Windows 10: Can't Reboot in Safe Mode from Sign-in Screen

Discus and support Can't Reboot in Safe Mode from Sign-in Screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, My computer won't accept my password at the sign in screen. I've tried all the old ones, including the ones associated with users I've deleted.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LyndsayGee, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Can't Reboot in Safe Mode from Sign-in Screen

Hi,

My computer won't accept my password at the sign in screen. I've tried all the old ones, including the ones associated with users I've deleted. Sometimes it will accept a password and give me the "Welcome" loading symbol for a few seconds but then returns to the "Your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this PC."

It won't let me reconnect to my WiFi, we changed the password and connecting through the sign-in screen icon doesn't give me the option to enter the new password, it just says "cannot connect to this network".

I tried to restart in safe mode by holding down Shift and clicking restart, but it doesn't bring me to the "Options" screen where I can select "Troubleshoot", it just brings me right back to the sign in screen.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thank you

:)

LyndsayGee, Oct 29, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking sees no available networks

I'm trying to reboot the system into the Safe Mode with Networking (option 5). However, while regular mode is connected to the network the Safe Mode doesn't connect and doesn't give any available network list.

Any suggestions?

Robbie Doo, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Can't Reboot in Safe Mode from Sign-in Screen

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't Reboot in Safe Mode from Sign-in Screen

1. Can't Reboot in Safe Mode from Sign-in Screen - Similar Threads - Can't Reboot Safe

2. Can't sign in with safe mode neither with normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in with safe mode neither with normal mode: I've been messing around with my graphics drivers on dell E6540 and after getting BSODs I decided to reset windows 10 but I'm still getting BSODs and now I can't even set-up my language and keyboard and things I tried using safe mode but I cant set it up that way either when...
  3. Can't sign in with safe mode neither with normal mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't sign in with safe mode neither with normal mode: I've been messing around with my graphics drivers on dell E6540 and after getting BSODs I decided to reset windows 10 but I'm still getting BSODs and now I can't even set-up my language and keyboard and things I tried using safe mode but I cant set it up that way either when...
  4. Can't sign-in into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign-in into safe mode: I can't sign in to my laptop. I've tried to press and hold the Shift key while clicking on restart button in order to sign-in into safe mode, but it doesn't work at all. Can someone help me?...
  5. Can't sign-in into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign-in into safe mode: I can't sign in to my laptop. I've tried to press and hold the Shift key while clicking on restart button in order to sign-in into safe mode, but it doesn't work at all. Can someone help me?...
  6. Can't sign in in safe mode with networking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in in safe mode with networking: When i attempt to boot windows 10 in safe mode with networking, it brings me to the sign in page. When i press sign in, a tab that says 'Search for app in the store? You need to install an app for this task. Would you like yo search for one in the store?' If I press yes or...
  7. Can't sign in on safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't sign in on safe mode: I had to reboot my Asus brand gaming laptop into safe mode for a reason, but it won't accept my password and keeps saying it's incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-on-safe-mode/29087a8a-8677-44c8-b5ff-b2258e39d81b
  8. Can't access to safe mode through reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access to safe mode through reboot: Hello i can't start my laptot Acer Spire Nitro as he stopped reconizing the mouse and keyboard both integrated and external after the launch, so i can even go further then the PIN screen. I tried to reboot it into safe mode to check the drivers, but when i launch it in...
  9. In Safe Mode, can't sign in with Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    In Safe Mode, can't sign in with Pin: I put my laptop in Safe Mode before running a malware program. When I restated it would not accept my pin and didn't give me an option to change my password. Now I'm stuck because everything I've read about fixing it indicates I need to be on the computer somehow, which I...
  10. Safe Mode Reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Safe Mode Reboot: Hi Jim here from Elliot Lake Ontario.... 6 hr north of Toronto and 2 hours east of the Soo, Mich Been retired here in the north for 20 years after a career with Bell Canada... in a variety of installation/repair/central office then sales marketing and consulting to outside...