Windows 10: can't rearrange certain icon in start menu

Discus and support can't rearrange certain icon in start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Several of my icons in the start menu I can't move. I can resize them, but it won't allow me to move them. This applies for - documents folder -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ddz227, Jun 22, 2020.

1. ddz227 Win User

can't rearrange certain icon in start menu

Several of my icons in the start menu I can't move. I can resize them, but it won't allow me to move them. This applies for

- documents folder

- videos folder

- pictures folder

- downloads folder

I can still rearrange all my other icons, such as

- Dropbox folder

- Excel

- Word

- Netflix app

- music folder

For the items I can't move, I can "pick up" the icon and drag it, but the start menu doesn't fade and I can't drop the icon to a new location.

:)

ddz227, Jun 22, 2020

2. Icons rearrangement

Hi Amin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on desktop, click on View.
    • Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

For issue related Start menu check if it has set for full screen try to Off it.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Click on Start, turn Off Use Start full screen.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jun 22, 2020
  4. valencia7 Win User

Rearranging Menu Icons

If you want to rearrange the menu icons you have to press one of the icons in the menu and keep it pressed for a few seconds.And the you can move all the icons. Hope I was helpful.

valencia7, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

1. can't rearrange certain icon in start menu - Similar Threads - can't rearrange certain

2. Can't click on the start menu - Windows Icon -

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't click on the start menu - Windows Icon -: Hello,I'm facing these problems below:I can't left or right click the start menu Windows Icon + I can't right click the apps that is running on the taskbar + I can't use the search bar + I can't open windows settings even with Win Key + i + I can't open Microsoft StoreI've...
  3. Can't click on the start menu - Windows Icon -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click on the start menu - Windows Icon -: Hello,I'm facing these problems below:I can't left or right click the start menu Windows Icon + I can't right click the apps that is running on the taskbar + I can't use the search bar + I can't open windows settings even with Win Key + i + I can't open Microsoft StoreI've...
  4. Can't click on the start menu - Windows Icon -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu: Just finally was able to get my W8.1 upgraded to W10. Now I can't drag or rearrange any of the tiles on my Start Menu. When I click and hold the left mouse button on a tile and attempt to drag the icon, nothing happens, and as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it...
  6. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu: Just finally was able to get my W8.1 upgraded to W10. Now I can't drag or rearrange any of the tiles on my Start Menu. When I click and hold the left mouse button on a tile and attempt to drag the icon, nothing happens, and as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it...
  7. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE.

in Windows 10 Customization
    STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE.: Why does my Start Menu rearrange itself every so often, coupled with the addition of several new suggested app tiles which, when I click, take me to the Windows Store to purchase? The rearrangement is very annoying in itself but the fact that 3 or 4 'app suggestion' tiles...
  9. Start menu icons rearrange themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons rearrange themselves: Hello, I hope someone has any idea what is happening any possibly why. My start menu icons every now and then rearrange themselves. They go from small to medium size, and groups resolve. Then I do the tedious work of arranging everything and then without a single...
  10. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601