Windows 10: "Can't read from the source file or disk" when pasting to external hard disk

Discus and support "Can't read from the source file or disk" when pasting to external hard disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've tried formatting the hard disk or using check disk for errors on the external hard drive. They take place smoothly and encounter no glitches. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShiwangSingh, Jun 1, 2021.

1. "Can't read from the source file or disk" when pasting to external hard disk

I've tried formatting the hard disk or using check disk for errors on the external hard drive. They take place smoothly and encounter no glitches. The file copying + pasting encounters no errors from PC to flash drives or other drive partitions. The hard disk gives the same error on other laptops as well! Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

ShiwangSingh, Jun 1, 2021

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 1, 2021
  3. external hard disk recognition

external hard disk is listed in device manager but I cannot access the disk etc

IanMacArthur, Jun 1, 2021
  4. michael Win User

"Can't read from the source file or disk" when pasting to external hard disk

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk

Hi Guys,

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk.

There are only two WD or Segate

What I want:-

1.USB 3.0
    2.LAN port
    3.Torrent client
    4.DLNA streaming

Please suggest if you have any experiences

Thanks.

michael, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

"Can't read from the source file or disk" when pasting to external hard disk

1. "Can't read from the source file or disk" when pasting to external hard disk - Similar Threads - Can't read source

2. Not able to copy data to my hard drive. "Can't read from the source file or disk".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to copy data to my hard drive. "Can't read from the source file or disk".: Hi. I have been trying to back up some data from my laptop to my hard disk. The copy process stops midway and an error occurs which reads "Can't read from the source file or disk". I ran a chkdsk also but i stopped it at stage 4 because the files I was trying to copy went...
  3. Not able to copy data to my hard drive. "Can't read from the source file or disk".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to copy data to my hard drive. "Can't read from the source file or disk".: Hi. I have been trying to back up some data from my laptop to my hard disk. The copy process stops midway and an error occurs which reads "Can't read from the source file or disk". I ran a chkdsk also but i stopped it at stage 4 because the files I was trying to copy went...
  4. Move file from hard disk to external

Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  5. Can't read from source file or disk when copying files between OS and external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't read from source file or disk when copying files between OS and external hard drive: Hello community services,I cannot transfer my files from my computer Windows 11 Acer Aspire E15 to my easystore 5 TB external hard drive because I have been experiencing the error Can't read from source file or disk even though the file I am copying is not corrupt if it is...
  6. Can't read from source file or disk when copying files between OS and external hard drive

Can't read from source file or disk when copying files between OS and external hard drive: Hello community services,I cannot transfer my files from my computer Windows 11 Acer Aspire E15 to my easystore 5 TB external hard drive because I have been experiencing the error Can't read from source file or disk even though the file I am copying is not corrupt if it is...
  7. Can't Read File From Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Read File From Disk: Hey I have a problem with copying a folder that I sent a month ago to my external hard drive, I cant copy it or move it because it says that can't read from the source or drive an stuck in the middle. it's weird because I can open the files or watch them with kmp since they...
  8. "Can't read from the source file or disk" error, came out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Can't read from the source file or disk" error, came out of nowhere: Hello everyone and thanks for reading. My laptop's W10 started malfunctioning like this out of nowhere since yesterday and I fear I'm gonna have to format and install W10 from scratch, with no apparent chance at making a backup of my information. Has anyone ever come across...
  9. Can't read from the source file or disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't read from the source file or disk: hello, I am trying to copy folders from my D: Drive to my External Hard Drive MyCloud Home by Western Digital. Everytime I try to copy some folders, it pauses at some point and shows me error: "Can't read from the source file or disk" I have contacted Western Digital...
  10. Can't read from source file or disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't read from source file or disk: Hi I have a cd in which their are my inportant work in the form of zip files I had windows 7 and when i copied my work to my hard disk it copied without errors But now i got windows 10 pro i my same laptop But now when i copy those zip files it shows an error "can't read...