshot? Ok, my guess is the text shadow's been enabled, check the tutorial below:

Desktop Icon Labels - Turn Drop Shadows On or Off

Private, Jan 1, 2019
  3. IMK
    imk Win User

Hello,
    I just had a update on Win10 Pro 64b and it has made my desktop icon text almost unreadable as it has put a black shadow on the text. Any ideas please?
    Many thanks in advance

4. IMK
    imk Win User

Can't read desktop Icon text descriptions. No "shadow" text.

Many thanks worked fine but had to reboot to get it to work..

Thema:

Can't read desktop Icon text descriptions. No "shadow" text.

1. Can't read desktop Icon text descriptions. No "shadow" text. - Similar Threads - Can't read desktop

2. shadow of text on desktop is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shadow of text on desktop is gone: i dont know if its because of an update or because of something else, but the shadow thats on text on the desktop is gone. it also makes it hard to read some names because of the wallpaper i use. how can i fix this?...
  3. shadow of text on desktop is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shadow of text on desktop is gone: i dont know if its because of an update or because of something else, but the shadow thats on text on the desktop is gone. it also makes it hard to read some names because of the wallpaper i use. how can i fix this?...
  4. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  5. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  6. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons. It tuns out that "Smooth edges of screen fonts" is the issue.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well. Turning on or off...
  7. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons. It tuns out that "Smooth edges of screen fonts" is the issue.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well. Turning on or off...
  8. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons.My Desktop icons used to look like this.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well.Turning "Use drop shadows for icon labels on...
  9. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons.My Desktop icons used to look like this.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well.Turning "Use drop shadows for icon labels on...
  10. Update caused Shadow on desktop icon text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update caused Shadow on desktop icon text: Hello, I just had a update on Win10 Pro 64b and it has made my desktop icon text almost unreadable as it has put a black shadow on the text. Any ideas please? Many thanks in advance 60916