Windows 10: Can't read dvd on centrix usb dvd-rom player

Discus and support Can't read dvd on centrix usb dvd-rom player in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a centrix usb dvd player that works fine on my old toshiba laptop reads and installs programs but my new computer an hp pavillion x360... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterWolfskehl1, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Can't read dvd on centrix usb dvd-rom player

I have a centrix usb dvd player that works fine on my old toshiba laptop reads and installs programs but my new computer an hp pavillion x360 recognizes the dvd player in device manager and indicates everything is working fine but when put a dvd disk in there it wont read it. And it doesn't show up in file manager. what is going on. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I'v updated the driver.

:)

PeterWolfskehl1, Mar 4, 2020
  2. DianeDS Win User

External USB CD DVD ROM Player Drive

What do I to use my external USB DVD ROM player with a HP Envy Window 8.1 computer? I plugged in the USB and it recognized the external device, but the dvd won't play. Thanks

DianeDS, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Can't read dvd on centrix usb dvd-rom player

DVD Player Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

A DVD may not play for one or more reasons. The following is a list of possible reasons and some steps you can take to try to solve this issue:

• Another DVD player application has been installed on your computer that prevents it from playing the DVD. Try closing or uninstalling the other DVD player application.

• Your DVD drive has been disabled. Verify that your DVD-ROM drive is enabled.

• Your display resolution or connection type does not support the copy protection technology that is required to play the DVD. You may need to change your display resolution to 640x480 or 720x480. Alternatively, you can change the cable connection between
      your display and your computer to use a DVI or VGA cable.

• Your DVD-ROM drive cannot play back that type of DVD. For example, some DVD-ROM drives can only read DVD+R or DVD-R discs. If you burn a video DVD to a type of recordable DVD that the DVD-ROM drive does not support, the DVD will not play back.
    Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't read dvd on centrix usb dvd-rom player

1. Can't read dvd on centrix usb dvd-rom player - Similar Threads - Can't read dvd

2. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  3. dvd/CD rom not reading

dvd/CD rom not reading: operating system : win 10 64 bit dvd/cd rom drives: matshita dvd-ram uj8b0 device status: This device is working properly i uninstalled all antivirus programs still not reading discs i uninstalled and reinstalled still not reading any DVD OR CD I DID SEARCH FOR...
  4. DVD dive Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H will not read CD roms

DVD dive Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H will not read CD roms: My Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H installed in Asus laptop N55S running windows 10 Home is not recognizing my old Cd's. It shows the message that I should insert a disk. Any help is highly appreciated....
  5. Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc

Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc: It's said CD / DVD / VCD is read by laser , and never touch the disc physcially, and so it would never scratch the disc and cause any data rot to the disc, is that true? My discs are more expensive than the DVD writer... 133953
  6. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  7. dvd rom

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd rom: Hi.What program from Microsoft for dvd rom windows 10 os from dell> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rom/8dd17d1b-790a-4b2d-8c4c-a18415102b41
  8. DVD/CD rom

DVD/CD rom: My DVD/CD player is constantly running. I have hundreds of irreplaceable pictures on it and I'm afraid to eject the DVD for fear of losing all these pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvdcd-rom/dc8fdc32-ac8b-4d00-8a14-953fe64eb3f6
  9. DVD rom is not reading CD/DVD after installing windows 10 home

DVD rom is not reading CD/DVD after installing windows 10 home: My DVD writer is not working in my ASUS X555L laptop after upgrade to win 10. It is only reading Eset software CD and not reading any other CD or DVD. What would be the problem? A drivers problem? Can any one help me please........
  10. DVD/CD-ROM Read Problems

DVD/CD-ROM Read Problems: Hi: I have just come across a funny one. I have a program that I wanted to install into my Win 10 Pro Machine (64 Bit) and have found that the disk can not be read by the DVD/CD-ROM Drive. I also tried it in another Windows 10 Computer (64 Bit) and it also can't read...