Windows 10: Can’t read wireless networks

Discus and support Can’t read wireless networks in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My airplane mode is off, I’ve tried updating the driver, uninstalling it, resetting, went into bios to make sure wireless is enabled, etc etc etc The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ronnieleeeee, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Can’t read wireless networks

My airplane mode is off, I’ve tried updating the driver, uninstalling it, resetting, went into bios to make sure wireless is enabled, etc etc etc

The WiFi icon that’s usually at the bottom right isn’t there anymore.

I would try to update my pc but obviously I don’t have internet because it won’t detect wireless networks.

I’m on a Lenovo Ideapad 120S if that matters

Anyone know what I could do?

submitted by /u/Ronnieleeeee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ronnieleeeee, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Can’t read wireless networks :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Can’t read wireless networks

Unable to display list of wireless networks.

Hi Richard,

Wireless networks could be set as a private network and that could be a possible reason why you are experiencing issues with viewing some wireless networks within your area. For us to provide better assistance, we would need to know if you are trying to
    connect to a public wireless network.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest performing network reset. Follow these steps to do so:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Under Status, look for Network troubleshooter and then click on Network reset.
    • Restart your computer once the process completed.

If the same issue persists, you can follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . It provides information and steps on how to address network connection issues in Windows 10.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Can’t read wireless networks

1. Can’t read wireless networks - Similar Threads - Can’t read wireless

2. Can’t connect to WiFi, ‘You have no preferred wireless networks’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t connect to WiFi, ‘You have no preferred wireless networks’: I’ve been dealing with an issue with ping spikes for a while now and after exhausting every option I decided to try a windows reset/refresh. Although initially this wasn’t working, as I was being met with an error message that read: “There was a problem when resetting your...
  3. Can’t connect to WiFi, ‘You have no preferred wireless networks’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t connect to WiFi, ‘You have no preferred wireless networks’: I’ve been dealing with an issue with ping spikes for a while now and after exhausting every option I decided to try a windows reset/refresh. Although initially this wasn’t working, as I was being met with an error message that read: “There was a problem when resetting your...
  4. Can’t connect to WiFi, ‘You have no preferred wireless networks’

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. wireless network

wireless network: Can you provide a step by step instructions for networking two Windows 10 computers in the same office wirelessly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network/fa6663b5-a300-471b-83dc-74181ba1338b
  6. wireless network

wireless network: whenever i try to connect to a wifi it shows that a network cable is broken or unplugged but i have never used a network cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network/8e270fd4-3fe2-4f8e-a647-7c5f13f85899
  7. Wireless Networks

Wireless Networks: Upgraded my HP Omni Pro 110 from Window 7 to Windows 10. This PC has no built-in wireless network adapter so I use Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band USB adapter. After upgrade my PC no longer finds any wireless networks even though many are in the area. I don’t have WiFi so I...
  8. Wireless Network

Wireless Network: Hi, please i need help with my Asus laptop operating on Windows 10. The whole problem started last week. My wifi keep getting missing all the time. At times it will come up by itself after rebooting. I find it quite annoying to reboot my PC all the time, with the hope...
  9. wireless network

wireless network: On first booting up my new windows PC it has connected to the Internet without asking for my Wireless Password Key. How can this be. I cannot find how to add in the key so I am worried about how I am connected and want to ensure that I am only logging on with WiFi I trust....
  10. wireless network .........

wireless network .........: newbie here. I just took the free Windows 10 upgrade on one of my PC's, and most everything went well. Almost most of my software still works, and there were no hardware issues from the upgrade. I'm on a wireless network, and can access all the other Win7 systems and the...